User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I argued with Nik once... once.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Scavenger"

Status
    I don't want this to come off as dick-ish. Maybe I'm having a nikvoodoo moment but here goes.

I hate these "I'm disappointed" threads. I respect you have those feelings, and it's okay to express them. But I can't understand why ANYONE would be "disappointed". The show's quality has not dropped. Maybe the direction of the story is not what you expected, but regardless the quality HAS NOT DROPPED. There is NO other show like We're Alive. I know. I've looked. Because of that fact, I can NEVER be disappointed in this show. Even at its lowest, most boring moments (which this season has been anything but. In comparison, Season 2 at the beginning was much slower), I can never fault this show. It's Free, I enjoy it at the expense of others free time. The acting, direction, etc... is still amazing.

Until you can give me a show that has the same amount of quality direction, acting, writing, music, etc... We're Alive remains the best podcast you'll ever listen to. Regardless of if it's slow right now or not.

And quite frankly I'm shocked you're even complaining. The amount of story that KC is giving away right now is a breath of fresh air. Season 2 hardly revealed anything. Season 3 is now starting to answer our most critical questions.
    Last edited by riskbreaker23; May 18th, 2012 at 09:06 PM.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I argued with Nik once... once.
    Careful, that's Dangerously .
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; May 18th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

ruh-roh.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Careful, that's .
    True story, man. I didn't see daylight for 28 days.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by megamanxzero35 View Post
    I felt they were different enough to warrant different threads. This topic was talking about characters, I was talking about the direction the show is taking.
    Same church, different pew.

Both are talking about the general dislike for the way the season is panning out. You're both citing different examples though.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riskbreaker23 View Post
    I don't want this to come off as dick-ish. Maybe I'm having a nikvoodoo moment but here goes.

I hate these "I'm disappointed" threads. I respect you have those feelings, and it's okay to express them. But I can't understand why ANYONE would be "disappointed". The show's quality has not dropped. Maybe the direction of the story is not what you expected, but regardless the quality HAS NOT DROPPED. There is NO other show like We're Alive. I know. I've looked. Because of that fact, I can NEVER be disappointed in this show. Even at its lowest, most boring moments (which this season has been anything but. In comparison, Season 2 at the beginning was much slower), I can never fault this show. It's Free, I enjoy it at the expense of others free time. The acting, direction, etc... is still amazing.

Until you can give me a show that has the same amount of quality direction, acting, writing, music, etc... We're Alive remains the best podcast you'll ever listen to. Regardless of if it's slow right now or not.

And quite frankly I'm shocked you're even complaining. The amount of story that KC is giving away right now is a breath of fresh air. Season 2 hardly revealed anything. Season 3 is now starting to answer our most critical questions.
    well, i don't think anyone was saying the quality dropped. the general concensus here (in this particular thread) is that there is something in the writing of the show, or just the way the story is playing out that is not quite what they fell in love with in the begining. now that may be somewhat true i guess (every episode can't be a pulse pounding thriller, and the writing of every episode will not be the same across the board, that's just human nature) though i disagree. i think the show is off in a new direction that, any time now, will come full circle and the gang will be a it again. though new characters now, since the original crew has pretty much reached the end of their personal development arcs, for the most part.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I'm with others as in it's just life. There are ups and downs and this podcast is just going along like normal life. In life you don't always get a reason for why things changed or ended, they just did and you need to move on. (That bitch of a ex-girlfriend...)

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    well, i don't think anyone was saying the quality dropped. the general concensus here (in this particular thread) is that there is something in the writing of the show, or just the way the story is playing out that is not quite what they fell in love with in the begining. now that may be somewhat true i guess (every episode can't be a pulse pounding thriller, and the writing of every episode will not be the same across the board, that's just human nature) though i disagree. i think the show is off in a new direction that, any time now, will come full circle and the gang will be a it again. though new characters now, since the original crew has pretty much reached the end of their personal development arcs, for the most part.
    I hear ya, and that's a good explanation of maybe what the OP is talking about. However, I'm still incredulous. We've been BEGGING for more information since Season 1 (those of us that started with Season 1). The community has done nothing but grow since Season 1 and now everyone is BEGGING for more information in Season 2, which KC played even closer to the chest than Season 1. However, NOW we are getting delicious morsels of information. We're reaching new people that have new information! I've never been more excited to gain more information. I can't believe others aren't excited to finally hear about some of this stuff.

Heck, we may be given an opportunity where Michael will be FORCED to explain what happened in the water works. That is perhaps the most ANNOYING secret in this whole story. Michael disappears, comes back with a broken arm and basically shrugs it off and calls it "horrific" in the same line. Then this zombie called "Randy!" shows up and we have NO CLUE who he is. This show is so addicting that it's annoying lol.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I know I am speaking up almost a month after the last post here about htis and a few episodes further along as well, but here it goes. I can understand the frustration of a very good story slowing down. But I have found this with Kc and this great story he has lured us into. When it slows down pay attention cause he is gonna fill you in on part of the story and may even add some new questions. But as always patience pays off and then we pick up great info in the story and see it take a leap into "HOLY SHIT" land. Keep it up I will take the slow and the fast paced.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast