User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

Disappointed so far..

First, let me start this off by saying that I absolutely love this podcast and I've been a fan from the beginning. Having said that though, I have to say that so far this season I've been disappointed. Maybe it's because I miss the old characters and STILL don't know this far into the season if any of my favorite missing characters made it or not.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

It's part of building tension. It's also a part of life to when you think about those people who just vanish from your life and you never know what's happened to them. I agree with you for the most part though. I'd like some closure.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Scavenger"

Status
    I would like both closure and action... Honestly we have seen a limited amount of zombies this season... I'm not even sure that we have seen any special ones... I'm not complaining and I'm sure it's building to a climax but it just seems like the podcast is slowing down... I mean the most action I can think of is the scuba tank clip... Don't get me wrong, mondays are now my favorite day, but i do agree with you guys

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyoyo15 View Post
    I would like both closure and action... Honestly we have seen a limited amount of zombies this season... I'm not even sure that we have seen any special ones... I'm not complaining and I'm sure it's building to a climax but it just seems like the podcast is slowing down... I mean the most action I can think of is the scuba tank clip... Don't get me wrong, mondays are now my favorite day, but i do agree with you guys
    Sure we did when we relived the attack on the other tower. We got interaction and new insight into the depths of intelligence and planning of TOWTM. Sure it happened as a flashback, but it was new to us.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Sadly things can't stay the same. If it did others would be on here saying the plotline had gone stale. Can't please 'em all.
    I wasnt happy with Walking Dead this season until later episodes began to reveal things and show why the buildup was so slow.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mem View Post
    Sadly things can't stay the same. If it did others would be on here saying the plotline had gone stale. Can't please 'em all.
    I wasnt happy with Walking Dead this season until later episodes began to reveal things and show why the buildup was so slow.
    Nor can I say it either, Kc has never done anything with this story that wasn't explained at some time in his own time to do it. I'm happy to wait to find out what happened to Angel and Burt I'm happy with the pace as well.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Is anyone else frustrated or not liking the direction the show has taken?

Our dear friend Michael Swan says it at the start of every episode. "We're Alive: A Story of Survival." Does it seem like the survival part has been waning this season?

Michael and company got to Fort Irwin and it was still up and running and according to them, the only military base left. Now we find out there is 150k people at Boulder, Colorado just living in a Safe Zone. Survival doesn't seem as much of a struggle for the majority of our group anymore. Granted this can change incredibly fast, I remember reading last year how everyone, myself included, thought that the rest of Season 2 would finish out with Michael, Pegs and Kelly trying to figure out how to escape the Colony. Then all in one episode, they broke out and drove all the way back home to the Tower.

But for me, so much of what I loved about We're Alive is seeing how our characters struggled to survive in LA and them trying to find out more about the zombies. Now 3 characters are at Ft. Irwin with no signs of leaving soon and plenty of food and ammo and 4 characters are going to be living in Boulder, almost 900 miles away. The part of the story I care much more about is Saul and Victor because they are still in LA trying to survive and learning more about the zombies.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

There are two other threads about this particular topic. I'm going to merge this with one of them now. Please look around before you post new threads. The thread I'm merging this with was 6 posts below.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

There are a lot of events that seem to be sped up, glossed over, or totally dismissed out of hand, but it all seems to pull together in the end. If I was to sit down and keep a journal--much like the one that I currently keep--it would be filled with 'plot holes' and stuff that is mentioned so briefly that it seems to have no relevance at all to anything else, yet they are still important events. It's just the nature of the format, I suppose. Nobody keeps journals so accurate that they read like novels. That shit just don't happen, son.

I see your point though, and I agree with you, somewhat. There are things I wish were dealt with in more detail, but it's all working out really well, in my humbled opinion--which is worth about as much as a seven dollar bill. Just try and you know... lay back... enjoy the ride for what it is. A great, free story that is still entertaining, even at it's most boring moments.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    There are two other threads about this particular topic. I'm going to merge this with one of them now. Please look around before you post new threads. The thread I'm merging this with was 6 posts below.
    I felt they were different enough to warrant different threads. This topic was talking about characters, I was talking about the direction the show is taking.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast