User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Haze

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    There was an interesting comment in one of the other threads (sorry, couldn't find it to give proper credit) that the zombies might be compelled to flee from haze, or things that look like haze. For evidence he cited the fact that the zombies left the area of the Tower when it collapsed in a cloud of dust, leaving the dead bodies behind. I wonder if the smoke from the fire during The War might have contributed to the zombies departure at that time.

If the haze turns people into zombies it would make sense to imbed a command to make them move out of the area once they've turned. I'd love to see this theory tested. I wonder if Burt had any smoke grenades in his hidden store room?
    Zombie collectors would have taken the dead at ground zero like everywhere else but they were left behind. If they were all turned to zombies then the area would have no bodies. Also for zombies as a whole to fear the haze they might have all tried to go in to ground zero.

Just a theory, but everyone wants to know what is at ground zero, even Pinstripe. Maybe Pinstripe ordered zombies to go into ground zero but they died. Skittles mentioned to Angel and Kalani that he didn't think there were any more Jumper zombies around. Maybe Skittles saw the dead Jumpers around ground zero or saw Pinstripe ordering them leaping into ground zero and dieing.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    You're an overstatement!
    my dick is an overstatment!!!! wait... what? proly nsfw
    Last edited by reaper239; Apr 27th, 2012 at 07:32 AM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    my dick is an overstatment!!!! wait... what?
    O RLY *Le NSFW*
    joint-point-counter-joint

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I agree with Todd that we don't know if the Haze will kill zombies. Also, I am wondering if the bodies lying around are from people that died without actually being infected and then with the Haze covering them the zombies couldn't get them to carry away.

One other note, how close to the Haze were the closest reports the Tower gained from survivors? None of them seemed to mention the Haze that we know of. That may be because the Haze did affect everyone that it came in contact with it or maybe the Haze came later. It might have had a very contained area that infected the first few (if the Haze is part of the cause) and then slowly spread further. I can't remember, did Victor and Pegs remember seeing a Haze, or did any of the reports we heard from the other Tower mention it. Maybe the Haze is a 'new' thing.
    Last edited by cupcakezombie; Apr 18th, 2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    I agree with Todd that we don't know if the Haze will kill zombies. Also, I am wondering if the bodies lying around are from people that died without actually being infected and then with the Haze covering them the zombies couldn't get them to carry away.

One other note, how close to the Haze were the closest reports the Tower gained from survivors? None of them seemed to mention the Haze that we know of. That may be because the Haze did affect everyone that it came in contact with it or maybe the Haze came later. It might have had a very contained area that infected the first few (if the Haze is part of the cause) and then slowley spread further. I can't remember, did Victor and Saul remember seeing a Haze, or did any of the reports we heard from the other Tower mention it. Maybe the Haze is a 'new' thing.
    It's funny, but as I was reading this I started to ask myself the same question you finished with. Is this a new thing? Perhaps, there were zombies in and around Ground Zero for a time, but moved out when 'The Haze' began to take over the area.

The other questions I would have are:

• Is The Haze spreading beyond its current borders--as determined by Victor--or is it remaining localized?
    • If The Haze is relatively static, is it comprised of a living 'thinking' spore or other organism, rather than gas particles?
    • If The Haze is sentient (a 'thinking' organism) that would account for the hive mind behaviour displayed by the zombies.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I had a thought the other day. What if the haze, the cracks, and the zombies are separate events. That is, one kills the zombies (and everything else, people and plants), the other event makes zombies.

Something or someone causes the zombie outbreak to happen in Inglewood. Then another organization, CIA, FBI, or what ever, tries to stop it by creating the haze that kills everything. The only problem is the haze kill zone is not as wide as the zombie creation zone. This explains why bodies were left behind at ground zero and why zombies clear out when there is haze around. This also explains why CJ's scout changed into a zombie before going to far into the haze.

For sure, I believe the haze kills, or is a way to stop the zombies. Although I'm still not sure if the cracks are part of the haze or part of zombie creation.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    O RLY *Le NSFW*
    you know, come to think of it i prolly should put that in my post.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    I had a thought the other day. What if the haze, the cracks, and the zombies are separate events. That is, one kills the zombies (and everything else, people and plants), the other event makes zombies.

Something or someone causes the zombie outbreak to happen in Inglewood. Then another organization, CIA, FBI, or what ever, tries to stop it by creating the haze that kills everything. The only problem is the haze kill zone is not as wide as the zombie creation zone. This explains why bodies were left behind at ground zero and why zombies clear out when there is haze around. This also explains why CJ's scout changed into a zombie before going to far into the haze.

For sure, I believe the haze kills, or is a way to stop the zombies. Although I'm still not sure if the cracks are part of the haze or part of zombie creation.
    Perhaps the haze is simply nature's way of bringing back balance to the world.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    What if the haze, the cracks, and the zombies are separate events ... Something or someone causes the zombie outbreak to happen in Inglewood. Then another organization, CIA, FBI, or what ever, tries to stop it by creating the haze that kills everything.
    I was thinking along these lines as well. Back when Michael heard the explosions during class, my first thought was that some organization was trying to contain the event, although it proved to be ineffective. Since both the zombie outbreak and the containment effort would be centered around Ground Zero, it would be hard to tease apart the aftermath of the two.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    what is everyone going on about? they found crack in inglewood... not news.
    (ducks tomatos) i shall now take my leave (bows under tomatos)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast