User Tag List

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    "Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Everyone has been pointing to the explosion Michael heard in his classroom as possibly being the point at which the ground ruptured in Inglewood. It's possible but I do agree that there likely would have been early reports of earthquakes and what not, despite the fact that the bigger news of people acting batshit crazy was taking place. I can't overlook the fact that perhaps there were reports of earthquakes but we just didn't hear about them. As far as I know, earthquakes are pretty common place in L.A., right? So perhaps the survivors did experience earthquakes, but the more pressing matter of zombies has been occupying thier mind. It doesn't seem so unlikely that the minute more survivors learn about the cracks that people could start saying, "Yeah, come to think of it, I did feel tremors."

We DO HAVE ONE DOCUMENTED CASE FROM THE MAIN CHARACTER in episode 2-1, May 8th, the day of the outbreak. I documented it in the time line long ago. Michael take guard duty and puts his back to the door. He notes that he feels vibrations and dismisses them as distant explosions. It could have been more earthquakes, possibly on a more severe and news worthy level.

As to what caused them or what is in the Haze, I have no clue. I did like Triggernator's post but we also have to suspend a certain amount of disbelief. Although I think some research into the hardy bacteria that survive in harsh climates are worth reading into. There are some amazing things to be found in deep sea thermal vents, though I don't imagine any bacteria can thrive in magma. I really did put a lot of stock into the alien theory, especially with the groups of zombies acting in a military fashion, but it seems that is falling apart as a solid theory since there were no badass spaceships to be found at ground zero.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Supplier of pinstriped suits and tattoos to all the best dressed zombies

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    A couple questions for me from the episode:
    1) Were the cars set up as roadblocks to keep ppl out, or just left random/riot style?
    2) Saul asks Victor twice if he's doing ok, and tries to make Victor take the entire tank before they get to the car. Did he already know he's immune or is the point that he tells Victor that the air is good and it's not proof that it's a surprise to him?
    3) Will Saul's knee scrape be more proof of his immunity? If it's an open wound, is that a route to infection?
    4) If the crack is big enough that foundations and houses are falling in, why is he taking dollar bill wide - 6" pic's?
    5) Victor has a history of seeing sewer and gas lines? Was he more than an insurance salesman?

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    Also we haven't discussed the dying trees.
    Whatever it is would take a while to kill trees as they process things a lot slower than animals. But that does mean that whatever the mist is, has been very consistant for the length of the outbreak. I wonder if it is just from the air or soil or both.
    Zombie Trees! - Cue the Whomping Willows and Treebeards!

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    We DO HAVE ONE DOCUMENTED CASE FROM THE MAIN CHARACTER in episode 2-1, May 8th, the day of the outbreak. I documented it in the time line long ago. Michael take guard duty and puts his back to the door. He notes that he feels vibrations and dismisses them as distant explosions. It could have been more earthquakes, possibly on a more severe and news worthy level.

I really did put a lot of stock into the alien theory, especially with the groups of zombies acting in a military fashion, but it seems that is falling apart as a solid theory since there were no badass spaceships to be found at ground zero.
    Oh Yeah, I forgot about those vibrations.... but they could very well be the explosions caused by fires in Inglewood

Don't give up on the alien theory yet! The spaceships might have burnt, or what if they weren't spaceships put man-made toxic-gas bombs? Alien or not, an absence of spaceships or whatever does not mean there weren't any.

Going back to my impact-cracks theory:
    1. Cracks run only locally (Inglewood is not that big), an earthquake would cause larger cracks and buildings would collapse, not burn.
    2. Michael and other survivors must have felt the ground shaking. - But they did not
    3. None of the news teams reported the ground shaking, which would be their reason to go to Inglewood.
    4. Buildings were burnt, my guess is that whatever landed also burned with the rest.
    5. Also explaines the dead corpses, these were people who died during the impact/ crash, not by zombies.

AND ADDING TO THE LIST (forgot who mentioned it)
    6. The cracks get narrower towards the end, indicating a crash site

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Prince of Anime PSN ID: PrinceofAnime44 Steam ID: flame_alchemist44
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiesurvivor View Post
    The questions that pops into my head all the time is what is Tanya hiding under her bandage. Did she burn herself in surgery? Or is she hiding something else? What about Saul and his medicine? What is in his medicine?
    Maybe she was in Ingelwood when it happened? Or near it?

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Prince of Anime PSN ID: PrinceofAnime44 Steam ID: flame_alchemist44
    I don't know if this has been said before, but has anyone thrown out the possibility of an Umbrella style cause? World organization begins developing a biological weapon around the world, another organization finds out, sets out to destroy organization #1 and inadvertently sets off the zombie apocalypse.

"Lurker"

Status
    Adventureless Hero just pointed me to a huge hole in my theory... They did not see any craters....
    If the cracks were caused by an impact, there must be a crater.
    Did Saul and Vicky just miss it?? Mmmm not so sure...

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    Adventureless Hero just pointed me to a huge hole in my theory... They did not see any craters....
    If the cracks were caused by an impact, there must be a crater.
    Did Saul and Vicky just miss it?? Mmmm not so sure...
    Yeah...it kind of shoots it down. I'm sorry about that, especially since you encouraged me to keep the faith in my alien theory.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I believe that we just may be over thinking things a bit. That is, putting more thought into the plausibility of things happening than the writer did when writing the story. In the real world some of our theories might not pan out due to limitations of physics and biology but this is a work of fiction. Although KC has, thus far, woven a masterful tale it is still possible that not everything would happen in the story as it would in reality.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Just wondering, Could Tanya be lying about the slow turner? Out all of the event we noticed the zombis turn quickly but we only have Tanya's account of slow turner. She seem to be hold back a lot of secrets.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Only Cracks, No Craters
    Listen to it again, folks...
    Victor says at 10:28, "This is as wide as it gets here. The rest gets smaller."
    And at 10:45, "It's about as wide as a dollar. What's that... six inches?"
    And at 10:51, "And it goes deep."

So that means
    NO CRATERS
    NO SURFACE EXPLOSIONS WITH DEBRIS FLYING EVERYWHERE
    NO UFO CRASH OR ANY OTHER IMPACT CRASH

The only way it could be a UFO crash would be if your hypothetical alien ship were as thin as a butter knife and happened to do an intergalactic pencil-dive into downtown Inglewood, USA. But even that would leave some dust and rubble debris around, so yeah... can we finally put the UFO theories to bed?

Or are you going to tell me next that the exhaust vents on the flying saucer must have vaporized the rubble when it landed?!??

On the Fire
    Doesn't mean that anything crashed. Hell, maybe some guy was ironing when he got chomped by a Zed-Head and accidentally burned his house and the whole block down when he went off hunting for more victims. Maybe someone's candle collection fell over. Maybe a guy was smoking in his hay-loft when his Zombinated wife came up to get a snack... Could have been anything that caused the fire. There are probably dozens of fires that happen around a big city every day, and with no fire dept. on duty to take care of it, it's no wonder a whole block burned to the ground.

Boy, I haven't had this much talk about cracks since the plumber last came to visit [cue rimshot!]

Ok, ok... I won't quit my day job.
    Todd, stop groaning!
    And Nik, quit rolling your eyes!
    Last edited by Litmaster; Apr 17th, 2012 at 10:20 AM.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast