User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WND episode 31

"Hoarder"

Status

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    wasnt the aftermath though..still was action going on upstairs, hence cj saying she "waited three hours after the last gunshot"...meh...much ado about nothing i suppose.

and the hat isnt socially acceptable, plus tinfoil hat+metal plate in head= strange ability to pull radio staions from portugal inside my scull...i dont speak portugese.
    To be fair... He's Paul. He would have been stalking them for days, know who the leader is, and want them to be dead. If the other Zombies know to avoid bullets and he can speak English, We can assume that he has slightly more intelligence. So It's not too far to presume that Paul knows some kind of stategic planning. Atleast tactics.
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    kinda what im saying, specifically leaving her just strikes me as..... odd thats all
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    reason for the ending feeling odd huh? how bout....

kalani was conscious enough to know datu was there..to hear him talk of the other tower (ours)
    it felt similar to me..like the tail end of a dream just before you wake up
    KC managed to give us the entire kalani backstory..full of detail, full of emotion, full of many answers...AND STILL NOT CONFIRM KALANI AS THE RAT! *shakes fist*
    ok...im better now..was pretty friggin genius i must say. answer a ton of questions..except the one thats staring you in the face..brilliant
    Very good point! In my innocent and trusting way I'd assumed this chapter confirmed Kalani as the rat to our tower but all that has actually been confirmed is that he is the rat to the PP tower. I too had a weird feeling at the end of the final episode of this chapter and I think it was linked to that - I was making the assumption that Kalani's back story was complete but we'd hear a regurgitation of what we knew already (the time between the the arena and the destruction of our tower) at some point in the future. In retrospect that's a massive assumption.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Yup..we got what we needed to hear. Nothing more...brilliant on so many different levels

A lot of comparison has been made recently to lost..im as guilty of that as anyone..but I think if you break the storytelling down to character development, a lot of comparison could be made to shows like breaking bad...or (in kalanis case) the shield..in the shield you had a character that right from the get go you were made to despise...and the rest of the series brought you around to sympathize and understand him..its a brilliant bit of writing..and one that quite fits here as well..
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Mar 22nd, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

WND #31 is recorded. Thanks for your input! You can now use this thread to comment on the podcast when it gets released.

Be on the look out for a new manner in which to call the forum's most popular character named after a candy....
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    I still need to listen to 30....
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

When Brittany did the "RANDY!" I felt she was impersonating a certain Canadian...

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Thanks for almost crediting me on the zombie stomping/clapping Nik :P

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shananala8 View Post
    Thanks for almost crediting me on the zombie stomping/clapping Nik :P
    Hey, look on the bright side....I didn't just steal the credit!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I was told by user GutsyCoyote on Saturday that Nik totally bitch slapped my theory about some zombies possibly having lingering emotions. Today, I got to hear that.

My buddy made it sound worse than it was. I agree that Tommy didn't show an ounce of hesitation in attacking the group and even displayed some idea of self preservation, but I still think we have yet to see an example in the story where a zombie with higher brain function might have a second thought about attacking a loved one. Tommy only had one blood relative there; his aunt, and even then she was pretty much a bitch with him. But yeah, I don't think we'll ever see this idea explored in the story and it's probably best to throw it either in the crack pot pile or consider it useless.

I recently saw League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but I think as a movie it sucks and made a handful of my favorite literary characters two dimensional. In my mind the behemoths are represented by the image of Tanks and/or Chargers from Left-4-Dead 1 & 2.

I could have sworn I made a casual comment about the background applauding/stomping when the one with Markings was tearing up Samantha, but maybe I just thought on it and never actually posted. Oh well.

Good episode. This one seemed like it didn't have a whole lot of meat and girth but I attribute that to the episode you were covering; it kind of took a step back from revealing a whole shit load that we had been questioning and put the breaks on just a scoach.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast