User Tag List

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Minimalist

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: abayarts Wii Code: abayarts
    Damn. If Chapter 27 part 1 was a Dubstep mix, the story with Kalani is where it drops and the ending is all "wub wub" mix..
    Really enjoyed the writing in this episode.

Sorry, been watching the Boarderland 2 trailer too many times on my Roku.
    Follow me on twitter @ abayarts and on Tumblr at abayarts.tumblr.com

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: SerenityKry PSN ID: SerenityKry
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    VidjaGamez summed up my thoughts rather well, with the exception being at the end there. I'm am not at all inclined to believe Kalani is still alive, however, Scratch may have collected his body just to be a bastard, thinking she can return it to Michael the way John's body was returned to her.

But yes, I agree with VidjaGamez and most of what Nik is theorizing; Kalani may have contacted the Mallers when arriving at Michael's Tower, then realized that he could possibly use his new allies to take out the Mallers completely. I am assuming he fired the shot that jump started the inevitable war.

My biggest questions center around Hannah and her current state.
    I've never pondered too much on Hannah, and I should. I'm just safely assuming that she was the girl killed when they were trying to make the switch. After realizing this he "made things right" and wrecked the helicopter in order to attempt saving everyone in the tower.

And I know! I know! Kalani still being alive is a reach, I really could care less after we learn everything that episode 27 has to offer. But man would that be interesting. But you're right, I highly doubt the Mallers have the medical personnel needed in order to stabilize and care for a man who has just wrecked a helicopter.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Total random little tidbit, but I have an ear for voices and I am pretty sure I heard Hope's voice as they were escaping the plane, do I think that Hope (and by association Samantha) was on the plane w/ them. NOPE, but it's a random tidbit.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    Total random little tidbit, but I have an ear for voices and I am pretty sure I heard Hope's voice as they were escaping the plane...
    The actress who plays Hannah sounds an awful lot like Hope. Maybe the same performer is doing double duty.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    So totally random thought, Michael is typically a bit backwards when it comes to dealing with pegs. But the way he wanted to be left alone playing the guitar kind of gave me an idea, perhaps someone he actually lost is who taught him...like his father or something. Its a small detail, but it could lead to something.

also something of note. It sounds like the other tower gave kalani the same treatment that our tower gave to pippin.(gawd that dudes a scumbag!) could be a good explanation as to why skittles recognised him but not vice versa
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Mar 7th, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Kalani

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    My thought is that they knew that Kalani was in the Tower. They had contact with someone because Scratch mentioned that the other person they had in there hadn't been in contact for a while (When talking to Tardust at the end of last season). I am thinking that Kalani was on their side for a while but when they turned and they stopped hearing from him they sent Hannah to the golf course as a kind of 'f%#k you to Kalani. If you don't want to play our game we will just kill your girl. Remember they had no idea the extent to which Kalani had turned (if he was the rat, which I firmly believe he played some part in), or how much he had spilled to the Tower. So as far as they were concerned he was gone, and what a way to let him know.
    Kalani wasted NO time at all getting in contact with prisoners. He had been in the Arena with no contact w prisoners for 20+ days(prolly some type of shock as he would be lucid for awhile and then out like a light) He had been at our tower for what ONE day before they were attacked? He was prolly desperate to know that Hannah was alive since he supposedly failed at 1st tower. Kalani was all for the party that lead to War and definitely knew their supplies had been stolen..no where to be seen in the War chapters. I think he took the shot at Mallers when Duria was considering 'being reasonable' I am still making the call he was referred to as 'Poncho' by the prisoners. While on way to golf course he was prolly in touch with them too. Scratch was pretty confident Pegs was in tower and not at golf course...Kalani was prolly hoping trade could be made for Hannah since he knew they were not about to trade out Lizzy.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    lol...I thought the exact same thing...but I dont think it is same person. KC doesnt seem like he would take short cuts. If you look at some of his behind the scenes vids he takes NO shortcuts even when he easily could.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    The sunroof was a nod to you!!!!! @Adventureless_Hero

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    It's a good time to be a Kalani fan. Who knew he would be so pivotal?

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Still relistening to some old chapters and when you know what we know now, it makes all the Kalani moments all the more intriguing. For instance, I noticed in 15-1 when he comes to the meeting with Burt, he is discussing options for a new location. He says, "...but I was thinking somewhere further to the East might be a bit better..."

He would suggest going East when he knows full well the Mallers are lurking about to the West.

[EDIT/ADDITION]

I'm also coming closer to the conclusion that Hannah is dead. She may have died as early as Kalani's departure from the Mallers, but more likely around the time of The War. I say this because Kalani is very adament about getting the hell out of there. He even mentions the flying option. I very much doubt it that he would be willing to leave everything behind if he knew his daughter were still alive.

[2nd EDIT/ADDITION]

In 16-2 Kalani mentions to Angel that they can use Latch's body as a bargaining chip. After Angel ignores him and reveals the location of Latch's body, Kalani says, "C'mon! Are you ever going to listen to anything I have to say?! You think they wouldn't hold something like this over your head? You better believe they would!" The tone of his voice even suggested that he speaks from personal experience.
    Last edited by Adventureless_Hero; Mar 7th, 2012 at 08:47 AM.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast