User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    CP, you and others doing the name thing. Before 7odd beats me to it...

Change the spellng a bit we could get Jin Wei Which could be translated into Towering Ferry Boat.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post

Change the spellng a bit we could get Jin Wei Which could be translated into Towering Ferry Boat.
    **imagining a TOWERING ferry boat**
    SKITTLES?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post

heh...i totally forgot to do my research, sir! good thing ive been having trouble sleeping this week

yea. patch is correct, chinwe is a name of nigerian origin meaning "god owns" and heres a fun little site i found during my search

http://www.kabalarians.com/Female/chinwe.htm

some interesting "correct the dots" type material there. but im quite sure its largely nonsense. but back to the subject at hand....so we have a character who is described as asian, yet has a nigerian name? something is not quite adding up here...more information needed before i beat this into the ground

some interesting tidbits as of now could be the connection between the characters and their names so far. mainly the way so many names have either some type of pseudo-religious meaning..or imply a born leader by namesake alone. i know, most any name can devolve into one or the other of these traits,but ...ill admit i do often wonder just how much forethought KC actually did put into the names he chose for the characters. thats one thing i will for sure be asking about when this is all over with.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    some interesting tidbits as of now could be the connection between the characters and their names so far. mainly the way so many names have either some type of pseudo-religious meaning..or imply a born leader by namesake alone. i know, most any name can devolve into one or the other of these traits,but ...ill admit i do often wonder just how much forethought KC actually did put into the names he chose for the characters. thats one thing i will for sure be asking about when this is all over with.
    Well, it IS an apocalypse!
    SKITTLES?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Last Summer, on the "If you could add one new character" thread, I proposed adding, "A lone surviving correctional officer from Eastern Bay. He could have been gathering intel on the Mallers all this time, with a goal of recapturing the inmates, or rescuing some of the Maller's slaves." Now we have Chinwe, who we're speculating may have been a correctional officer, and who has been gathering intel on the Mallers. Coincidence...?

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    She doesn't seem to interested in freeing the slaves, but yeah, that sounds like she fills the part. Glad someone will finally have some info...

I figure they will all meet up again at ground zero.
    SKITTLES?

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    She doesn't seem to interested in freeing the slaves, but yeah, that sounds like she fills the part. Glad someone will finally have some info...

I figure they will all meet up again at ground zero.
    I don't know if they'll all meet up there, but I definitely think that Chinwe has some serious intel concerning ground zero... that was were her boys were heading when they got ambushed, right? (assuming, yes, that she is of the other tower, etc)

I'm guessing that she--or someone in her group--had some great theories concerning how the whole apocalypse got started, and perhaps started on some inroads into researching a 'cure', or at least more answers. Didn't Samantha tell Datu that her group had figured out the zombie-smell thing within the first week? If they were that far ahead of our guys, then in the couple of months before they got hit, they must have come up with some juicy information about ground zero and the nature of the zombie disease in general.

I'm sure Chinwei has some fat folder in her little safe labelled GROUND ZERO or something. My little predictive money is still on it being a mutant-rabies thing, and that Tanya is going to be instrumental in coming up with a cure, given that she is a vet, after all...

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by litmaster View Post
    My little predictive money is still on it being a mutant-rabies thing, and that Tanya is going to be instrumental in coming up with a cure, given that she is a vet, after all...
    Rabies doesn't fit the bill in terms of the body mutations--although, it could be a part of the puzzle. Given that this is way beyond what science can do now, it's either an evil genius (an antichrist figure) trying to create a "perfect society" or aliens. I wonder if I'll call bs on the reason behind it all if we get a glimpse of the science. Assuming we get a glimpse.
    SKITTLES?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    i have a feeling your both just on the cusp of being right. and i do agree that the file chinwe(CJ) has on ground zero would be a seriously awesome thing to hear about. we need to bring that damn ground zero thread back frome the grave, my brain is a churnin now! but yea, cj is all, like, cool...and stuff...
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12