User Tag List

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    "Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i highly doubt a sgt would unless they had some kind of disciplinary dealings. more likely if michael knew it's because they were sitting around talking one day about the past and it came up. not sure about angel

"Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

I don't think Micheal knew about Saul's past and going to prison. In the first episode Michael recaps Saul saying "he said the California girls were calling to him" making me think he didn't know about Saul actually being from California. There was also a comment about Michael would have crossed the room to avoid running into Micheal and Angel at a bar before the outbreak.
    The scene when Saul is telling Burt and Lizzie about his doing time in prison and Burt laughing was when Lizzie saw the Fed prison and she asked if that was where Saul was. Burt was pretty dismissive of Saul in the beginning and I think he was more laughing like "him? That is where they send the worst of the worst" type thing

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Raven, I think there is another example. Maybe in about last night. I will have to double check, I think Tanya says I raised you better than that. Michael is clueless and Burt laughs. But, my recall is not what it once was.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Ahhh, copy that!

Did anyone else notice that Saul aka KC finally said which post he was based at? KC danced around it for a season and a half (we thought Ft Drum since it's where 10th Mtn is). Ft Bell... I'm searching for that.

I would've sworn Saul said he was at Drum somewhere at the beginning of the series. 10th Mountain is at two places: Fort Drum and Fort Polk, but that place in Louisiana only has a brigade from 10th Mountain.
    Were you thinking of Fort Belvoir?
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Scavenger"

Status
    a few thoughts:

MSO - if Saul is a 11Bravo is Michael also the same MSO? he doesn't appear senior or qualified enough to be something military intelligence (as mentioned in Chapter 1) like a 35Xray - but the 223rd is a Military Intelligence Battalion (Linguist) afterall

Chinwe - not sure she is military; has knowledge of M16A2's and anti-personnel mines, where does one get this kit from? i don't think she is alone either (Sean hiding out with her maybe?) but she is defo a bit paranoid, why store comprehensive intel on the mallers in a safe in a secured apartment block in a deserted city? a police detective maybe? i like the prison officer idea though, she didn't question the mention that the mallers were prisoners plus why did they have to keep their voices down when leavin their truck for chinwe's place?

Fort Irwin - wonder if it has been attacked previously, mmm googles average walking speed of a zombie and distance between barstow and fort irwin - it can be covered in less than 20 hours solid march - just the barracks are surrounded with texas barriers? tb's are reinforced concrete and can be a couple of metres tall, but that wouldn't stop an organised zombie attack, i'm guessin that fort irwin is also surrounded by mines and claymores

roll on the 5th!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Wow! that was a lot of questions about the military. Let me start with Arthur's question about Personnel Files: They only deal with a person's military career. Anything prior to enlistment/commission isn't/won't be known.

Hellbringer: A few of us Military cats went around and around about where Saul transferred from. KC come on and basically said that He's never said Saul was "10th" Mtn... just Mtn. So, he's taking liberties with the Division. Creative license and all that jive.
    In the part where Chinwe asks him to prove he's military. Chp 26 ep 3/3: Time hack @6:39 "Saul Tink. 11B based out of Bell." Is that Ft. Belvoir?? I dunno. I'm and USAF dude and not hip.

Blood&Ice Cream..
    Not to sound like a dick, but being Jr. enlisted doesn't mean anything when it comes to MOS/AFSC's. If you're qualified, you're qualified. You have E2's doing target acquisitions downrange.
    I'm not Army smart (heheh.. sorry.. interservice joke was bubbling up) but Mike and Saul can have different MOS and serve in the same Battalion. Come to think of it, Mike has never said what his MOS actually is.

"Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

I was thinking Bell was Bel Air....shows what I know

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    the only base with bell i know of is belvoir. mike was sauls squad leader right? and angel was their platoon leader right? (not 100% sure just throwing ideas) if they are in the same platoon, and squad and whatnot, wouldn't their MOS be in the same series? or... idk. i do know that michael said he was in military intelligence, but has he switched units since he was MI or is he in the same unit. it didn't seem like he was a technician, and when he talked about his time in the sandbox, it sounded like he was behind the wire so my best guess would be in the 96 series. 97s look like field work, and 98s are largely linguistic, so i say 96.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    I would've sworn Saul said he was at Drum somewhere at the beginning of the series. 10th Mountain is at two places: Fort Drum and Fort Polk, but that place in Louisiana only has a brigade from 10th Mountain.
    Were you thinking of Fort Belvoir?
    Yes, In part 2 of about last night, Tanya says he moved to NY, Saul affirms and says Fort Drum. This is also the scene that I referenced above. Tanya says I raised you better than that. Michael asks what are they talking about. Burt says he does not know. Relistening to it last night, Laugh is too strong a word. More like a slight chuckle, but I can definately here the smile in his voice.

In Chapter 1, Michael says Mountain Division. Later (as described above) Saul says he moved to Fort Drum. So it is pretty safe to assume the 10th
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Mar 2nd, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Wow! that was a lot of questions about the military. Let me start with Arthur's question about Personnel Files: They only deal with a person's military career. Anything prior to enlistment/commission isn't/won't be known.

Hellbringer: A few of us Military cats went around and around about where Saul transferred from. KC come on and basically said that He's never said Saul was "10th" Mtn... just Mtn. So, he's taking liberties with the Division. Creative license and all that jive.
    In the part where Chinwe asks him to prove he's military. Chp 26 ep 3/3: Time hack @6:39 "Saul Tink. 11B based out of Bell." Is that Ft. Belvoir?? I dunno. I'm and USAF dude and not hip.

Blood&Ice Cream..
    Not to sound like a dick, but being Jr. enlisted doesn't mean anything when it comes to MOS/AFSC's. If you're qualified, you're qualified. You have E2's doing target acquisitions downrange.
    I'm not Army smart (heheh.. sorry.. interservice joke was bubbling up) but Mike and Saul can have different MOS and serve in the same Battalion. Come to think of it, Mike has never said what his MOS actually is.
    Isn't the subsection with of LA where Saul, Michael and Angel report in chapter 1 called Bell?

I think when the three of them are plotting times of outbreak one of the note books says, Bell, 11:00. There is laughter and something like well, we knew about that.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast