User Tag List

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Pin Durai knows more.... PreOutbreak info?

In season one, Scratch makes what would seem to be a throwaway line to Latch regarding the Tankers. I think I remeber her saying that Durai has plans for all of them. In the context of season 1 it would just appear to be another resource. But, late in Season 2 we learn that Durai's plan was to use the tankers as a daisy chain firebomb to destroy the zombie clubhouse.

Maybe they are not linked. But if they are not, wow. It is always possible that he was somehow in the know. Since the outbreak is not limited to LA, it is more likely a conspiracy than an accident. Yea, we know that Durai has exceptional organizational skills, but to have figured out that the zombies rave at the arena and to have plans in place to burn it down a few days into the outbreak seems to go too far to be coinicident.

But an argument against this is the large amount of time between the start of season 1 and the end of season 2.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I'd also wager on the fact the mallers explored LA on a grand scale. They might have originally been looking for a place to live and thought the arena would be perfect. Then they discover its a zombie playpen.

I also think at the point we meet Latch and Scratch its been much longer than a few days. Michael slept through the first few days after Lizzy arrived.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Lets see what I remember. Outbreak Wed. Micahel sleeps to Friday. Friday supper. Angel plans to leave Micahel at the tower (Michael thinks something like whatever happened at dinner sure got Angel in motion) and scavenge with Saul on Saturday and leaves Sunday and finds Burt. It certainly is not weeks before Saul, Burt and Lizzy head to get fuel. Lady had not run out of water and Lizzy was unsure of Saul's name.

We have a long break and then the Water / Arena / Party / War takes place over a few days.

Later, leave Tower to scout south, Colony, Lizzy, helicopters, RPGs, tower collapse and get to the chopper (in my aweful German accent) All happen over another short amount of time.

It seems we experience the most eventful three weeks of the Tower.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

There are obviously problems no matter when we're trying to figure out what date something is happening except the very beginning of the series, July 4th, and the end of chapter 24 (August 2 because Kc told us). The unofficial timeline created by th3_t3ch has the long break coming before the Pumping station mission. But at the same time it seems like the mound of bodies that was supposed to be burned after chapter 3 got sidetracked by the fact that the power went out etc etc.

Somehow, we get to July 4 for Chapter 12. There is a break in there somewhere but it doesn't seem like there's one written in. It seems like the most logical place for the break to go is from the formulation of the Sweat experiments and the actual experiment because you'd need to take a while to actually collect that much sweat. But it's not indicated that way in the production so..........*shrug* I got nothin'.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Doh, I screwed up. It starts in May. Not October. So, there is, ah, um, excuse the pun, dead air between episodes

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I have also toyed with the idea that Durai knows more pre-outbreak information, with a possible connection to Bill Roberts (AKA "Ink").

It is interesting to note that "Ink" was being transfered to a Mental Health Facility and, although I have seen a lot of focus on the hospital where he was being transferred to, we might want to look at where he was being transferred from. Based on the severity of his crimes he would most likely have been held at Eastern Bay Prison, where we know Durai was located.

If Bill Roberts is connected to the LA outbreak and it is conspiracy related, there was definitely potential for some exchange of information beforehand.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

hmm... I am from a small town so we have a jail for trial and only after sentencing to prison. LA may be different.
    Burt calls it "Federal" I would think he would be state prison not Federal.

Just as a geeewiiiizzzzz, When Lizzy asks if Saul went to Eastern Bay, (and we are back to Burt lol) says it is Federal and Saul would not be sent there

That may be true or not. I do not know. But I know Saul did not deny it.

In Chapter 1, Angel brings up the idea of prison and that he could hang out in a cell. He also notes "And I know you could to". He has to be speaking to Michael or Saul. So, does Angel know that Saul went to prison. Are the waivers held in a personal file? Would Angel have access to it? Saul says he never told Michael. If Saul did not tell Michael with the time they have spent together (including simultaneous tours overseas) I do not think Saul would tell Angel.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I have to confess, my knowledge of the Prison/Court system is a little lacking. I just recall Burt saying the worst of the worst are sent to Eastern Bay and I assumed that would mean serial killers.

I have also wondered if Saul was telling the whole truth, but I'm hesitant to go down that path. I guess I'm a little fearful of where it might reveal about his character.

Also I was amazed at how fast the Mallers raided everything. This includes Burt's shop which was on the complete other side of the map. To me this suggests a pre-formed plan of what places to hit.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I think what Angel was implying with the jail cell living has more to military living conditions than implying all three of them served jail time.

Generally speaking, ink would have been housed in a prison during his trial unless there was a pretrial motion to have him moved. Once he was deemed legally insane (this did happen, right? He didn't get found guilty or am i making crap up again) he would then be transfered to the hospital.

"Lurker"

Status
    the hospital ink was sent to was general Caines or whatever hospital they go to.because remember that when they see ink in that hospital it was in the insane wing.