User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Wall of the Fallen ( a place to say good bye) take 2

As its thought that the chat ate the first wall I will again start off this post.

To Kalani,
    No matter what you died with honor. You will be missed.
    RIP
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    When I first brought up the idea that Lewis was left locked in his room when the Tower collapsed, I meant it jokingly. But as I repeat the idea on various threads, I increasingly find myself wanting to eulogize him.

Lewis wasn’t anyone special. He wasn’t one of our major characters. He was, quite literally, a voiceless Tower resident who ended up the victim of a cruel, cruel, world. Lewis never got to tell his story of survival. We never got to know his thought and feelings on the madness surrounding him. We never learned about his hopes and fears. All we know is that he was a nerdy gamer who did his part to help the Tower function. He was set up as a patsy to lure out Pippin’s killer because he was filling the generator when the murder occurred and thus lacked an alibi. He apparently willingly accepted his role as a patsy in hopes of finding the killer. What that tells me is he was a guy willing to do his part to help the Tower even if that meant letting everyone think he was a killer and possibly a traitor. That dedication was left unrecognized though. Instead he was left, forgotten, in his “cell” when the “world” came crumbling down around him. So I say that we should honor Lewis by remembering him, and by extension all the nameless and voiceless Tower residents who died in the battle. They did their part to keep the Tower running when it stood, and that dedication should be remembered and honored.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Lurker"

Status
    Angel was one of the major characters and it is sad to hear that Angel died from the fall when he was on the top of tower when it started to colapse.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Steam ID: Laurasaur28
    RIP Angel.

Scratch shows her true nature more and more. I hope KC makes that b***h pay for it someday!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Wow...I agree with all here. I never even considered Lewis myself, but HardKor, you have honored him well.

I find it the hardest to say goodbye to rich characters, like Kalani and Angel. When I first began to listen, Angel didn't really make an impression on me, but over time his character grew on me...particularly when he and Riley risk it all to save first Datu and then Kalani from the arena.

Kalani, his character automatically struck me as interesting. Once he told his story (pre-reveal) my interest in him deepened. There were a few things that I noticed about his character that struck me...and I ended up liking his character as well. I cried when he blew himself up...heartsick because not only did he think that his daughter was dead, but that she was dead even though he did a terrible thing by tipping off the Mallers and causing the deaths of innocent people, and it was all for nothing in the end. His reason for living was gone.

I think what he was really saying "I'm sorry" about right before he crashes was that he was sorry that he betrayed them to the Mallers...I truly believe that's what he was really aplogizing to Angel for, not just the flat tire.

I also believe that the title "We're Alive" carries a much deeper meaning than just the obvious. Even the dead and gone are still carried in the hearts and minds of the characters who are still alive, but the fact that they lived and told even just a part of their stories creates an impact on us the listeners, and the rest of the cast who survives them.

It also breaks my heart to think that no one will play "Taps" for Angel...

Oh, now I'm weepy again...
    Likes Alizée liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

A candle in the window for Angel and Ra1th.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    My heart goes out to Samantha when she died and Datu had almost no reason to live after she died even when Hope came back really all Hope is to Datu is an extension to Samantha which is something to feel for him so for Samantha WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE NO YOU WERE DATU'S NEW LOVE

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan

Zombie Icon Those who have fallen.....

So already the new season has begun and one of the older characters has already bit the dust.

Lets pay "fromage" to those who will/may meet their inevitable ends in this season

1. Amy : yup she may have deserved to be one of those who had their come-uppance for locking Pegs up in that room and siding with Gate-Keeper.. but you cant help but feel sorry for her painful and sticky end.
    Likes HardKor liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: OldtypeM87
    nah, she kinda deserved it
    If the zombie invasion happens, the first place I'm going to is Taco Bell for some chalupas. It's the last place anyone would go to.

"Lurker"

Status
    Agreed that Amy deserved it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast