User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling View Post
    Oh, Ms. I'm-so-sure-pants, aren't you confident? Let me clarify. I don't think the baby will come out biting and scratching, but I think it may have the infection coupled with the immunity. This theory based off a lot of assumptions though, so I think it unlikely still. So bing-bang-boom, you've just been theorized Creemy style.
    You can't have an infection with an immunity. One negates the other.. IMMUNITY.. being immune not having it.. If she is pregnant I hope she is pregnant. We can be one with the theories hehehehe
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Maybe it will be a half-human, half-infected baby that when it bites a zombie then either turn back into humans or die. So the baby is like the cure

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Michael Is Saul immune to the zombie infection?

I recently finished my second listen of WA, and I came up with this theory. Is there a possibility of Saul being immune to the infection? This might have happened through an injection, etc. he recieved in the Army. Here are my reasons: In the first chapter, when he disobeys Michel by taking the knife with him, that scene was stressed WAYYYY to strongly for it not to matter. Also, when Saul was trapped inside the crushed car, it seems likely he would have been somehow bitten. What is your opinion on this? This is my first post so tips are appreciated.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

One tip is to look back through the pages to see if a topic is already covered by a thread. That's why we broke the theories section down into groups so the searching would be easier on everyone instead of 13 pages worth of theories.

I think the knife example was to demonstrate the fear of the unknown. No one knew anything about transmission other than it had to do with blood contact (per Riley's story on the ride to the tower). And with Saul having pieces of bottle removed from his back and driving around shirtless before encountering Latch/Scratch, I think he survived sans bite.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    One tip is to look back through the pages to see if a topic is already covered by a thread. That's why we broke the theories section down into groups so the searching would be easier on everyone instead of 13 pages worth of theories.

I think the knife example was to demonstrate the fear of the unknown. No one knew anything about transmission other than it had to do with blood contact (per Riley's story on the ride to the tower). And with Saul having pieces of bottle removed from his back and driving around shirtless before encountering Latch/Scratch, I think he survived sans bite.
    Thanks, I didn't see that. Do you see it being revealed that some people are immune to the infection?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kernelsploit View Post
    Thanks, I didn't see that. Do you see it being revealed that some people are immune to the infection?
    No worries. Happens all the time. (dirty secret: Happens to me too and I am the most pissy about double threads around here)

Possible. Not likely in my opinion but possible. There are those out there far more familiar with the entirety of Zombie canon.....has any zombie story revealed someone to be immune from a zombie bite/scratch? It could be interesting to go down that route, but it does provide a glimmer of hope which usually aren't supposed to rear their head in a zombie apocalypse story. There's supposed to be no chance of survival. That's what kicked so much ass about the original Night of the Living Dead ending.

"You survived your ordeal with the zombies what are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to Disney Wo*BAM!*"
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    An example I can think of is a movie called "the vanguard"....spoilers below
    The creator of the virus that turned the populous made his sons blood the anti virus, meaning...if he was bitten.. The biter would return to normal

That said, I don't believe it's the case here...luck? Yes. Immunity?....doubtful

"Scavenger"

Status
    i'm going with this theory:

Saul and Tanya do have a resistance to the infection, not a natural one but as i'm a believer that the infection is some kind of weaponized form of rabies (with one of the symptoms the production of large quantities of saliva) and tanya being vet, i'm guessing that she has received the rabies vaccine before Saul was born and this past exposure to this drug has aided resistance to the complete infection

"Lurker"

Status
    I think its time we got back to this thread, especially because of Tanya's reaction to going to the "weed" to be checked. Clearly she has something to hide (also shown in one of the previous chapters where she is wearing a coat "because shes cold" and refuses Michael's offer of a space heater) this means she's prolly bitten or has a suspicious injury of some sort.

Does anyone remember any other suspicious behavior from her? or when she could have been bitten? Could it have been way back when she was being dragged off by Randy? if so, the chance of her having an immunity is high IMO. If it was more recent than that, there is still the chance that she's immune but there's also the chance that she's just a slow turner.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfargtle View Post
    Could it have been way back when she was being dragged off by Randy? if so, the chance of her having an immunity is high IMO. If it was more recent than that, there is still the chance that she's immune but there's also the chance that she's just a slow turner.
    Something also to consider. What if it isn't immunity exactly, but just a resistance to being turned. Perhaps slow turners are just infected individuals with a higher resistance, so the infection takes longer to surface and take over.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast