User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    A lot of the time all that separates the business is a non-load bearing cinder block wall. Bricks and a sledge hammer could open each strip in less then a day.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Where do you get that information from?

And they took over a strip mall, meaning there isn't necessarily a food court there. Most strip malls have stores that are all connected on the outside, but there's no internal space/way to get from store to store.
    I pictured the strip mall like the one by me, where there is a parking lot in the middle and all the stores surround the parking lot, like its all outside and open besides a wall of stores. And yeah, there is no food court or any food place at this strip mall.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Where do you get that information from?

And they took over a strip mall, meaning there isn't necessarily a food court there. Most strip malls have stores that are all connected on the outside, but there's no internal space/way to get from store to store.
    20-3 Scratch says "... feed your ass to the sisters" and again in the same episode Tardust talks about Johny (A.K.A. Latch) getting burns on half his body and how he would "hate for him to miss out on meeting you".

That is two clear references to zombie-making by the mallers. Everybody ignored that on the forums because it's the same episode where Lizzy almost gets raped

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_T3ch View Post
    20-3 Scratch says "... feed your ass to the sisters" and again in the same episode Tardust talks about Johny (A.K.A. Latch) getting burns on half his body and how he would "hate for him to miss out on meeting you".

That is two clear references to zombie-making by the mallers. Everybody ignored that on the forums because it's the same episode where Lizzy almost gets raped
    We didn't ignore that. There were assumptions made about who the sisters were. They are in reference to "The Sisters" from Shawshank Redemption: aggressive rapists in the prison system. Kc confirmed this.

And he also confirmed that Johnny is not the same as Latch. Latch is dead. Johnny got messed up and disfigured in the war. But he is not a zombie. And the reason Johnny would hate missing Lizzy is its because of her and the tower that Johnny got messed up and it is implied he would like to extract a measure of revenge.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    The Colony is most likely not a factor in the raiding of LaLa Land. They are too far south, and they were staying close originally because that was an evac site for two or three days I believe. And during those two or three days they were under constant attack. So that burns their time raiding LA by being trapped by zombies hoping for a way out.

The Mallers may have taken care of a good many number of the areas near them and LAX. However, I don't think that every single solitary store that got raided in LA was at the hand of the Mallers. If nothing else, there has got to be way too many stores for the Mallers to take care of by themselves. 200 people or not, you aren't sending out all 200 mallers on scavenging missions at once, especially not if they have taken slaves that they have to keep track of.

If you fan it out from the mall, and take into account breaking them out would have taken at least half a day what's being said is the mallers made it around 25 miles and scavenged every single store in between the Mall and Locked and Loaded. That doesn't seem all that plausible to me. It's just way too much ground to cover. Even if you narrow the window to stores between the Tower and Locked and Loaded (the route that Angel and Saul took to find Burt) that's still a lot of ground to cover (traveling from the Mall to the Tower area, and then starting to scavenge seems....not right to me at all)

My guess, because I can't think of it happening in any other way, is Scratch is the one who jacked Burt's wall safe full of stuff before she got to Eastern Bay to break everyone out. All the damage had been done before Burt got there, so Scratch must live on the East side of the city to get to Locked and Loaded before Burt could, steal a bunch of stuff, and leave Burt to be trapped in the bathroom. As for the rest of the stores? Well, we've met/know of at least 4 sizable groups of survivors. How many more groups were out there that we don't know about?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NIK,
    You're shooting holes in my Mallers Raid Theory I see. I see what you're saying and yes, 200 plus folk couldn't possibly hit all the stores, but they could hit the largest ones if it was coordinated from the start, which I believe Durai was/is capable of doing.
    The only other bone I have with your comment is about Scratch hitting the safe. The only thing I see wrong with that is that she didn't have ammo for the weapon she took. IF, it were just her, then she would have picked a weapon that had ammo available.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Jun 28th, 2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NIK,
    You're shooting holes in my Mallers Raid Theory I see. I see what you're saying and yes, 200 plus folk couldn't possibly hit all the stores, but they could hit the largest ones if it was coordinated from the start, which I believe Durai was/is capable of doing.
    The only other bone I have with your comment is about Scratch hitting the safe. The only thing I see wrong with that is that she didn't have ammo for the weapon she took. IF, it were just her, then she would have picked a weapon that had ammo available.
    There was a lot of time that passed between outbreak, and fueling station. Perhaps a month or so. If Scratch did take stuff from Locked and Loaded when I think she did, she would have to fight through the whole city, whatever prison guards remained etc etc. And for a fire happy group of people, she may have simply run out of ammo by the time we meet them.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I think Scratch was at the Prison when stuff happened, but running out of ammo is a damn good angle! LOL

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Are you saying she was a "guest" there? Or she was there visiting? Because Kc said she wasn't incarcerated at the time of the outbreak.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    q: Anyone ever wonder how the maulers raided everything so quickly?

a: The Tardis

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Are you saying she was a "guest" there? Or she was there visiting? Because Kc said she wasn't incarcerated at the time of the outbreak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, my theory again in a nutshell:

Outbreak happens in the AM-Noonish. By the time Mike and crew leave the Armory the streets are already deserted. By the time they get to the apartment building, everyone has evacuated.

Outbreak kicks off during visiting hours at the prison. Scratch is there visiting latch. Now, this is a reason why there are other females with the mallers.
    Things get hectic, the guards and whatnot decide to hell with everyone and bail. Scratch decides to rescue all the prisoners.
    Durai takes charge because he's hip like that and starts organizing everyone. Teams for weapons, food and shelter are sent out!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast