User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Anyone ever wonder how the maulers raided everything so quickly?

I was just re-listening to the series from chapter 1, and I found it very odd how everything was already raided the first time Saul and Angel went out for supplies. I believe it was about 3 or 4 days since the outbreak that they went out. Even though that is a decent amount of time for anyone to raid something. It seems that the maulers were organized way earlier then the tower.

My second theory on this is when Saul and Angel found Burt, He said that his store had been raided before he even got there. And I'm guessing (knowing Burt) that his store is the first place he went to after the outbreak happened. So I'm guessing less then a day. And it is confirmed that the maulers were there because they had his weapons.

It might be nothing or I'm looking at it too much, but I think its odd that everything was raided so quickly. Especially because there had to be time between the outbreak and Scratch going to the prison to release every inmate. Some things just don't add up to me.

It could just be that everyone and there grandma raided everything the second the outbreak happened, but still iffy.

*On a side note, Was it stated yet who had Burt's combination to get into his safe that only he knew?

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    The mallers have numbers when the whole thing started, they probably had well over 100, prly 200. And they don't need organization to loot and raid stores. The moment they were free, they probably went wild and took everything they could get their hands on.

Burt's small safe was broken into by a safecracker, probably one of the mallers.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Alright, I figured as much, Was just a little tooken back by how quick it all went down

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I think there may be a couple of factors at work, with the Mallers just being one.

First, downtown LA isn't as full of stores as you might think. There are lots of little strip malls, convenience stores, bodegas and restaurants, but very few supermarkets or big-box stores. Those are out along the Freeways and off in the suburban neighborhoods. So that means that any large stores The Tower crew went to were prime targets for the Mallers, who may have had a day or two head start on their looting.

Second, we already know that zombies scavange for food in the stores. What if this just started earlier than we thought. The downtown LA streets were bare of survivors just a couple of hours after the start of the event. That means by the end of Day 1 there were a lot of zombies in that area, and very little in the way of a remaining food supply for them. If even a small percentage were "Smart Ones" and they started scavenging in the stores to eat, then they could have done a lot of the damage that was attributed to the Mallers.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I figure there is something much deeper than we have been told. But, I also accept creative license as the reason. The base got hit around 11:00.say they hangout there for two hours. In about 4hours pretty much all of LA is gone. They did not get out by plane train or automobile. Every freeway is blocked. In a traffic jam like that, it is not the tail of the snake that gets stuck. It is the head that and then the tail forms.

As for stuff, figure that the stores are full of everything 5million people need for a week. If it all got looted, it is still within the extended city limits because no one got out. I had a friend working in Manhatten. Not in the trade center, but he has pictures of the city streets filled with people. All heading North for blocks and blocks and blocks.

But, as I have said before, there are friggin zombies running 50 miles per hour, so I am willing to acceptvsome creative license
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Jun 15th, 2011 at 04:46 PM.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    I do kind of agree with you Arthur, all of that stuff has to be somewhere, I assume groups like the Colony or the Maulers have a great deal of it, but in no way was the whole city looted within that short time frame

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    One thing.. It's LA. They loot in LA just because.
    2nd thing is DURAI! A prison is already going to have a pecking order. If Durai wasn't the man, then he was near the top and probably killed his competition.
    3rd thing is DURAI!
    4th thins is DURAI!

Get where I'm going with this? If we've learned anything, it's that he's very organized and PROACTIVE. I believe that whatever ammo they got from the prison then Burt's store was used up offing the competition, the ones that didn't want to play ball and the zombies they encountered during the first couple days.
    Remember the grocery store Angel and Saul hid in? They said it looked basically like a war had happened inside because off all the holes in the bodies.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Yea, it could be. But, I am not sure people can comprehend the logistis for a city of 5,000,000 people. We are looking at

~750Tons of food / 1 million people / day

to feed each with ~1,700 Calories.

Another way, say there are 500 survivors and LA had 5,000,000 people and stores were stocked for 7 days of food. If the current 500 looted everything and distributed equally each survivor would have 70,000 Days or ~190 years of food. Collecting that much food is a wicked pain in the ass and trying to convince people that have already collected 1 year of food -- probably more food they have ever seen in their lives -- to keep collecting ~190 times more of it. We have not even raided the canned goods in people's houses.

Now that they have it, where are they going to put it? ~ 25,000 tons of food. Say a Big Rig can haul 10 tons. That is 2,500 semi trucks.

Yea, the zombies may eat some human food. But, assuming a 10% zombification, (1 out of ten people turns into a zombie) each zombie can eat one entire body a day for the next five days before they start eating human food. How much does a zombie eat? Hell, I do not know. But, I am not trying to put a 100pound woman in my belly. Hell, look what a five pound. baby does to a pregnant woman. Call it ten pounds after placenta and fluid. Now, multiply it by 20 because she just ate an average dude. Evan Fat Albert would say, wow, that is a lot of food and I am talking the old cartoon, not the movie remake. The only way they are running faster than us is by rolling themselves downhill.

Just suspend some disbelief.

If you do not, things get crazy. On the other hand, if you want to make an easy parody of something. Mix some true facts, with things that cant really happen.

I can see it now. Ten of the Maller dudes, riding around in forklifts through the store knocking shit over. Every once in a while they play bumper cars to try and trap the other maller dude they do not like so the zombies eat him instead. But, here comes a 1,600 pound zombie with an 1,400 pound belly after eating a person a day for the last seven days. But, here comes Lardo. He was fat to begin with and really hungry. He eats 2 people a day. 3,000 pounds of blubber, but he gets stuck in the revolving door! No more zombies can get in. The mallers do their best imitation of Dead Rising to loot the store. Gotta have a sexy scene. So, one of the mallers drops in the latest sports illustrated swim suit blue ray disk. The mallers stop dead in their tracks as gorgeous bikini-clad women are presented on 20 Big Screen HDTVs. We cannot be sexist, so over on the other side, the women have the latest body building video, or Fabio, or josh tesh or whatever floats their boat in 2011. Durai comes in and starts yelling to get moving. He is all pimped out in a hat and fur coat. Sweating like a pig because it is friggin 95degrees out.

Meh, tough crowd. I thought it was funny

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Dude, that comment had too many number in it for me. ROFL!
    I haven't been through a hurricane yet, but people here say that the local grocery stores get cleaned out fast as hell. When you can't get resupplied, then what you have is what you have.

We're talking about the same people who've grabbed f'n firetrucks to use among other things.. who the hell woulda thunk that?

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    [QUOTE=HaveCrowBarWillTravel;20855]Dude, that comment had too many number in it for me. ROFL! QUOTE]

Hah, I thought that too.

But for real, I believe that yes a good amount the the food / supplies would of been raided yes, but all of it? I know that it is prob what we are thinking and just the maulers / looting but it is something that could be looked into.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast