User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    I'm going to lean in the direction that the shooter policed up the brass... that said you can suppress some revolvers such as the 1895 Nagant (Devils advocate: Burt could have had one and might be the special weapon). The crack that you hear in the gunshot is also when the bullet itself breaks the sound barrier, that's why if you are using a suppressed weapon you need to use subsonic rounds or you'll still get a pretty loud "crack".
    I read that too in my research against the revolver, but I wasn't as clear about the mechanics and certainly wouldn't be capable of defending the point against anyone that could bring up a question about it.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I read that too in my research against the revolver, but I wasn't as clear about the mechanics and certainly wouldn't be capable of defending the point against anyone that could bring up a question about it.
    Here you go Nik this might aswer some questions about the Ammo types

Also the Nagant cylinder actually moves forward and seals onto the barrel when the trigger is pulled and moves back to cycle in a new round

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Thanks all for the edification. I also lean towards policed brass. But, I am leaning towards it occurring later. Not at the time of the shooting. I cannot see any of residents as a stone cold killer. I am not sure that they had their stuff together to murder and police. My opinion is that they were observed later and the shooter said oh crap. I gotta pick those up.

Wild card how hot is the brass in the first fifteen seconds? Would the shooter also remembered to have gloves or a piece of cloth?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Wild card how hot is the brass in the first fifteen seconds? Would the shooter also remembered to have gloves or a piece of cloth?
    Angel didn't smell gunpowder on anyone's hands. I still feel like the people not showering is an excuse. I've always found that gunpowder is a very powerful smell, but maybe that's just me. This to me indicates the shooter wore gloves.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Hoarder"

Status

I'm going to lean in with Nik on this... Gloves make the most sense, but brass from a 9mm isn't all that hot after shooting it. At army ranges I shoot it and pick up my brass and put it in my pocket while I'm waiting for the crusty eyed yahoo's that need alibi fires to reshoot

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Nice get Nik! For the sake of argument I will counter with or washed them with alcohol. But in either case it is more planning than I gave the shooter credit for

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Nice get Nik! For the sake of argument I will counter with or washed them with alcohol. But in either case it is more planning than I gave the shooter credit for
    Hey, this person has (if you believe they are responsible for everything) betrayed the Tower, stole all their goods, started a War with the Mallers, hidden among the survivors of the Tower for months on end, manufactured the situation to assassinate Pippin, and has thus far gotten away with all of it.

At this point, I'd believe the Rat was capable of making Jimmy Hoffa disappear.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    There were no casings found at the scene-
    Awesome. Thanks. I listened again and couldn't hear any.
    We have it in our power to begin the world over again.

-Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

I would me more impressed if they made Jimmy Hoffa reappear . 8)

I do not think the shooter is also the thief. But if so, the only suspects left are
    Red Shirt
    Steven has risen above Red Shirt, but not much
    Kelley
    Pegs
    Lizzie could be thief / rat. But not shooter
    Am I missing anyone?

Kelley and Pegs could have made contact with the mallers during R&R episode, but we were not given any hints as we were for Riley / Michael / Burt

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Here's my only issue with the idea of a revolver using a suppressor: the gap between the cylinder barrel. This gap still allows the expanding gas to escape which is where the sound of a gunshot comes from. A suppressor screwed into the end of a gun wouldn't account for this, so we should have heard a louder gun shot and not the typical "Hollywood" effect of the silenced discharge.

That means to me that the shooter had to police their brass. There is a gap between the shooter's first three shots and the final one. It could be during that time that the casings were picked up. And maybe they were able to pick up the last one directed at the radio as they were leaving.
    What would be the purpose of finding the ejected shells anyway? What would they gain from finding them? Also, they don't make suppressors for revolvers ( I think Nik cleared that up).
    One last point, revolvers "Cycle" when they're fired. You can always tell a revolver when it's used because of that sound.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast