User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status

characters ethnicity?

Hey I just wanted to hear the way you picture certain characters. Untill I say the acter of Saul at were alive in the flesh I always pictured him as white and Ive always pictured Bill as black. So anyway your thoughts

"Gatherer"

Status
    I always pictured Angel as pretty much Shane just with blond hair. For some reason I always pictured Scratch as looking like the boss lady for the company in Prison Break season 3. I have a fillipino manager at work so whenever I heard Datu talk I always see Bernie in my head...

Burt is old Indiana Jones.

Presidential Feline

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    Quote Originally Posted by kafu288 View Post
    Burt is old Indiana Jones.
    Haha, that sir is awesome.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    I always pictured Saul as Mexican, until we met his mom. Riley as Italian (just appearance, don't know why). And Bill as black. Everyone else I had as white. And that's how the cookie crumbles!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

As for the main characters...

Name (Gender) - Ethnicity/Hair Color (Actor(s)/Actress(es) I visualize when listening to the show)

Saul (M) - Spanish-African American Mix (Nate Geez or Michael Pena)
    Tanya (F) - African-American (Angela Bassett or Older Jada Pinkett Smith)
    Michael (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Michael Stahl-David or Josh Hartnett)
    Angel (M) - Caucasian/Blonde (Shane Salk w/Short Blonde Hair or Chad-Michael Murray or Benjamin McKenzie)
    Pegs (F) - Caucasian/Ginger (Elisa Eliot or Hayley Williams or Autumn Reeser or Claire Coffee)
    Riley (F) - Caucasian/Brunette (Audrey Tautou)
    Datu (M) - Filipino/Dark Black Hair (Jay Olegario w/ older features)
    Lizzy (F) - Caucasian/Blonde (Younger Naomi Watts)
    Burt (M) - Caucasian/White Hair (Bill from Left 4 Dead)
    Kelly (F) - Caucasian/Brunette (Tammy Klein or Melinda Clarke)
    Tommy (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Joseph Mazzello)
    Bill (M) - African-American (Harold Perrineau w/ Fade haircut or LeVar Burton)
    Kalani (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Colin Quinn - Most people probably picture him more like a native Hawaiian or Samoan but I imagine there are Caucasian people who are born and raised on the islands with native names)

*Note - Oh btw, is there anyway to make a link to a picture using the actor/actresses names? For example, the name Elisa Eliot or Naomi Watts would be blue and would link people to a picture instead of http://www.imdb.co... etc.?
    Last edited by Kn1ckerb0cker33; May 19th, 2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Addition; Plus Note

"Scavenger"

Status
    Everyone is picturing Saul as being black I honestly thought he was white

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn1ckerb0cker33 View Post
    *Note - Oh btw, is there anyway to make a link to a picture using the actor/actresses names? For example, the name Elisa Eliot or Naomi Watts would be blue and would link people to a picture instead of http://www.imdb.co... etc.?
    The ones that become blue have a page on the Wiki. The ones that stay gray don't.
    Also, not every character has the same ethnicity as their actor

However, your list is pretty accurate I believe.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Riley says she was a french chef and speaks french. But, I thought her accent was more of a english as a second language citizen of the British Commonwealth. I hear the inflection of the commonwealth more so than the french. Later I was to learn that the actress has lived in France and England.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    I like how Kc is allowing the audio drama to emphasize it's nature. I didn't see the cover art until about chapter 11ish I think. I got clear pictures in my mind of the characters and zombies, and part of the fun is how your imagination interprets this world. This is how I originally saw everyone...
    Michael: White with dark short hair, average height, kind of clean-cut with a classic profile, but rugged at the same time.
    Angel: White with blonde hair, tall, kind of nerdy, with a goofy sort of handsome look (strong cheekbones/jaw)
    Saul: I honestly thought Saul was Latino. The name didn't seem very African-American. I pictured him as a short, skinny, dark, Puerto Rican guy, with very short hair
    Pegs: White, Brunette, short and petite, cute, with a rounded face and a small nose.
    Riley: Her accent threw me off -- I kept bouncing back and forth between European and Indian, but settled on white Euro with a slightly tan complection, average height to slightly tall, slim, athletic build, blue eyes, brown long wavy hair
    Datu: I thought he was Mexican at first, but after hearing his accent more, I thought he was Philipino perhaps. Tan skin, Dark hair and eyes. Short, stocky, with an animated face, a broad round nose, full lips
    Lizzy: BLONDE duh! LOL but average height, thin with a curvy figure, pretty eyes, more of an angular face, with a pointy nose, and thin lips
    Burt: Honestly a cross between Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, and Charlton Heston. A tall, older white man with creases and scruff on his face, and silver/white hair. squinty blue eyes, clenched teeth, and a bit of a crooked nose.
    Bill: Tall, in shape, African American man, with a slight afro and a short beard, a fierce face, with a strong jaw, full lips, furrowing eyebrows, dark eyes.
    Kelly: I pictured her as a middle-age white female, but kind of a cougar (attractive but bitchy). freckly-tan skin, shoulder-length, dirty blonde wavy hair, pulled back. A broad face, with green squinty eyes, a pointy nose, and a smirking mouth. Curvy, but not chubby.
    Scratch: White average height female, with milky pale skin, blue eyes, and black, short, straight, cheekbone-length hair. A more manly build, with a round face, full lips, a small round nose, and a constant scowl on her face.
    Kalani: I actually see him a super obese white guy. Not a native islander. Maybe if anything, he is half white, halve native. Greying, curly, hair. Thick eyebrows. Dark eyes. Tan skin.
    Last edited by Rock Daddy; May 20th, 2011 at 06:05 AM.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn1ckerb0cker33 View Post
    As for the main characters...

Name (Gender) - Ethnicity/Hair Color (Actor(s)/Actress(es) I visualize when listening to the show)

Saul (M) - Spanish-African American Mix (Nate Geez or Michael Pena)
    Tanya (F) - African-American (Angela Bassett or Older Jada Pinkett Smith)
    Michael (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Michael Stahl-David or Josh Hartnett)
    Angel (M) - Caucasian/Blonde (Shane Salk w/Short Blonde Hair or Chad-Michael Murray or Benjamin McKenzie)
    Pegs (F) - Caucasian/Ginger (Elisa Eliot or Hayley Williams or Autumn Reeser or Claire Coffee)
    Riley (F) - Caucasian/Brunette (Audrey Tautou)
    Datu (M) - Filipino/Dark Black Hair (Jay Olegario w/ older features)
    Lizzy (F) - Caucasian/Blonde (Younger Naomi Watts)
    Burt (M) - Caucasian/White Hair (Bill from Left 4 Dead)
    Kelly (F) - Caucasian/Brunette (Tammy Klein or Melinda Clarke)
    Tommy (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Joseph Mazzello)
    Bill (M) - African-American (Harold Perrineau w/ Fade haircut or LeVar Burton)
    Kalani (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Colin Quinn - Most people probably picture him more like a native Hawaiian or Samoan but I imagine there are Caucasian people who are born and raised on the islands with native names)

Im gonna go with just about this same thing except I see Riley as a European transplant from India. Like Rebecca Hazlewood from Outsourced. And Kalani Being Definite Hawaiian Islander. Awesome list though Kn1ck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast