snack pack pudding with legs

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DogFromDuckhunt View Post
    Was either Latch or Durai who said they wanted to send some people to the Tower. Might be they took in more than they could handle and now they're trying to adjust.
    I'm pretty certain that it was Durai. I always assumed that this was a ploy to get mallers into the tower and thus taking over it as well as the people.

"Lurker"

Status
    Since the Mallers have probably run low on people since the attack on the tower I can see them being used mostly as bait for traps and doing scavenger runs or maybe the Mallers are trading some of the people they find for supplies at the colony, not a likely theory since no one mentioned it at the colony but it's still a possibility.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    I think it's definitely for the slaves to do the more dangerous manual labor jobs that the mallers want nothing to do with. It's kind of ironic & sadistic. They probably enjoy holding captives and being in charge after spending so many years in the slammer. I believe a few that prove their loyalty are promoted to "mallers". And of course, let's be disgustingly honest, most women that are captured are probably used as sex slaves. But I think we'll discover a lot more about their hierarchy soon...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Well my theory was that they kept slaves simply because it was the most productive and efficient course of action, to quote myself

the "Mallers" Are apparently building their ranks again via found survivors. I don't think every survivor they find instantly becomes a slave but I also think that the process of choosing which of the new survivors become slaves and who becomes a "Maller" is all that complicated. I wouldn't be surprised if they were going by the 'Eeny, meeny, miny, moe' system to be honest. My backup for this theory is that there is a female "Maller" other than Scratch, in part 2 of chapter 21 When the Scratch's convoy makes the last stop before the Arena Shes introduced talking about "Sam" being ripped out of his seat during the ambush. She remains nameless but his is still important.
    Also I think the sex slave theory would work in favor of the Mallers and the Colony at this point, to quote myself yet again

To clarify I haven't planted my flag in the sex slave theory yet, but it is entirely possible that the male survivors they find are the laborers and the females they find are used for pleasure...or both. My reason for bringing this up but not investing in it is simple, I think Durai has far to much respect for women to designate them sex slaves. I don't really have any support for this spin-off theory other than Scratch freeing him and being 2nd in command, the other female Maller, and possibly another female influence we/I don't know of as of yet. We don't know much about this guy but I doubt he would do something like that, for what ever reason. On the other hand that entirely sounds like something Marcus or Gatekeeper would do at the Colony. From the small time frame we have had to get to know this "Gatekeeper" he sounds like a very strategic person. It wouldn't surprise me at all if ever since his hostile takeover and the loss of the Colony's armed personells ammo supply, if the moral of Gatekeepers men was significantly low and he authorised the raping of the civilians.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    It seems to me that the overwhelming opinion is that the slaves will be used for forgaging and/or pleasure. To be honest these explanations dont quite fit for me but that was the whole idea of opening the thread because I couldnt think of anything myself. Thanks for the input.

It does lead me to another question that has probably been asked elsewhere. Why isn't blondie being treated as a slave? Scratch seems to want to protect her, although she could just be under orders to, so does this mean that the Mallers plan to use her (and their fair treatment of her) to negotiate with the Tower?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    I think the slaves are going to be used for testing. What attracts zombies? What makes them keep away? What could work as a good armour against bites? The Mallers could just be throwing them out there as bate for zombies to test their silly zombie fighting tools. But also for sex and labour.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I don't think the sex slave thing is official at all, if it happens. Remember that Tardust did sneak away with Lizzy to the furniture shop and out of Bricks hearing. If it was all good for this to happen, then why did he do this?
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I think what is more important than why they would have slaves is the fact that they have them at all. I think KC is trying to show the ugly side of humanity. It demonstrates what would happen if society and its rules completely broke down. There would be absolute chaos. Without laws and punishments, the morals and ethics most people live by would take a second seat to survival and pure enjoyment. I don't doubt the Mallers are using the slaves for labor and sex.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    I don't think the sex slave thing is official at all, if it happens. Remember that Tardust did sneak away with Lizzy to the furniture shop and out of Bricks hearing. If it was all good for this to happen, then why did he do this?
    Very good point! I'm pretty sure it's all labor that the slaves are doing. I'm not sure about the idea that they were an offering to Not Paul either

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast