User Tag List

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Still a mistake though. At 1:35 ch3 p3 Saul mentions Burt is still unconscious and Angel mentions the revolver still in his hand. If he was out at the time, no way to change weapons. 30 seconds later the biter is on Saul's leg and Burt shoots it off with the gun already in his hand, why would he pick up another gun and have to rack it if he already has one in is hand that is ready to fire? You could hear Angel fumble with his rifle and then say I can't get a shot but that's all I heard.
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit9014 View Post
    Still a mistake though. At 1:35 ch3 p3 Saul mentions Burt is still unconscious and Angel mentions the revolver still in his hand. If he was out at the time, no way to change weapons. 30 seconds later the biter is on Saul's leg and Burt shoots it off with the gun already in his hand, why would he pick up another gun and have to rack it if he already has one in is hand that is ready to fire? You could hear Angel fumble with his rifle and then say I can't get a shot but that's all I heard.
    From the speed that he 'awakes', lines up and then takes the shot one can assume that he wasn't really out to begin with or he had awoken within a decently reasonable timeframe, ex. 3-5 minutes. A revolver would not have dropped a shell casing ergo there must've been a weapon change.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Or he's a bad @ss marine and woke from all the screaming ready for action like he had done it a million times before in nam; and audio threw in a sound effect that didn't belong by mistake ;-)
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    When Michael is trying to convince Pegs to stay in Irwin, he said she was brave enough to go South with him and that she "was the first to volunteer". I thought Kelly was the first to volunteer, and Pegs jumped in after (out of jealousy maybe?).
    Likes Unit liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    A lot of the details need to be reviewed by a military advisor:

Would like to know more about Angel's background. Was he a graduate of Federal OCS or a reserve component OCS? Public Affairs? Referenced in wiki as "commanding officer"...public affairs would be a staff officer.

Why the hodgepodge of MOS's from the reserve unit? Could be explained if they were from different units, but an 11B would not be MOSQed in an MI unit and SGT Cross (misspelled in the wiki as "sargent" instead of "sergeant") would not be in a line company in an infantry unit...and there are no infantry units in the Reserves...the only position for an 11B in the Army reserves would be as a Drill Instructor. Saul's MOS could be explained as not having been afforded the opportunity to attend a MOS school.

Ammunition at the armory...generally violates regulations but the small amount of ammunition COULD be allowed temporarily after a range--but what is the origin of the ammunition for the .50 cal.? That is unlikely to have been available at the armory.
    Likes Storm liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrak View Post

Would like to know more about Angel's background. Was he a graduate of Federal OCS or a reserve component OCS? Public Affairs? Referenced in wiki as "commanding officer"...public affairs would be a staff officer.

Why the hodgepodge of MOS's from the reserve unit? Could be explained if they were from different units, but an 11B would not be MOSQed in an MI unit and SGT Cross (misspelled in the wiki as "sargent" instead of "sergeant") would not be in a line company in an infantry unit...and there are no infantry units in the Reserves...the only position for an 11B in the Army reserves would be as a Drill Instructor. Saul's MOS could be explained as not having been afforded the opportunity to attend a MOS school.

Ammunition at the armory...generally violates regulations but the small amount of ammunition COULD be allowed temporarily after a range--but what is the origin of the ammunition for the .50 cal.? That is unlikely to have been available at the armory.
    Maybe I am mistaken, but weren't Michael and Saul's MOS based on their active duty prior to going reserve? Both were in Iraq, Michael as MI and Saul in Mountain Division, then they returned and went reserve is what I thought. In that case it wouldn't matter, they could have different MOS in the reserves now right?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Unit View Post
    Maybe I am mistaken, but weren't Michael and Saul's MOS based on their active duty prior to going reserve? Both were in Iraq, Michael as MI and Saul in Mountain Division, then they returned and went reserve is what I thought. In that case it wouldn't matter, they could have different MOS in the reserves now right?
    Yeah, Angel's not a commanding officer. Not sure where that came from on the Wiki.

The hodgepodge of MOS's come from a lot of active duty soldiers, and some reserve, cross-training and re-classing for one reason or another. Saul didn't have a chance to re-class yet or go to another MOS school. Typically there's a waiting period depending on spots available, etc... Reserve units sometimes struggle to maintain being staffed, and you can get people from all over the place or MOS to fill in slots.

And Yes, there is not supposed to be ammo in the armory. That's intentionally fudged, but at the same time holds some truth, because it happened once that I knew about IRL. The 50 cal ammo came from Burt's "special room". They wouldn't have had that in the military armory. Only smaller-caliber ammo related to weapons qualification.
    Likes shadrak, scbubba, Unit liked this post

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The wiki is free for all to edit as well. If you catch mistakes someone else had made (like an admin who shall remain nameless who screwed up an autopsy subject) feel free to edit. If you aren't sure how you can certainly ask around. Lots of active wiki'ers around.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    I've been meaning to start looking at the wiki but I'm afraid it may turn into an obsession haha

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Weird ... When Michael wanted to talk with Puck about how he broke his arm, it was like wishing to talk about something funny or "light-hearted" ... But when he told Datu about his last personal encounter with Randy, it occurred to me that there is much more to it. So I ask: Would Michael have told someone about how he broke his arm, although this event is directly connected to a hell of a serious situation?
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast