User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Do you really want to know what caused it?

This has been on my mind for a good min and I've come to the conclusion that I don't care how this all really started. Do you?

Blasphemy you say!
    Not at all mon ami!

One of the reasons why I started this line of thought is because once the event is explained, people will start looking for the loopholes, the inconsistancies or the trouble with the science so to speak.

In the end, almost 90 percent of our movies don't tell why, they just tell the journey.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    I do want to know, but I have to agree with you Crowbar. As much as I want some damn answers, it would ruin the ride right now! It doesn't change the story of these people trying to survive, it only enhances it (for me, not them ). MAYBE... it would be cool if at the VERY end there were hints or clues as to exactly how it all began. OR... Once the series is finished, it might be cool to see some spin offs, or lost journals, concentrating more on the origins than the story of survival.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I'm assuming you're talking about 90% of zombie movies don't tell why. I'd say that most movies do indeed tell you why things happen and how because it's naturally what the mind wants to know when being told a story.

Personally, I want to know. People can look for loopholes all they want, I'm pretty certain we've only found one or two conflicts in the story and both were pretty minor (the one about the hummer hatch in the beginning, and there was another one I don't recall right now....) I believe if we were to be told how this happened, it wouldn't take away from the story, and I'm positive Kc and Company would be able to reveal it so we won't be able to find loopholes (and if there are loopholes, he's got a fanatic fanbase that will defend the loopholes)
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Personally, I'm dying to know and unless it's a really, REALLY dumb reason (an overdone April's Fool joke that got way out of hand), I don't mind. I question and I nitpick, but that doesn't take anything away from the story for me. To me, We're Alive is happening in it's own universe where the reason, whatever it might turn out to be, will be plausible.
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Lurker"

Status
    While it might be nice to know what caused the outbreak, I think that the story would make a major shift into figuring it out.
    Perhaps over time if little bits and pieces of info get put into the story, though, it would satisfy those who are curious. Possibly, like Rock Daddy said, do something like a spin-off or release those bits later on or towards the end (if there is one).
    but I do like the story as is right now.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I'm pretty certain we've only found one or two conflicts in the story and both were pretty minor (the one about the hummer hatch in the beginning, and there was another one I don't recall right now....)
    Wait, what about the Hummer Hatch?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Wait, what about the Hummer Hatch?
    I believe it was j0be that pointed out in the Chapter 1-2 when Pegs and Riley are being rescued they enter the Hummer through the hatch on the roof. But when Angel and Saul are retrofitting the hummer for their first supply run (the one when they find Burt) Saul has made a hatch in the roof of the Hummer....despite there apparently already being one. (chapter 2-3 ~15:00 mark)
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I believe it was j0be that pointed out in the Chapter 1-2 when Pegs and Riley are being rescued they enter the Hummer through the hatch on the roof. But when Angel and Saul are retrofitting the hummer for their first supply run (the one when they find Burt) Saul has made a hatch in the roof of the Hummer....despite there apparently already being one. (chapter 2-3 ~15:00 mark)
    Oh, got it! That wasn't a mistake. He made it a real "Hatch" that was able to be closed. Before it was just an open hole. Michael called out to close the hatch in the first chapter, but they couldn't.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Personally, I'm happy not knowing what caused it or why. It's a little scarier that way. Say everything works out in the end, the hordes are pushed back, contained and destroyed... everything returns to normal, but the thought will always be in the back of your mind: Good God, is whatever caused this still out there? Not knowing leads to paranoia which is always entertaining.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Oh, got it! That wasn't a mistake. He made it a real "Hatch" that was able to be closed. Before it was just an open hole. Michael called out to close the hatch in the first chapter, but they couldn't.
    Ah ha! Great! Ok so now there's only one loophole that isn't explained....and I don't remember what it is...so...uh...it's closed by default?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast