User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two things.....

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    England, I won't bore you with the details.
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Two things.....

Okay, I have two little questions/knitpicks, but hey, a three week gap makes work for idle hands

Firstly, just what is Shirelys range? In 5-1, burt remarks that the one on the roof(about 100 metres away) is quite a long distance away to hit with Shirely, but in 5-3 he has no trouble hitting the wing mirror of a tanker(although this distance isn't mentioned. Also, in 11-1, Burt manages to hit the sprinting attacker when he was 300+ meteres away with mismatched bullets, which just made me wonder.

Secondly, how did Pegs get into the colony so easily? Didn't she have a damaged foot? It just seems weird that she would get in without at least a second opinion, seeing as the gatekeeper called Tanya for an arm, why wouldnt he call for a fresh wound?

Just a few things I noticed.

I'm that guy that everyone knows is here, but no one talks to.

Status

Gamertag: itsallgoodie Wii Code: No idea but I have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestonWisdom View Post

Secondly, how did Pegs get into the colony so easily? Didn't she have a damaged foot? It just seems weird that she would get in without at least a second opinion, seeing as the gatekeeper called Tanya for an arm, why wouldnt he call for a fresh wound?
    So im not too sure about Burt's gun but the pegs thing im pretty sure they didnt care that Michael's arm was messed up or that pegs foot was hurt they just cared that his arm was funny and didnt look right. the gatekeeper didnt think his arm looked right. Pegs food did. thats why.
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    I'm pretty sure gatekeeper had tanya check out her wound before letting her in
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    I'm pretty sure gatekeeper had tanya check out her wound before letting her in
    Tanya is only called when gatekeeper see's the arm, the foot isn't mentioned until after the decision not to let Michael in is made.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

was michael first? or was it pegs and kelly first, then michael? so that pegs had already been approved, and then her foot was called into question,

it could be that gatekeeper has som e medical expertise, so he cleared her wound, or it could be a plot hole
    Angel's #1 Fan

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

According to wikipedia (you know...the bastion of all things true on the internet) the effective range of a Desert Eagle is 200m. But Burt didn't shoot The One With Markings with Shirley. He had a rifle. At the 9:00 minute mark, Michael says "One arm or not, I will get that rifle from you..."

The cut was on the bottom of Pegs' foot. It might have been something Gatekeeper missed,

It's also possible its something he noticed but didn't look like a bite or scratch. He also could have questioned her about but was left out for the dramatic effect of the cliffhanger of Michael not being allowed to enter. Especially since Pegs mentioned it in front of Gatekeeper. If it wasn't something he hadn't noticed before, there would have to be something that happened when Pegs mentioned her foot in Gatekeeper's presence.

Good observations
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Apr 12th, 2011 at 11:45 AM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    was michael first? or was it pegs and kelly first, then michael? so that pegs had already been approved, and then her foot was called into question,

it could be that gatekeeper has som e medical expertise, so he cleared her wound, or it could be a plot hole
    Michael was last, and the gatekeeper specifically mentions he isn't a doctor, Tanya was the only medical authority until 19-1.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Michael was last, and the gatekeeper specifically mentions he isn't a doctor, Tanya was the only medical authority until 19-1.
    he might not be a doctor, but he spends every day looking at people's body's for wounds that looks suspicious for the past few months, i'm sure the guy knows what he's doing

or we could go back to the plot hole thing
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    According to wikipedia (you know...the bastion of all things true on the internet) the effective range of a Desert Eagle is 200m. But Burt didn't shoot The One With Markings with Shirley. He had a rifle. At the 9:00 minute mark, Michael says "One arm or not, I will get that rifle from you..."

The cut was on the bottom of Pegs' foot. It might have been something Gatekeeper missed, or it did not look enough like a bite or scratch to him to warrant barring her entry.

It's also possible its something he noticed, and questioned her about but was left out for the dramatic effect of the cliffhanger of Michael not being allowed to enter. Especially since Pegs mentioned it in front of Gatekeeper. If it wasn't something he hadn't noticed before, there would have to be something that happened when Pegs mentioned her foot in Gatekeeper's presence.

Good observations
    Your right, In the hall he shot with the rifle, but it's never mentioned what weapon he uses to shoot when he was fleeing, and seeing as burr showers with shirely, it could feasibly be the rifle or Shirely.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

he might not be a doctor, but he spends every day looking at people's body's for wounds that looks suspicious for the past few months, i'm sure the guy knows what he's doing

or we could go back to the plot hole thing
    Remember when Victor told the story about the family and the recon team Gatekeeper had killed, it wasn't the fact that the girl was injured. It was that the injury looked like it could have been a scratch. From landing on the dock and getting a huge splinter in her foot or gash (whatever it happens to be) it would be a puncture wound, or a noticeable slice. Neither of those, to me, would read as a bite mark or scratch.

Your right, In the hall he shot with the rifle, but it's never mentioned what weapon he uses to shoot when he was fleeing, and seeing as burr showers with shirely, it could feasibly be the rifle or Shirely.
    It's never mentioned but the sound used when he was loading the gun in preparation to shoot wasn't the same sound as Shirley being loaded. It sounds to me like the m-16 slide bolt. (11-1 ~11:00 mark)
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Apr 12th, 2011 at 11:52 AM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast