Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Presidential Feline

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    Huh, interesting theory. I guess this could apply to all the soldiers: Michael CROSS, Saul TINK, ANGEL TUNUDO. I'm not sure if Tink or Tunudo mean anything significant, but the Cross theory seems like it could very well pan out, perhaps Micheal will give his life for the others in the end, though I agree with AdrianHD, I don't think we're due for the death of a major character anytime soon.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Oooo, good idea. Research time! Me likely. I found lots of religious references here. Allow me to get analytical and biblical for a sec.

"Michael" in the Bible is an archangel and field commander of the Army of God against Satanic forces. So basically, a leader. Last name is Cross. Go figure.
    "Angel" (or angels) are followers that carry out tasks and deliver messages, etc. Someone mentioned "Fallen Angel" = fortelling???? (shrug, who knows). "Tunudo" - didn't find anything.
    "Saul" (I actually had to look this one up) means "prayed for" in Hebrew. "Tink" - most definitions I found involved something along the lines of constant traveling and "tinkering" with metal or machinery.

Strange how their names seem to describe them so well.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    "Angel" (or angels) are followers that carry out tasks and deliver messages, etc. Someone mentioned "Fallen Angel" = fortelling???? (shrug, who knows). "Tunudo" - didn't find anything.
    goddamnit...
    Angel's #1 Fan

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    That MEANS VICTOR is MADE!!

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I like this analysis of the names. I had thought about Michael Cross as being a significant and purposely chosen name, but for some reason a very obvious one, Angel, never clicked in my head. Zombiehead, great research. Those all make perfect sense. Though it does make me wonder about Michaels fate now. Will he be like the archangel Michael who drove Satan from heaven (Michael drives the dead out of the realm of the living) or will the name Cross have a more important significance and foretell of Michaels sacrifice? Oooh, and if he does sacrifice himself, will he rise from the dead? Zombie Michael!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

I just learned that Kalani means "the heavens". He is a pilot. Dude spends a lot of his time up there.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    I just learned that Kalani means "the heavens". He is a pilot. Dude spends a lot of his time up there.
    So you're saying he's going to die?
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Lurker"

Status
    Saul was also the name of the apostle Paul (before he was the apostle). Smitten by god on the way to Damascus. Clearly Saul has been on the side of Michael and the tower survivors the whole time. If anything Tanya may have been religious and named him after the bible character (awful one to name him after though, Saul in the bible was bad, Paul good). Michael is, in my opinion, a common name and can be overlooked as having any significance.

The last name Cross could be significant to the listener (I figure it is just a name or vague symbolism rather than foreshadowing) in as much as Michael is the one in charge and has a heavy (figurative/metaphorical) cross to carry.

Kalani I agree with the pilot reference. I have heard of a lot of people named Angel but it seems to obvious to be symbolism.

EDIT: I just realized Saul Tink sounds an awful lot like Saltine. If you say it out loud.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    So you're saying he's going to die?
    Oh, no. I just thought it was an interesting little easter egg that Kalani means "the heavens" and that he's a pilot. Kind of reminds me of comic book characters like Dr. Otto Octavius who ended up being a dude with 8 mechanical arms, and Edward Nigma who became the Riddler. It's like thier names sealed thier fate.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    It seems the name Durai is of Indian origin, and it means "leader" or "chief".
    Befitting because he's the boss-man of the mallers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast