Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX

Article: Tower-gate

Angel's #1 Fan

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    What if it was non of the above? What if it turned out to be character that we learn about in hindsight or his/her journal?
    My theory is that it's the guy who died trying to sneak out on his own.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I subscribe to the theory that having a dead person being the traitor isn't as interesting storytelling wise.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

I'm betting that it wont be a non-major character or a dead character because of story telling. It just seems like a cheap way out. Theres a lot of tension brewing and building up over the last season over who the mole is. Kc will almost surely seize the opportunity and end it with a bang rather than a fizzle.

Think of it this way, if we see three people playing Russian roulette, then we expect that one of those 3 people will die, and there is tension over who will die, if no one dies at the end, it just seems cheap, like wow, what was the point of this whole thing.

But honestly I wouldn't mind if the traitor turned out to be none of the major tower residents. I've grown attached to a lot of them (some more than others) and it would suck if like Angel or Riley turned out to be the culprit

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    If I'm not mistaken Datu was sick before and during the war. Being in the arena took quite a toll on him and he was in shock, then eventually he gets better, but we don't find out until season two that he made a full recovery. My bet is that Datu isn't the traitor.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NJHellfire View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Datu was sick before and during the war. Being in the arena took quite a toll on him and he was in shock, then eventually he gets better, but we don't find out until season two that he made a full recovery. My bet is that Datu isn't the traitor.
    We know that Datu was not responding to tower crew's questions immediately after he was rescued. After that, we know that during the party, he was not talking to anyone in the tower. But what's crucial here is that during the fire, Datu was up and walking on his own, he filled up gas canisters with diesel from the generator with ease, he was also leading some tower residents in prayer, and we know he had some loud arguments with Michael and Burt, so we know for a fact that datu was capable of moving around and that he was capable of talking, arguing, and yelling by the time of the war. During the party, Datu's is "believed" to be in his room, sulking, we don't know that for a fact. Everyone is at the party. The only people who arent, are Tommy, and Datu. Tommy was downstairs keeping guard, and Datu was supposedly in his room, but no one actually checked. So at the end of the day, Datu is definitely "capable" of having committed the crime.

but of course the point of the article was never to find the traitor, just to narrow down the search, and point out who is obviously not the traitor. I've basically laid down a number of facts in front of you, who you believe to be the traitor is your choice.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    What I feel everyone is missing is that the traitor had to have mulitiple conversations (or talked during one really long night shift) with the mallers in order to pass on such detailed info about everyone and the tower..ie the camera locations.
    My theory about the traitor being a "Red Shirt" being the traitor... I think it can be told and made interesting in a few different ways. Via his journal entries and told in the first person (like Samatha's story). They can find stuff in his room about other plans or any number of interesting things about the Mallers.
    Let's just say they stumble across information about Durai's past or information about Scratch and Angel's connection...
    The actual motivation for the visit then attack starts to flesh out and the traitor becomes a not so important issue because they find out so much more. The possibilities are endless.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Let's consider the information passed to the Mallers:

1. The Tower was having a party.
    2. Names and positions within the Tower (either 25-30 people, or just the command structure....and honestly it was just the command structure because they didn't know who Pegs was.)
    3. Michael's broken arm
    4. Lack of Ammo

That's really all the information that was seemingly given up. There's no mention of any other information by Durai or Scratch....that's honestly not a whole lot. And if the mole hopped on the radio really quick, found the mallers and said "Just listen and don't respond, I don't have much time" the conversation could be over in 5 minutes.

You still haven't convinced me that it was a Red Shirt Crowbar, but it is an interesting point about the conflict coming in the form of Angel/Scratch's history. I still just think that's not nearly as much bang for the buck as they say. The biggest bang comes from trusting a character, and then realizing they are the betrayer of the Tower, in my opinion.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Lurker"

Status
    I haven't really thought about who the traitor is, but I just realized something once I red this...and it's about Kalani...Ok so we don't know much about him. And then there's the stated theory that he may be connected to the mallers but ended up being captured & placed in the arena...so check it out...and if it's already been posted, sorry about that...

1) when he was at the other tower, it fell apart within 3 days he was there...he says they were attacked by the "zombies" but if you think about it, if he contacted the mallers to take over, they would've attracted the "zombies" with the noise they would bring...3 days is more than enough time to case the place out & get info to the mallers...

2) now when he got to the "main" tower after being rescued, it was roughly 2 days before it fell apart...and remember once Michael, Angel & Saul were done de-breifing him, Angel told Kalani that he was going to be doing guard duty the following day, which gave him access to the radio...I also thought that in chap.16, Angel was testing him to see if he knew what channel the mallers used when they were dropping off Latch's body...He says he didn't know, but you never know...

Anyway, that's my thought on another possibility that Kalani may be the culprit. But only KC knows who it is...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4-5 Trioxin View Post
    I haven't really thought about who the traitor is, but I just realized something once I red this...and it's about Kalani...Ok so we don't know much about him. And then there's the stated theory that he may be connected to the mallers but ended up being captured & placed in the arena...so check it out...and if it's already been posted, sorry about that...

1) when he was at the other tower, it fell apart within 3 days he was there...he says they were attacked by the "zombies" but if you think about it, if he contacted the mallers to take over, they would've attracted the "zombies" with the noise they would bring...3 days is more than enough time to case the place out & get info to the mallers...

2) now when he got to the "main" tower after being rescued, it was roughly 2 days before it fell apart...and remember once Michael, Angel & Saul were done de-breifing him, Angel told Kalani that he was going to be doing guard duty the following day, which gave him access to the radio...I also thought that in chap.16, Angel was testing him to see if he knew what channel the mallers used when they were dropping off Latch's body...He says he didn't know, but you never know...

Anyway, that's my thought on another possibility that Kalani may be the culprit. But only KC knows who it is...
    the only issue I take with your theory (which is interesting by the by) is that if Kalani had sold out the other Tower upon his arrival to the Mallers, then why are they still located in the strip mall? The other tower seems to have become devoid of human life and thus would be prime pickings to rebuild the defenses vs taking over an entirely fortified target (Our Tower).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast