Thread: 17-2 Question

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator

17-2 Question

I'm not sure where else to post this.

In 17-2 there is a part where Michael calls to Burt and asks how many rounds he has. Of course Burt isn't there and Kelly fills in the part. My question is, why did he do this? Couldn't Victor see Kelly and Peggs? If Kelly and Peggs had thier guns trained on Victor and Fernando (Kelly mentions here trembling hands) that isn't it likely that Victor could see Kelly pretending to be Bert? Besides, Michael tells Victor early on that he has two armed friends nearby. So with Kelly and Peggs already speaking up, wouldn't a third person be out of the count? I'm just a bit confused on this part. Can anyone clarify Michael and Kelly's actions for me?
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but to me it suggested that Victor and Fernando had heard of the legendary Burt, but they didn't know for sure if the name was male or female. So the question is, how did they hear about Burt? The colony may have communicated with the mallers. But in that case, surely Marcus knew there were still survivors in LA while he claimed everyone thought it was a dead city.

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Victor was in the house pointing the gun at Michael through the window. Michael explains that in the monologue, then Victor sends Fernando out and tells him to point his gun at Michael. It's dark and Fernando panics a bit when Michael mentions he has friends, so I'm thinking he can't see them. The girls talk but I'm not sure Victor hears them.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    no, i think what it was, was that michael wanted Kelly to ACT like burt, and burt acts like a friggin maniac at times, cause the moment, kelly was called, Burt, she realized oh, michael wants me to act like burt, and act like a badass marksman with a take no prisoners approach, and she then changes her attitude so she sounds like burt, and is like ohhh i got 30 rounds up in this bitch, ima blow you all to hell, scare tactic, and after hearing it victor backs down too
    Angel's #1 Fan

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    and after hearing it victor backs down too
    In Fernando's panic he asks Victor if we should take the group, Victor then asks if there's been any word from Marcus. Fernando says no and Victor tells Fernando in spanish that they should let this group go and that Marcus doesn't need to know about this. So I don't think Victor was very scared as much as having a change of heart for some reason.
    Last edited by Wicked Sid; Mar 5th, 2011 at 07:51 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Well it was a crappy burt impression!!!

And victor is hardcore! He knows whatsup!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

But in all honesty i thinkur overthinking this. Occams razor the simplest solution is usually the right one

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    You're probably right. Kc has a way of showing us the light anyway!

"Scavenger"

Status
    I assumed they couldn't see them or at least not clear enough to distinguish who was there. It was just a bluff but I think it would have been better had Burt been there because he would have blew them away and they wouldn't be stuck in "The Colony".

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    no, i think what it was, was that michael wanted Kelly to ACT like burt, and burt acts like a friggin maniac at times, cause the moment, kelly was called, Burt, she realized oh, michael wants me to act like burt, and act like a badass marksman with a take no prisoners approach, and she then changes her attitude so she sounds like burt, and is like ohhh i got 30 rounds up in this bitch, ima blow you all to hell, scare tactic, and after hearing it victor backs down too
    Yeah, I think that makes the most sense. I know that after Fernando went outside to cover Michael, you can hear Victor come rushing outside too. Then you hear Kelly narrate that she and Peggs had thier guns trained on the two covering Michael, so they all must have been within each other's line of sight. Yeah, I think Michael was giving Kelly the queue to act tough like Burt. You can hear in Victor's voice some concern when he tells "Bert" to take it easy. Now I can picture the scene much easier. Thanks and Kudos Ra1th.
    There is no spoon. - Neo