User Tag List

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 38-1

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by thisonegirl View Post
    Mind. Blown!

Ditto

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post

Maybe Hope was just thinking in terms of herself or maybe there is a broader meaning, but when she talks to Datu she says something to the effect of 'where ever I go it's just a matter of time.'
    Lots of stuff that I agree with deleted to highlight the specific I missed

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Only something about her eyes. What exactly we don'T know. But Datu and Tanya are right: After this long period of time the eyes will need some time to adjust. Hope just needs to be patient.
    I think she had eye transplants...
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    There's usually a decent conversation about the chapter art by now. Let's have one!

Obviously we see Riley who has really let herself go.......

So where is Burt, why the heavy fire power? I'm having a hard time reconciling the chapter art, the chapter title, and the action in the story at the moment.
    Burt with the 50cal in a safe house with Riley hunting down scratch maybe? Although...that house doesnt look too safe...maybe it's them held up in some makeshift fortress when they see scratch somewhere and want to get the jump on her? Looks to me like he's in an attic of some sort, perhaps getting the high ground over scratch?...or a mob of zeds walking the streets when they are en route to Dunbar or the like?
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runs4theheckofit View Post
    I think she had eye transplants...
    Green eyes? ; )
    Likes scbubba, Witch_Doctor, Hoff4D liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    It is storycraft. Let's say Skittles just happened to be a mental patient and say Lizzy was a therapist who studied in a mental hospital durring her phd program. Maybe Lizzy could get more out of Skittles since he might already feel comfortable with her. If Lizzy stays in the colony, I do not think skittles is going to show up any time soon asking to borrow a cup of sugar. So, the story would require Lizzy to be outside the colony for this to occur. Now for good measure, toss in a criminally insane dude covered with tattoos who seems to like tattooing little zombies so they grow up to be great big killing machines. Oh, and do not forget that this was done in a hospital called Canes and the plot driving the story is Fratracide; killing of a brother.

As long as i am here, I think Tanya has it wrong. The teeth are not serially replaced like a shark, those were the baby teeth; hyper accelerated growth, essentially growing from toddlers to over six feet tall in a only a few months.

Then, I get handed a tinfoil hat and I start listening for crows to have with my humble pie...
    I think you mean "Listening for crows....before I have to eat them" lol. Seriously though, you can have your hat back, I can't even rebut this here:
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:

Good point. I didn't ask, 'cause I already fueled the discussion with criticism about the process of her treatment and cure ...
    Late to the party, but good point...if there is a transfusion of blood from Saul to CJ....if we keep this immunity theory alive.....is CJ immune now? she's got one leg, if they get over run, it's likely she gets bitten. I foresee an epic non-turning peg-leg moment....
    Likes Eviebae, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered

Welcome to the show and the forum! That alone earned you your first rep from me.
    Thanks! I appreciate that. Question, what does one do with rep points?

`
    And even if there are so many people remaining, I think you should consider a few things:
    -) a couple of the remaining people are more or less badly wounded, so during the first days (maybe even weeks depending on the type of bruises and trauma) they are not available for any work;
    -) also not everyone might be suitable for heavy duties on fixing the fortifications; important fact: the area of the Colony is quite huge, and if CJ plans a similar solid fortification with what she did in Dunbar, "fixing" the Colony's walls is more than just filling the holes;
    -) finally: besides the high priority tasks there are day to day activities like medical treatment, food-service, laundry service (Kelly, anyone?), garden duty etc., which need to be attended as well. So 80+ people are not around to work on the priority-shit only ... So 3-4 months didn't strike me as unlikely ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    So when the conversation happened with Tanya about the vote happening I believe most of the people were still in the hospital. I am assuming that most of the injured were still in the hospital as well, but I could be wrong about that. I'll have to go back and re-listen to it. Tanya is told that even if they had let 'non-colony residents' vote they still would have lost because they had 65 votes and that still would have been a majority. That could mean anywhere from 1-65 non-residents but guessing it somewhere in the 30-40 range (and like you mentioned some of those are still in the hospital). Anyway that is how I got my idea for how many people were left available to work.

Great points though on not everyone available for the heavy work, didn't think about that. Good call with Kelly on laundry duty too :-) I retract my statement about 4 months seeming ridiculously long. You have opened my eyes good sir haha

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by Unit9014 View Post
    Thanks! I appreciate that. Question, what does one do with rep points?
    Great points though on not everyone available for the heavy work, didn't think about that. Good call with Kelly on laundry duty too :-) I retract my statement about 4 months seeming ridiculously long. You have opened my eyes good sir haha
    Rep(utation) Points are one of two major ways to give forum-members kudos for what they do and write on this platform. It is this small STAR-SYMBOL below any entry/ posting of this forum.
    Below any forum-member-avatar there is this smaller or bigger row of green cuboids - the more one has, the bigger his reputation is. ; )
    And as for discussing and sharing thoughts: Anytime. What I did not have in mind was that CJ corrected her own estimation down to two months; so yes, maybe four months was kind of a stretch, but at least it did not seem too far off. So you raised a very important question there. I (try to) treat any bit of information and opinion shared on this forum about what is going on in the WA-show as a means to test my own understanding and knowledge of the show. So almost any posting is at least valid packed with a high value. So, thank you very much for raising the 4-months doubts, because it helped me to think about it and to draw a proper picture about what is going on. And besides this: 7odd and scbubba (and more) added some more spicy thoughts to it ... And things like this is probably the big plus of this forum!

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Sep 25th, 2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: hell, some major improvements to the writing were necessary ...
    Likes scbubba, Witch_Doctor, Unit liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

Green eyes? ; )
    No black like her soul she's acting like the harbinger of death towards Datu, all because her vision is fuzzy.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast