User Tag List

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    On thinking of other pockets of civilization, isn't there like this Mountain where all the high profile members of the executive branch and stuff supposed to go in the event of a hell-on-earth emergency? Or am I just thinking of Terminator 3 too much? Seriously though, isn't there some Mountain bunker currently in use where they store the countries secrets on mainframes and shit miles below rock?
    You're not making it up.

http://www.norad.mil/

NORAD located in Colorado. That covers the deep buried bunker part.

As for the information.....*shrug* There's something they don't want you to know....
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Another amazing episode! It's hard to imagine the United States reduced to one city of 150,000 and one military base in the Mojave Desert!
    I had the opposite reaction--that many made it? Yay! They have enough military to have a base? Yay.2!

General Thoughts (you don't have to salute)
    Personally, it immediately made me nervous that they'd put all humanity's eggs in one basket. I mean if Bolder Fails...

Didn't Puck get injured by Tanya? Nurse Brum gave him ice for it so maybe it was just a bruise. If did get scratched, he hasn't turned yet!
    I hope she gets a chance to explain before they shoot her. She must know she's immune and might know why.

Whatever the reason for Saul and Tanya's immunity--they must be part of a small portion of the population. After all, Colorado would have had access to the same medicines that Tanya did. But if only a small number of people could respond to a cure and/or were naturally resistant or immune to the cause--it would obviously fail on most people. Unless you chose one of the resistant people to treat, you'd never see it. Being immune rather than fighting off something temporarily also makes sense in that Saul didn't turn when exposed to a super dose of the haze.--something that might have overwhelmed an acquired immunity (maybe that's another reason CJ sent them?) The slow turner could have been partially resistant (only one recessive gene) or didn't have access to the cure.

One thing, if there was an explosion large enough to make cracks in the earth all over the world; why no earthquakes? Heck, even with explosions that big there'd be vibrations felt all over and no one mentions feeling any.

Did anyone spot the manipulation of Michael from the Col? You don't find out what's going on unless you sign...but it turns out that everyone else in the group found out just by passing the physical. I know, I know, he was under threat so it was both a carrot and a stick, but still. Most of what he was told even Puck knew. Maybe once the people leave he'll find out additional info.

Yeah, being in the army sucks, but it's such a pure example of the need for defense. Still, she almost fell apart over shooting Latch so maybe Pegs is fundamentally unfit. I'm betting one or some of them come back once they've rested. I wonder if they'll write each other?

So far the mechanism reminds me of a series of books I've been reading. Cheryl Priest has a Steampunk/Zombie series set in an alternate civil war. In it, Seattle is a walled "dead" city due to a volcanic/underground gas that has been released by tunneling. The gas immediately turns people into zombies. However, people process it into powder and sell it as a cheap drug...and I'm sure you can see what happens with that. Personally, I don't think the similarity hurts We're Alive as they are both original works and very different from one another. It just adds to the canon.
    Last edited by Eviebae; May 7th, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
    SKITTLES?

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    You're not making it up.

http://www.norad.mil/

As for the information.....*shrug* There's something they don't want you to know....

Thanks man! I was going crazy trying to remember what it was called. For some reason I kept thinking it started with a /T/. Curse you Mt. Tartarus!

Um, wtf? I keep trying to google map Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado to get an idea of how far it is from Boulder, but the fecking thing keeps showing Peterson AFB as being in Ohio? What the feck?

So anyway, North American Aerospace Defense Command appears to be near Colorado Springs, Colorado. A mere 100 miles south of Boulder. I wonder if there is anything there?
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Yeah, being in the army sucks, but it's such a pure example of the need for defense. Still, she almost fell apart over shooting Latch so maybe Pegs is fundamentally unfit. I'm betting one or some of them come back once they've rested. I wonder if they'll write each other?
    Yeah the whole Michael/Pegs being separated thing makes me think of the a soldier leaving for (or in this case staying at) the front lines while a loved one stays behind (or leaves for) the home front. And I think you may have thought of the perfect way for us to find out about what's going on in Boulder: letters!
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I suspect you won't find anybody home at NORAD. They've probably all bugged out via the Stargate.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I suspect you won't find anybody home at NORAD. They've probably all bugged out via the Stargate.
    Nah....they're there.

They're just locked in a never ending struggle with Joshua and games of Tic Tac Toe.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    @ Nik and Cabbage Patch... really guys? LOL!!!!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Lurker"

Status
    I feel bad for Saul
    I hate that they are making micheal stay while the others have to be shipped out.
    It sucks that thy have to be separated
    Hopefully not long

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Dammit all. This episode was amazing and awful in the best way.

"Oh look Datu's crying again."

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Just what we need zombie Egyptian gods and jafar. But if that meant RDA joined We're Alive crew all will be forgiven.

Datu "I'm going to crying"
    O'Neill "Oh for crying out loud!"

COL Kimmet "Who do you think you are?"
    O'Neill "Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?"
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; May 7th, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast