User Tag List

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Attacking the water pump

Lots of possibilities. Resource denial. The biters may have enough of their own water and they do not need the extra. Attack it to deny it to the colony. Scarcity of resources. Say lots of the biters live underground. They might have access to the aquifer from their own tunnels. If the humans are now trying to steal it with their well, maybe it is time to put a stop to it. Maybe they did plan to try and use it for themselves, but king Datu kicked their ass so they fled.
    Likes Unit, Merlin1274 liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

it gases me to say it, butt "potty talk" and "poop talk" rarely make it into a storyline, for good reason. it's just assumed that the characters' poop/pee are a natural occurance, and the writer doesn't have to display that for all to see. (i know Kalani peed, but that was a needed transition!)
    when's the last time you read:
    Michael: "Hey guys, wake up! We move out in 10."
    Robbins: "Just let me take a quick dump first. I ate a bad MRE last night."
    and then we hear it.

i was raised on poop talk with my family. sorry.

BACK TO THEORY CONTENT:
    i don't think the Zeds smelling the way they do (like poo) is anything to speculate. they simply don't have the clarity to pull down their pants when their tummybox starts rumbling. Consider TOWTM didn't 'smell', as far as we know. they even assumed he was a normal.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    The science of cells.

Let's just say this is a virus that causes the disease. A virus has to get from the host to the victim. When Tanya was bit she was in a hospital. She did one of the basic hygienic things. Wash the wound. This can have a few benefits. First, remove the bad stuff away from the wound and down the sink. However, there is something else that is a little more subtle. It could cause the blood cells in the wound to burst.

Osmotic Pressure

Basically, there are things in the cells that cannot get out of the cell, so water will try to go into the cell and dilute it. This causes the cell to swell and burst. This also could help prevent the contagion from getting a foothold. virus tries to get in a cell, it does, the cell bursts, the virus has to try again. Simplifying this, I know, but you get the idea

Datu was in the rain. He was getting washed, much like Tanya.

Let's replay what I think happened. Datu gets out of the truck to deal with the gate. My assumption is Glenn and Jay are in the truck and out of the rain. Glenn gets munched and dies. There is no coming back because this is more like 28 days later than the Walking dead. Jay gets infected, but is inside the truck. Datu is exposed, but keeps getting the wound washed. Even when Michael gets there and tries to sto the bleeding he can't. There is too much rain.

My guess, if Michal could have stopped the bleeding and prevented the rain and blood from washing the wound, Datu would have turned just like Jay. You heard the one about a horse names horse and a tuna sandwich saved Burt's life. Well, here is a story about a rainstorm and a person so sure that they were going to die that they did not bother to "properly" try and treat the wound that they actually lived.

Old school first aid is to stop the bleeding. Deal with a secondary infection later. But, here the disease is more of a threat than the blood loss. Let them bleed and wash the shit out of the wound. If the person bleeds to death, at least they do not come back. Cleaning the wound is the primary concern...

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Here another question, why was Jay a quick turner, Datu a slow turner and Glenn was killed, why was Glenn single out?
    Likes Unit, Cabbage Patch, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Here another question, why was Jay a quick turner, Datu a slow turner and Glenn was killed, why was Glenn single out?
    Maybe they didn't consider him important enough, since he was old but intelligent, while Jay was young, and somewhat smart; maybe he will be more useful to the zombie cause?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Jay: Even the Zeds knew he was a noob
    Glenn: easy pickin's? He had an aged-mustique flavor?
    Datu: They wanted to hear him cry? more drama in the Zeds life?

honestly, i think it has to do with the victims rather than the attackers.
    or maybe the circumstance surrounding the attack means different goals for the Zombies? Threat-level?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hi everyone.

About CJ:
    I don'T hate her. I simply don't like her because of the way she treats people around. She keeps a lot of things to herself instead of realizing the opportunities to put weight on many shoulders. And when things go bad, she does not realize that part of the blame is to be put onto herself. It is a devil's circle, if you like.
    BUT - and that is very important for me that anyone here understands this: I don't put more blame on CJ than she deserves. I especially do not draw conclusions like "because her attitute or demeanor is bad, she is responsible for anything going bad". The opposite is true. I really did not understand why Michael freaked out and pulled CJ from her one leg in order to show her what happened to Jay, Glenn, and Datu; and I don't accept him to blame CJ for anything that happened at the wind-mill-pumping station. And this applies for many smaller or bigger things - especially the fall of Dunbar: CJ was not responsible for that,
    In my opinion it is very true that CJ plans for her safety. But many (if not all) of her plans are about saving others as well - at least because she understands that humans as a breed or species may only survive because single persons cannot survive on his or her own. CJ has understood this, and she was and still is willing to take the responsibility by making people act together - how fucking cold-blooded or harsh this may ever turn out.

The discussion I had with Kc was about CJ telling and forcing Michael to understand that she knows the people a lot better than he does; and she concludes that therefore she cares a lot more about the individuals of the Colony than Michael does. Her speech obviously was impressive enough for Michael to shut the f*ck up. And I even actually agree with her, but I am not convinced about what she says. Because that scene reminded me of a dialogue from the movie "Good Will Hunting": "You may have read how the smell of the Sistine Chapel underneath the paintings of Michealangelo is in a book; but this is totally different from having experienced this yourself." CJ tells Michael that she knows a lot of facts about the members of the Colony; but I don't see the human spirit of CJ's guiding her in her decisions. This is different from Michael: Michael knows shit about the people around him - probably his biggest flaw; but all his decisions are based on what people see in the uniform he wears. It was Michael who told Saul and Angel to wear the uniform in order to help people find out who are the good guys; and ever since Michael did only act and think on behalf helping or supporting others, and he let everyone know and made most people get involved as well. CJ simply yells orders, and people start doing things behind her back, when they find a moment in which they don't feel observed ... So, in other words, CJ pulls people together, but she has no skills in making people start feeling responsible for each other and caring for each other, which in return leads to misbehaviour and maybe even distrust (people left Dunbar because of CJ's treatments).

Hard to put it in English words, if you are not a native speaker. But I hope I was able to point you at my opinion about CJ. I don't hate her, I only do not like her. And I don't like blaming her for shit hitting the fan if these things are beyond her decisions ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Great analysis, I agree with pretty much this whole thing.

One side note, not super critical, but it was Angel not Michael who pushed wearing the uniform.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    An just another question: why is there a wampa at the water station?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Now that you mention this ... Is it only me seeing a change in CJ's behaviour when she openly speaks with Pegs about the situations or when she seems to be open-minded about Glenn's and R2Da2's windmill project as well as the Mata-Gun? to me this was strange compared with her barking and yelling orders at almost everyone in earlier episodes ...

CJ is turning ... Not in terms of becoming a zomb, but in terms of re-exploring her human side ...

And no: She is not to be blamed for what happened to Jay, Glenn, and R2Da2. In #41-1 she told everyone that there was little risk involved, 'cause Glenn and R2Da2 were working on the windmill several times without any trouble around; so there was nothing unusual about her decision to allow them to work on and maybe finish the job with it ...

(I don't believe it. For several weeks now I actually defend CJ, although I don't like her ...)

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Liam, I have read your theories on CJ's character - do you think there could be anything more to her in terms of the whole story arc of WA?
    As I mentioned in another post, whilst she is recalling the attack on her tower to Saul & Victor when she first meets them, we are taken back to listen to the action unfold.
    She is left in the basement on her own, the Zeds are approaching & we here (presumably) Ink say 'leave her' - why do you think this is?
    Any connection to Datu being left alive too??
    Also on the theory of race, CJ & Datu are both from different racial backgrounds, as with Saul & Tanya etc... Is Ink aware of their slow turning?
    Was this a clue back then when he said to leave CJ alone?
    Interesting!!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Hear* - hate bad grammar! Lol

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast