User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

You asked for it: Little Ones by numbers:
    #2 at chinook crashside
    #5 at The Mallers ambush => tattoo was fresh, and pinstripes observered the ambush and probably the behaviour of Johnny #5, er, Little One #5
    #6/9 the one havin' taken down Roman
    #12 at the chinook take-off in Longbeach L.A.

The first two Little Ones ever encountered were at the military base in L.A.; and skittles mentioned their small size and funny walking; these were the only ones having had some slime-issue ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Having listened to WND #46 now I would like to add two more things:

Elisa Eliot - I hope so much that you are going to be better soon! This thing with going to Japan to unintentionally extend the vacation trip into a hospital sucks hell ...
    Greg Miller - mate, get better! NOW!

I am very sorry to learn that two so important and involved members of WA and WND are/ have been in a bad situation most recently ... I hope the both of you are doin' fine again - or at least will again soon!

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Just the correction you asked for on this week's WND.

I know that police are trained to shoot chest/waist=middle of the body because:
    1. It's an easier shot
    2. There are a lot of major organs (most) in that area to hit and take someone down.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    Just the correction you asked for on this week's WND.

I know that police are trained to shoot chest/waist=middle of the body because:
    1. It's an easier shot
    2. There are a lot of major organs (most) in that area to hit and take someone down.
    yes I know that part. I was asking if the military holds a different standard. I know shooting center mass be easier. It's a bigger target and much harder to move out of the way. But when you think of it, the standard issue weapons vary so greatly. An M-16 is certainly a different beast than a pistol.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    For non-infantry we were always trained to shoot center mass-

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    For non-infantry we were always trained to shoot center mass-
    I figured that would be the case but I didn't want to assume. Snipers/sharp-shooters are obviously a different story.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    yes I know that part. I was asking if the military holds a different standard. I know shooting center mass be easier. It's a bigger target and much harder to move out of the way. But when you think of it, the standard issue weapons vary so greatly. An M-16 is certainly a different beast than a pistol.
    For machineguns the Army teaches you to aim for the base of your target and "walk your fire in", i.e. slowly raise your aimpoint. This is partly due to the fact that the barrel of a machinegun tends to rise as you fire it, and this approach gives you better control. Also high velocity rounds will ricochet upwards and kick up rocks and other shrapnel so that even short rounds can be deadly.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    jeff goldblum is a wonderful supporting actor.

KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Hi Nick, haven't listened to the episode yet, and here's a little request: I know you guys do it in your spare time, having all sorts of crazy personal stuff going on, and I appreciate that, I really do, but I did not see the post for this episode out before the episode was recorded and I find it a bit hard to participate not knowing what/when/where the episode will come out.
    Since a regular schedule is simply impossible to maintain, and since you have to set up a date and time to record with your fellow hosts, would it be possible for you to open the forum post for questions etc and also specify "our rendez-cous on Skype to record this is three days from now"? You know, to give us a time frame.
    This could help you guys too, as I remember the second to last episode, if I recall correctly, when you recorded perfectly on time after the WA episode, and nobody expected that so you had almost no questions-interactions from the forum XD

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I figured that would be the case but I didn't want to assume. Snipers/sharp-shooters are obviously a different story.
    Sniper here. No center mass. It's also better to have someone alive and screaming. Not only is it good bait, it takes out many more people to carry the guy out and take care of him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast