User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    There's no doubt that each character that has made it this far is brave, but Datu was found hiding in the apartment when they found him.
    It's not like he was running around wrenching zombies before everyone showed up.
    He seems to be more of a pushover and the more he does out of character proves that.

I like Datu's character, he sometimes feels like he's the most "real" out of all of them, but I wouldn't ever say he's even close to the bravest character.
    Especially because he can't really endure pain. *SPOILER* Pretty much why most people don't like him.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lavitz View Post
    There's no doubt that each character that has made it this far is brave, but Datu was found hiding in the apartment when they found him.
    It's not like he was running around wrenching zombies before everyone showed up.
    He seems to be more of a pushover and the more he does out of character proves that.

I like Datu's character, he sometimes feels like he's the most "real" out of all of them, but I wouldn't ever say he's even close to the bravest character.
    Especially because he can't really endure pain. *SPOILER* Pretty much why most people don't like him.
    Datu was found trapped in the elevator because of the guy who killed himself in the bathtub. He wasn't in his apartment. And while he doesn't have the traditional bravery, he's brave in different ways. Like standing up to people who are stronger and more aggressive than he is like Burt and Michael.

How many other characters in the show have actually told Michael, and Burt to shut up and do it with extreme conviction and get both of them to back down?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Datu was found trapped in the elevator because of the guy who killed himself in the bathtub. He wasn't in his apartment. And while he doesn't have the traditional bravery, he's brave in different ways. Like standing up to people who are stronger and more aggressive than he is like Burt and Michael.

How many other characters in the show have actually told Michael, and Burt to shut up and do it with extreme conviction and get both of them to back down?
    Ah I thought he was hiding in the apartments*
    That definitely clears a bit more up about datu that I was a bit confused about.
    Even after listening to the story twice in such a short amount of time I still forget/mix stuff up.

He definitely has bravery in different ways, and I still think he is less of a baby than most make him out to be.
    *SPOILER* He has been through so much, and when I thought he was going to give up in the hummer after the stadium, he actually survived through shock.

"Lurker"

Status
    I haven't been around for awhile and didn't realize that some people have a hard on for Datu..
    But i like him..he's unique. Who hasn't known someone overly dramatic and a emotional ping pong like Datu?
    I also wonder if it's a sex thing..as in guys are more bothered by him than females.
    I was pretty tough on Pegs for all her whining... for a while...
    I think it bothers me more to see an inept crying female...might be the same for some guys..

"Lurker"

Status
    I have not read the rest of these posts yet, I will get there. However I like Datu. He is a good character. I don't get why folks don't like him, yes maybe if I read the rest of this thread I would. However, he is not an action character, he represents for me the average person, the nice quiet neighbors who look out for people. However with this said, I think we may find that Datu has an action hero deep down and there will be that moment that will surprise us all.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by irishzombiekiller View Post
    i have not read the rest of these posts yet, i will get there. However i like datu. He is a good character. I don't get why folks don't like him, yes maybe if i read the rest of this thread i would. However, he is not an action character, he represents for me the average person, the nice quiet neighbors who look out for people. However with this said, i think we may find that datu has an action hero deep down and there will be that moment that will surprise us all.
    qft.

"Scavenger"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Jesus. The first broad that bats her eyelashes at him and he's fucking heartbroken until the end of days. He wasn't with her long enough to develop feelings beyond 'hey, she's pretty... maybe we can hook up and have a relationship if we make it out alive... but we won't make it out alive... or at least one of us won't... it's in the script.' Enough is enough. The focus of the story seems to have shifted, Datu isn't weeping into his pillow every 8 seconds. Let's all move on.

As far as people's demeanour and how it effects those working around them? He's got to suck it up for the morale of all the survivors. You ever worked with someone who was bitchy or weepy constantly? I have and believe me that shit will wear on your nerves faster than a constant stream of walking dead ever would.
    I think I love you for this.

"Scavenger"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by IrishZombieKiller View Post
    I have not read the rest of these posts yet, I will get there. However I like Datu. He is a good character. I don't get why folks don't like him, yes maybe if I read the rest of this thread I would. However, he is not an action character, he represents for me the average person, the nice quiet neighbors who look out for people. However with this said, I think we may find that Datu has an action hero deep down and there will be that moment that will surprise us all.
    An "action hero down deep"? Umm...are you listening to the same podcast we are? LOL Now, I don't hate Datu. He has his purposes; he's good at fixing stuff. But he is is a whiney dude who needs a smack out of it occassionally. Action Hero? That just kills me. Guess we shall see...

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post

Here we go. That makes Datu the biggest badass ever. He's one of the few Burt has APOLOGIZED to.

I like all of the characters, even in their most annoying moments. Mostly because I love the actors that play them. The way they've interacted with us as fans is tremendous and awesome. Mostly because the actors have listened to the show and are invested in it, so they themselves are fans. They never seem to be above their fans and that is the problem with most big shot actors these days. They are treated like Gods and not only that but they act like them.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    In a number of ways Datu is better than an action hero. He and his tools have always been there to pull off the impossible repair (remember the generator full of bullet holes, the helicopter hydraulic line?) or to fix the inevitable battle damage to the Tower. He's not particularly aggressive about getting into the fighting, but we've never seen him run away from it, and he's always held his own. He's shown himself to be honorable, fair and reliable. He may be gullible, and more emotional than some people prefer, but that doesn't detract from his value to the team. It's a waste of time wishing Datu was more like Burt or Michael; if he were, our heroes would probably have died in the dark when the Tower collapsed, if they'd made it that far.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast