User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    raven has a good point that it may just be a resistnace and not immunity, think back to tommy turning, he had a gash on his neck and came into contact with Z blood after burt put a hole throught the jumper in the tower! he didnt turn straight away, he got angry/frustrated with auntie kelly first, it took longer than a few minutes as riley described in the early chapter.
    Saul has come into direct contact with zombies from day one so maybe the more time spent near/killing the more resistant you become?!?
    if the anti-biotics are protecting Saul we will find out in the next episode im sure, but why the fuss over tanya, the story line hasnt mentioned her using them and why would she? there must be a link bewtween the tinks!!!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    Does anyone remember the Jake Gyllenhall movie "Jarhead"? The solders were given untested drugs, just in case Saddam used sarin gas or something. What if that had something to do with Saul's not getting sick @ ground zero. So that would make Michael immune too. Not so sure about Angel, because he has never been in Iraq or Afghanistan. Of course the simplest theory is that the antibiotics are making him immune.
    I don't think it's likely that Saul would have gotten the anti-nerve agent drugs, though Michael may have. I know the anti-nerve agent drugs were definitly given to troops during the 1991 Iraq War and may have been given during the 2003 Invasion of Iraq. I don't think it was given to soldiers that deployed to Iraq after 2003, or to anyone that served in Afghanistan. We know that Michael was in Iraq around the time of the 2003 Invasion since he said that he helped create the Iraq "most wanted playing cards" that came out right after the invasion. There weren't any clues about when Saul was deployed, but his old unit, 10th Mountain Division, was only deployed to Afghanistan, never to Iraq.

"Lurker"

Status
    One thing we may be forgetting as far as immunizing things given in the army is the small-pox vaccine. When Michael brings the photo of Saul to Tanya, she recognizes the typical immunization scar/pattern associated with it. this is an immunization that Michael Saul and Angel would have all received. Tanya might have... anyways, its another theory.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Pfargtle View Post
    I think its time we got back to this thread, especially because of Tanya's reaction to going to the "weed" to be checked. Clearly she has something to hide (also shown in one of the previous chapters where she is wearing a coat "because shes cold" and refuses Michael's offer of a space heater) this means she's prolly bitten or has a suspicious injury of some sort.

Does anyone remember any other suspicious behavior from her? or when she could have been bitten? Could it have been way back when she was being dragged off by Randy? if so, the chance of her having an immunity is high IMO. If it was more recent than that, there is still the chance that she's immune but there's also the chance that she's just a slow turner.
    In the same scene where Micheal offers the heater she states that she has to keep moving. She, also, kept running back and forth to Micheal's room and and seemed pretty hyper. Other than that, she's always been a bit mean and obnoxious like.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    I don't think Tanya or Saul are immune at all. Tanya's extreme reaction to the examination was because of her experiences at the Colony. I believe that Tanya was going to be banished/executed from the Colony. They were going to kill her because she had bite scars.

Tanya is a veterinarian. I would think that throughout her career, every once in a while she would be bitten or scratched and that would leave scars. Tanya must have been examined by the Colony and been marked for death. The only thing that saved her was the Colony's need for medical personnel.

What would happen if Fort Irwin or the Commander found out that Tanya had bite scars?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Tanya..immune? or not?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    I don't think Tanya or Saul are immune at all. Tanya's extreme reaction to the examination was because of her experiences at the Colony. I believe that Tanya was going to be banished/executed from the Colony. They were going to kill her because she had bite scars.

Tanya is a veterinarian. I would think that throughout her career, every once in a while she would be bitten or scratched and that would leave scars. Tanya must have been examined by the Colony and been marked for death. The only thing that saved her was the Colony's need for medical personnel.

What would happen if Fort Irwin or the Commander found out that Tanya had bite scars?

Soooo...are you still sticking with her not being immune, after todays episode?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post

Soooo...are you still sticking with her not being immune, after todays episode?
    Heck yea! Well Tanya said "You dont understand" when they put her under. I would bet the doctors found the bite scar (from an animal bite) and since she is sedated she cannot explain.
    Last edited by GeneTwo; May 8th, 2012 at 03:18 AM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Okay... Why didnt Randy bite her? You dont understand would definitely apply to being immune too...dont cha think?
    She was all messed up too...she was 'up and working already' REALLY fast. I have read everything Zombie...I am pretty sure she is immune, I am going to go a little farther with it too..I think some badass perks comes with having 'partial Z virus'
    Last edited by Pandora; May 8th, 2012 at 05:37 AM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I'm starting to wonder about Tanya and Saul's "immunity". She may not be immune, but she may be one of them on a genetic level. I lost my tinfoil hat.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Hope is the answer I reckon.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast