User Tag List

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyoyo15 View Post
    I think it would be better to just raid like a superstore for over the counter medicine than it would be to tackle a hospital. It's probably safer... Both getting and taking the medicine... I could see it very easy to over dose on medicine in a hospital as opposed to a pharmacy.
    Definitely a valid point. I wouldn't counsel anyone to go to a hospital during the early stages of a zombie apocalypse, but remember the exercise was based on you already being there at the time of the outbreak.

The Superstore scenario seems like it offers both risks and advantages. You're definitely going to find a wider range of resources there, one-stop shopping for everything from food to medicines to (in some cases) guns and ammo. The potential down-side is that there would be more competition with other survivors for the resources there. I think you could pull it off, but you'd want to go in with friends, and ready for trouble.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Definitely a valid point. I wouldn't counsel anyone to go to a hospital during the early stages of a zombie apocalypse, but remember the exercise was based on you already being there at the time of the outbreak.

The Superstore scenario seems like it offers both risks and advantages. You're definitely going to find a wider range of resources there, one-stop shopping for everything from food to medicines to (in some cases) guns and ammo. The potential down-side is that there would be more competition with other survivors for the resources there. I think you could pull it off, but you'd want to go in with friends, and ready for trouble.
    I just really hope I wouldn't clam up in situations like this... I don't think I would turn into skittles or anything but I might forget about small vital things... Like how Michael forgot about an electricity back up plan... Honestly I believe the only people that will survive in an apocalyptic situation are the ones that can think on their feet... Honestly all these plans are what would happen in a perfect situation... But what would happen when like your car breaks down or you break an arm or something? You have to be able to go with the flow and keep a level mind. Those are the people that are going to survive. Although having a goal or overall plan is always helpful.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post

Good point, another place to consider would be walking/ outdoor shops. Many carry MRE's, Camelbaks (especially useful for travelling by bike or foot) and other useful goodies like camping stoves (for cooking your meal once the electricity's off).

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i think the better soloution is to have enough supplies stored up so you can hold out at least three weeks. then once some of the chaos has subsided you can venture forth and handle business. i would suggest hitting residences as those will likely have a little of everything stored up. i even have a neat lock pick set, you just have to be careful, if occupado you may get your fool head blown clean off, and then what?

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    i think the better soloution is to have enough supplies stored up so you can hold out at least three weeks. then once some of the chaos has subsided you can venture forth and handle business. i would suggest hitting residences as those will likely have a little of everything stored up. i even have a neat lock pick set, you just have to be careful, if occupado you may get your fool head blown clean off, and then what?
    Ideally yes but canned food goes off after a while so you'd have to be careful. And also I hate being the crazy guy buying all the disaster food in Tesco.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    nah bro, i got a couple boxes of MREs i oredered online, i keep them in a corner in my apartment. before you know it, bamm sonn, you got what you need. but not even that, buy perishable food at you regular interval, but every week by a couple xtra cans of food, stuff you know you'll eat, and rotate it into your food stocks. after awhile you've got three weeks of goods to survive on and then it's just maintanence.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Suppose. Have plenty of canned fruit in the house + soups. Living two hours from your nearest supermarket has its dis-advantages. Scurvy can be a problem, especially when the only fruit at the mom and pop shop is slowly composting on the store shelf.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Man I never thought about scurvy... Better stock up on limes. We also have this thing that packages any type of food do that it is air tight... Could come in handy for leftovers
    Last edited by yoyoyoyo15; May 1st, 2012 at 03:52 AM.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Sutic57
    If all hell breaks loose i have long range weapons,pistols,shotguns, assult weapons, and even crossbows Deffinately would have a decent amount of firepower to start with but will deffinatlly have to find other means along the way. as for location would go to dick's sporting goods then to walmart then to sam's club because there are large amounts of ammo and guns sam's club would be where i would make base untill i could find better i would try to gather as many survivors as possible then fortify the building and setup supply routes and parties and try to put everyone to work with the closest job to their abilities.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Plain and simple I would most likely DIE. Just saying tho I know plenty of friends with large amounts of weapons most likely I'd be food. But me and a co worker have talked about blocking off his neighborhood and building the walls higher. He'd be my best bet on where to go to start the process. And living in the town I do you defiantly wouldn't have to look far for supply's and ammo. If it hit la first were just far enough to get a head start.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast