Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I just checked, and the Los Angeles subway system does not run underneath Inglewood. Too bad, as that would have explained the presence of passageways below the water and sewage lines.
    No, but the Newport-Inglewood-Rose Canyon Fault Zone is.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    It seems obvious now that we're dealing with an incredibly ancient organism that was released from far below the surface of the Earth through the cracks as a result of shifting plates or a sink hole. Kc answered the eternal debate: What really killed the dinosaurs?
    Indeed. An ancient bacteria that was trapped deep under the Earth and released during a minor quake. Biologists have discovered bacteria living in rock strata a mile down... it's not that much of a stretch of the imagination that there is more to be discovered several miles down. The danger there is that It would likely disappeared from the surface of the Earth millions of years before primate evolution began. If the Inglewood cracks play out along these lines, I'd be curious to see if there are any insects surviving at "Ground Zero."

Doubtful, because it would seem that whatever it is it is killing the trees too... if that is the case and this thing kills everything, then I posit that this thing has been absent from the surface for nearly the entirety of Earths history. It would have emerged in the Archean Eon, then have been "sequestered" "shortly" thereafter. As hostile to life as this thing seems to be, it would have to be for the rest of evolution to have progressed.

Dr. Tanya did say that they tried the Super-Antibiotic cocktail on a "slow-burn" infected, but it didn't work. Perhaps Saul having it in his system before possible infection granted him immunity.

I just wish that I had posted my thoughts on this sooner. I already had the sub-surface bacteriological idea before this weeks episode. Hearing that there were cracks in the ground cemented it for me.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Apr 16th, 2012 at 09:17 PM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Between 3:30 and 3:47 I can hear sirens. Is this a sound mixing error or am I miss hearing something else?
    I think it is the vehicles rpms changing and wind?

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ericcartman View Post
    Saul makes the comment "...rotting bodies were scattered all over..." -- After 3 months, shouldn't the bodies be completely rotted and decomposed and not "rotting"?
    Not necessarily. Remember that there are no animals or insects and possibly not even normal decomposition bacteria living in the area. These all play a huge part in the rotting process. So it would only be the affect of the weather. The bodies are probably more like ones that are covered and sealed in a 'normal' situation.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1

Lightbulb

In association to all i'm plugging three things together from what we learned today. And it could be far fetched i admit that.
    1. Cracks that go far underground from (possibly) a minor earth quake. That they beileve could be a gas leak
    2. Way back when in chapter one Michael hears a boom that makes him leave his classroom
    3. Many almost all zombies turn within seconds or a minute.

Could this 'boom' be from ground zero?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    In association to all i'm plugging three things together from what we learned today. And it could be far fetched i admit that.
    1. Cracks that go far underground from (possibly) a minor earth quake. That they beileve could be a gas leak
    2. Way back when in chapter one Michael hears a boom that makes him leave his classroom

OH alex freaking awesome idea! how far was Michael from ground zero?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Lemme throw this around

The buildings on the street had burned. Burned...not blown up..leads me to believe gas line breaks...not gas line booms...im putting something together in my head...
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    O... M... G...

I just saw this quote on the "Favorite Quotes", where Datu says to Michael "Michael, I've seen some scary things in my life...but Kelly? Like that?" That is Kelly naked and wet, because of showering.

So we know that Kelly is horny. Was she trying to get IT ON with Datu way back when!!! First Kalani now Datu. Ok, It happened to Datu first, but still.
    Last edited by GeneTwo; Apr 16th, 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Lemme throw this around

The buildings on the street had burned. Burned...not blown up..leads me to believe gas line breaks...not gas line booms...im putting something together in my head...
    Todd, we both know I've not got great understanding of mechanics but help me understand. Wouldn't a blown up gas line make a boom then the burn would happen? Which could be what Michael heard at school?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post

Again the problem I have with this is the timing and perhaps the location of the University/College in relation to Inglewood. If there was an underground explosion of that sort of level that he could hear, then it is likely that the might have felt the ground move. To make cracks in the ground of that size it needs to be a reasonable major jolt.
    An earthquake or explosion wasn't something that any of the reports they collected in the Tower mentions. It seems to be likely that might have come up at some point.
    Also, he left class and depending on how long it took to find a TV there were already reports from the news stations which would seem to fast to me.

On the other hand I have no other explanation for how this occurred at all.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    Again the problem I have with this is the timing and perhaps the location of the University/College in relation to Inglewood. If there was an underground explosion of that sort of level that he could hear, then it is likely that the might have felt the ground move. To make cracks in the ground of that size it needs to be a reasonable major jolt.
    An earthquake or explosion wasn't something that any of the reports they collected in the Tower mentions. It seems to be likely that might have come up at some point.
    Also, he left class and depending on how long it took to find a TV there were already reports from the news stations which would seem to fast to me.

On the other hand I have no other explanation for how this occurred at all.
    And this is what I'm wrapping my head around...did the cracks cause the boom..or the boom cause the cracks...when your given so little info..the natural progression is to tie them together
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast