Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke Steele View Post
    But it they are starving and they are cannibals, then why don't they attack each other?
    Theoretically, I don't know if you're vegetarian or not, wouldn't you rather eat a cow/pig/any animal than another human?
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    They do eat one another. They just don't attack other creatures just yet. We do know they stay the hell away from the behemoths. That tells me they're at the top of the food chain, so to speak.
    How about this: The stronger the infected person's will power was in "life" affects their transformation. We already know the smarter they were translates post infection.
    New things i've noticed:

Burt was calling Michael "Buck Sergeant" which is weird. Burt's a Gunny, which is USMC. Michael is USA. Buck Sergeant was what we in the USAF used to call our E4's until 91 early 92 when the rank was phased out. It was kinda weird to hear that (with my Air Force ears at least).
    So, I'm thinking Burt was trying to demean Mike by calling him a baby sergeant! LOL..
    Maybe KC can shed some light on that.

There are too many creatures for them all to fall under Ink's control. The ones who slept around Burt's shop tells me that much.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I agree with you on that "buck sergeant" comment. Taken in context, Burt was trying to be a smartass. Not sure I blame him. Michael could have been more respectful there when they met. Might have made their relationship turn out to be more productive. A Gunny Sgt with combat experience is hopefully an asset and not an enemy... but Michael isn't much of a team-builder sometimes.
    Last edited by wooly; Feb 1st, 2011 at 07:20 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Hollo,
    I would actually have to say that Managers are asses and leaders can have asslike tendencies. Mike has tendencies heightened by the situation. You can see that because people follow him.
    Leaders are always charismatic in one way or another. Leaders also can fall and rise. Mike fell because he has quilt over the party.
    Sure, it was a very stupid thing to do, but he made a decision and stuck with it. That's what leaders do as well. If it was a crappy choice, you take responsibilty and move on. In the case of war (which this is) bad choices can and will get you replaced.
    I do think KC and crew should change Shirley's sound. It needs more BOOOM! I've only been around Glock 21's and they're loud as hell, so I can imagine what a .50 sounds like. You most def know when a large caliber gun is fired.
    anyway, i'm getting off topic.

1. Burt's stuff: They NEED to get back there. They're badly outnumbered and outgunned.
    Sending just Angel and Kalani to get the MRE's wasn't a smart move. They need at least one extra person for overwatch.

2. Michael is impulsive

3. Lizzy and Riley seem to have the coolest heads on their shoulders.

4. Skittles at one point actually sounded pissed that Angel and Kalani were talking about him while he was right there. I noticed his voice got deeper and more confident.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Hollo,
    I would actually have to say that Managers are asses and leaders can have asslike tendencies. Mike has tendencies heightened by the situation. You can see that because people follow him.
    Leaders are always charismatic in one way or another. Leaders also can fall and rise. Mike fell because he has quilt over the party.
    Sure, it was a very stupid thing to do, but he made a decision and stuck with it. That's what leaders do as well. If it was a crappy choice, you take responsibilty and move on. In the case of war (which this is) bad choices can and will get you replaced.
    I don't think you should be so quick to criticize Michael. Yes hes and ass at times but he has to be in order to keep everyone protected. When things went to hell everybody decided that there had to be someone of authority in charge, they also decided the person in charge should be blamed if something goes wrong. Maybe he made a few bad decisions here and there, but if you look at the big picture you see that the civilians he was overlooking weren't so good either. They screwed some things up as well like letting the smart zombie in, not watching the supplies when things went bad and trying to revolt when the shit hit the fan. I just think you should look at the situation at both sides before you say he wasn't a good leader that only did what was best for the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    Theoretically, I don't know if you're vegetarian or not, wouldn't you rather eat a cow/pig/any animal than another human?
    I meant the Zombies are cannibals and they don't seem to have a problem eating anything. Personally, I would rather become a vegan before I become a cannibal.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    That wasn't me. I was saying Mike has asshole tendencies, but ISN'T and asshole. I agree that he had a big load (one that he took upon himself though) and he needed to keep people in line.
    Chapter 18 has me reevaluating my overall opinion of his character though. Right now, he and Pegs are perfect for one another. They're both pissing me off to no end. I would say i'm looking at Sgt Cross with a Jaundiced eye though. He's just not acting like an experienced vet.

"Gatherer"

Status
    You're right I should have read that more carefully, you're also right on the pegs and michael thing. Neither STFU and are endlessly annoying. But what I wonder if it was the burden that made him lose his common sense and become such an ass.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Man, I don't know. Maybe he just needs to get a quickie in with Pegs. Maybe she'll calm the hell down too. It's like her learning curve is jacked! She didn't learn from the time she was with Saul and Burt when Scratch was pointing the gun at her.
    She's practically pulling a Dorthy on the Yellow Brick road in 18. LOL.
    Kelly was the only one sounding like she had some sense when she was talking about the extra mouths to feed.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    It's like her learning curve is jacked! She didn't learn from the time she was with Saul and Burt when Scratch was pointing the gun at her.
    That was Lizzy.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast