User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Article: The Voodoo Lounge: Chapter 19 Predictions

~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Nice read, but maybe you'd want to change the layout:
    The black text is barely readible.

Just my $0.02

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    It was more readable on the forum. When I promoted it to an article, the backgrounds are slightly darker.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I went back and forth on text colors for a long time on the blog. I wanted the headings to be different so they would stand out, but perhaps black was too bold a choice for even the blog. The white headlines just didn't separate that well and no other color I looked at did the job.

I'll keep exploring and figure out something for the next installment. Your two cents have been deposited into my bank account. Thank yo for your donation.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure who said there isn't a lot left for Team Tower to do, but I gotta ring the disagree bell.

1. Burt's store is still out there and needs to be revisited.
    a. The Mallers still pose a threat.
    b. They have the man power, weapons and the will to use them.
    2. Another run to the reserve station to gather more MRE's, left over ammor/weapons and other useful equipment.
    a. They NEED to kill "Arrowhead"
    b. create hunting teams
    3. Find a "Plan B" place to stay.

4. Work on a better perimeter defense

5. Go back to the power plant

Once Angel and Kalani get back they can catch some Z's and get patched up.
    Angel can take care of Saul once he's stiched up. That frees up Lizzie for a mission.
    We...er, they have enough people in the tower to go on out. Burt's not a tactician, he's a shooter and so is Lizzie.
    Kalani and Angel relay the intel from their outting to Burt.
    A new team is dispatched with Burt, Lizzie and a couple "Star Trek Crew members" (you know, the ones who always went down with Kirk and crew, but ended up taking a dirt nap)...
    Bam! there you have it.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    I'm not sure who said there isn't a lot left for Team Tower to do, but I gotta ring the disagree bell.

1. Burt's store is still out there and needs to be revisited.
    a. The Mallers still pose a threat.
    b. They have the man power, weapons and the will to use them.
    2. Another run to the reserve station to gather more MRE's, left over ammor/weapons and other useful equipment.
    a. They NEED to kill "Arrowhead"
    b. create hunting teams
    3. Find a "Plan B" place to stay.

4. Work on a better perimeter defense

5. Go back to the power plant

Once Angel and Kalani get back they can catch some Z's and get patched up.
    Angel can take care of Saul once he's stiched up. That frees up Lizzie for a mission.
    We...er, they have enough people in the tower to go on out. Burt's not a tactician, he's a shooter and so is Lizzie.
    Kalani and Angel relay the intel from their outting to Burt.
    A new team is dispatched with Burt, Lizzie and a couple "Star Trek Crew members" (you know, the ones who always went down with Kirk and crew, but ended up taking a dirt nap)...
    Bam! there you have it.
    I didn't mean to imply with my Tower Plot Line prediction that there wasn't things for the Tower to accomplish. As you pointed out, there is loads they can do. What I was predicting was exactly who becomes the next person we follow around in the story telling point of view. Like, we've just seen a storyline from Angel and Kalani. That storyline (in theory) has wrapped up. Who do we follow now? That's what I meant.

And now as always with any post of yours, there's so much to respond to!! And I love it!
    1. Yes, they need to revisit the store, but as long as Burt is in charge and the status quo remains the same they won't. Burt doesn't "want to put all his eggs in one basket"
    a) Yes they do, but I think they are still licking their wounds and won't risk the same sort of attack on the Tower again.
    b) absolutely agree.
    2. True, but as long as Angel and Kalani make it back to the Tower unscathed they shouldn't need to make a MRE run for a little while. What they secured should be enough to last them a while (plus they have flak jackets now, score!)
    a. They don't need to kill arrowhead. You just want it to happen. Arrowhead might gain an Ink like status where he's just always around and they get a better idea of how far these things travel and how quickly etc etc
    b. I don't think that would become a priority under Burt. They are low on ammo, and hunting parties would use ammo. They need bullets for their defense, and going on an offensive would be a poor tactical plan.
    3. Agreed
    4. If they are intent on leaving the tower, using resources on perimeter defense is wasteful.
    5. Have they been to a power plant? They went to the water works, but by the sounds of it, it's pretty messed up now and probably not functional.

Again, you are right about how all this could shake out. But the whole thing about my predictions is they are intended for just the upcoming chapter, and I don't know what the focus of the tower will be because there are too many options available at the moment. It's easier to make a prediction about M/P/K's situation because they are in the middle of a story arc vs. on the tail end/end of one.

And the correct term you are looking for is red shirts Red Shirts were always the ones who got killed, unless you were Ensign Ricky and you were in Family Guy.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I went back and forth on text colors for a long time on the blog. I wanted the headings to be different so they would stand out, but perhaps black was too bold a choice for even the blog. The white headlines just didn't separate that well and no other color I looked at did the job.

I'll keep exploring and figure out something for the next installment. Your two cents have been deposited into my bank account. Thank yo for your donation.
    You could try various shades of blue, green, or turqoise.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I did, but for personal reasons I don't really want to get into, I settled on black quickly and auto-published the blog on Monday morning.

I understand it was harder to read than needed to be. I will look into more and easier to read color selections for Chapter 20.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough. Whatever happened, hope it works out!
    Personal things are far more important than a blog regarding fiction, so I understand your choice.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
    Fair enough. Whatever happened, hope it works out!
    Personal things are far more important than a blog regarding fiction, so I understand your choice.
    It's worked out as well as it could. I do promise to make it more legible come March!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast