User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your Zombie-Apocalypse Profession?

When the zombie apocalypse comes, assuming you survive long enough to group up with a bunch of other survivors what would your likely job be?
    If your current profession is applicable it would probably decide your job. A doctor or a soldier would most certainly be needed. Otherwise, you can think about special skills and hobbies.

Example:
    I'm a student going into a major that doesn't really apply to the zombie apocalypse. So instead, my other traits come into play.
    1.I am a night person, I can stay up until 6 or 7 in the morning easily. This doesn't help much in the current world, but it would prove useful since we would need a lookout.
    2.I'm learning multiple languages so I might also serve as a translator.
    3.I helped in construction for a year, so I also know the basics of construction and am relatively fit. So I could help out a lot with the defenses.
    Last edited by cPT.cAPSLOCK; Mar 15th, 2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Made the title a little clearer (to avoid future misunderstandings)

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikaro View Post
    When the zombie apocalypse comes, assuming you survive long enough to group up with a bunch of other survivors what would your likely job be?
    If your current profession is applicable it would probably decide your job. A doctor or a soldier would most certainly be needed. Otherwise, you can think about special skills and hobbies.

Example:
    I'm a student going into a major that doesn't really apply to the zombie apocalypse. So instead, my other traits come into play.
    1.I am a night person, I can stay up until 6 or 7 in the morning easily. This doesn't help much in the current world, but it would prove useful since we would need a lookout.
    3.I helped in construction for a year, so I also know the basics of construction and am relatively fit. So I could help out a lot with the defenses.
    First of all, Cool post +1

I work for a communications company, I would be able to set up a security system and internal network. You can't live in South Dakota w/o being proficient in at least one type of rifle/shotgun.
    Also am quite the handyman, so helping fortify "the tower" and general up keep.
    Oh, and I spent 8 years as a Chef, so my cooking would be better than Pegs.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikaro View Post

Example:
    I'd be decoy. As in the one that gets eaten while all the other more qualified survivors get away.

That's a pretty important job. Ain't it?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Well I am a graphic artist, so that's not going to come into play very much. But in that same sense, I do have a bit of creativity in my head so I could easily throw out some good ideas. Ummm, I have very strong legs and am a fast runner.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Electrician , i would be dead the first day of any outbreak.I have asthma - DONE !

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    too bad im a comp sci major, im pretty much useless in the zombie apocalypse hahaha, but i can run like hell and i know how to shoot, so thats gotta count for something right? if i could pick a job, i'd prly wanna try intell, with angel and michael, but that seems to be an exclusive club so i'd prly try for motorpool
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    too bad im a comp sci major, im pretty much useless in the zombie apocalypse hahaha, but i can run like hell and i know how to shoot, so thats gotta count for something right? if i could pick a job, i'd prly wanna try intell, with angel and michael, but that seems to be an exclusive club so i'd prly try for motorpool
    Wait, computer science major? In what area? You might be more useful now!

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    Yeah, I've got a degree in electrical engineering. And now going for a 4 year for computer science too.

I can see that i'd have to team up with Ra1th, cause he wants to do exactly the same things I wanna do. I'm a skinny man, so I'll be able to out run them pretty easy, as long as I give up smoking. Zombies don't think smoking makes you look cool BTW. haha

"Scavenger"

Status
    Yeah.... I have no education and work in a call center. I suppose I would go where I was needed. Be on patrol or supply runs. That kind of stuff. As long as I was with someone experienced with firearms and was taught how to use one I wouldn't mind where I was.

Also, my food isn't gruel. I could cook stuff at times if there wasn't anyone better :P

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I have decent medical knowledge, as my family contains several doctors. Also, my brother is going to med school, so when I'm home, I often pick up stuff from conversations between him and my father (who's also a doctor) too.

Other skills that might be valueable are that I don't get stressed out quickly, and I can quickly analyse what's happening and where things (could) go wrong. Because of that, I can keep a view on the bigger picture, while people with more specific skills or knowledge can focus on the aspects that they know best.

Additionally, I'm pretty good at math and physics (if we'd ever need to know something like how long the fuel in the generator would last, when improving its efficiency, etc.) and I'm good with boats. If we'd ever find one, whether it has sails and/or an engine), I've got a few years of experience with them that can help us repair and use it. Some of this knowledge can also be used in different situations, for example by building vehicles similar to beach sailers.

Finally, if the outbreak can wait a couple of years I'll have my Bachelor and Master for Mechanical Engineering.

There's one massive downside to having me on the team, however: I'm not very mobile. I can walk at a regular pace for roughly ten minutes, but after that I'll need two hours to sit or lay down, coupled with some painkillers.
    (I guess that renders me safe from having to go on patrols though ^^)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast