User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    Which makes me wonder what it is that Marcus has on him! Or who he still has in the Colony... He never did answer the questions about if he had a family did he?
    So its probably something like, you run away we kill your family.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    So its probably something like, you run away we kill your family.
    Perhaps. I would bet he isn't married though. With the inquisitive nature he's been viewed by all three of them one would hope they'd notice a ring on his finger. Especially Kelly. She would definitely key on that being the observant lawyer she is.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Perhaps. I would bet he isn't married though. With the inquisitive nature he's been viewed by all three of them one would hope they'd notice a ring on his finger. Especially Kelly. She would definitely key on that being the observant lawyer she is.
    Kelly did notice. "Looks like you were married before. Is your wife here, too?"

Victor: "No."

"Got any kids?"

He never replied to that, so it's entirely feasible that he's got family there that he's looking after. Also, don't forget that there's more than wife and kids. There's parents, siblings, friends, etc.

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I remember this being brought up in a topic somewhere but I couldn't find it or the answer to it anywhere so I figured I'd just break it out into it's own thing here.

in 17-2 Fernando and Victor speak to each other in Spanish. It also seems to be a pretty sizable amount of dialogue that could contain some vital information about the Colony. And of course being a proud American citizen, I only speak English!!! (...ok well, a little French too because that's the language I studied in high school and college...). So I'm woefully ill equipped to translate what they said to each other before the wave attacked them.

Did anyone/can anyone translate what they said?
    I recall Victor telling Fernando to go outside and point his weapon at Michael. Victor then comes out and says he'll take over from here. Victor also asks Fernando if he's heard anything from Marcus yet to which Fernando replies "no". Fernando asks if they should take the group in,....Victor replies by saying that they should let this group go and that Marcus doesn't need to know about this. I posted a thread on "theories" about Victor and who he could possibly be,...what are his motives?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    Kelly did notice. "Looks like you were married before. Is your wife here, too?"

Victor: "No."

"Got any kids?"

He never replied to that, so it's entirely feasible that he's got family there that he's looking after. Also, don't forget that there's more than wife and kids. There's parents, siblings, friends, etc.
    Good catch. Thanks for correcting me

"Scavenger"

Status
    No problem. I also noticed the tone in which he said, "No". Like there was more to it than just a straightforward negative. In the regular non-zombified world, I'd take it to mean either that they're estranged or she died recently, but in the zombie world - and especially in The Colony - I dunno.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Now that I've relistened to it and know it exists as opposed to before...It sounds like his wife is indeed dead, but its a raw wound that hasn't had time to heal. Sort of like how Lizzy was right after she arrived at the Tower. But it's not the same level of relationship as a marriage. Her relationship with biker dude was lashing out at Daddy dearest. She obviously dealt with it just fine when she got herself reattached to Saul...she needs a shrink for herself to figure out her Father Figure issues.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    For someone who just lost a family member, Kelly SHOULD have known better. If Victor was married or had kids, they were killed prior to the Colony. Remember, he says "I" got here later.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    That's pretty racist.

Which makes me wonder what it is that Marcus has on him! Or who he still has in the Colony... He never did answer the questions about if he had a family did he?
    I don't think Marcus really has anything on him. Victor just realizes that however bad the colony is, it's way better than being alone during the zombie apocalypse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12