User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

No Habla Espanol

I remember this being brought up in a topic somewhere but I couldn't find it or the answer to it anywhere so I figured I'd just break it out into it's own thing here.

in 17-2 Fernando and Victor speak to each other in Spanish. It also seems to be a pretty sizable amount of dialogue that could contain some vital information about the Colony. And of course being a proud American citizen, I only speak English!!! (...ok well, a little French too because that's the language I studied in high school and college...). So I'm woefully ill equipped to translate what they said to each other before the wave attacked them.

Did anyone/can anyone translate what they said?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    ok so my spanish isn't fantastic but from what I understood Fernando first tells Victor not to get crazy and then Victor tells Fernando to come outside with his gun. The Fernando asks if they're taking them with them and Victor says that Marcus doesn't need to know. That's when they get the call on the radio...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    ok so my spanish isn't fantastic but from what I understood Fernando first tells Victor not to get crazy and then Victor tells Fernando to come outside with his gun. The Fernando asks if they're taking them with them and Victor says that Marcus doesn't need to know. That's when they get the call on the radio...
    And for this you rock. That sheds some light on Victor. Even then he didn't want to get Marcus involved, so I guess the question remains unchanged: Why?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Another good question is why is he so vehemently against them coming while Fernando didn't seem to care? Maybe not everyone in the compound hates it?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

If you listen to Pete he sounds happy as a pig in...yeah. The gatekeeper doesn't seem to mind his position though its hard to tell with his severely blase/matter of fact attitude. So I imagine there are at least a portion of the Colony residents who are just fine with their situation.

Perhaps Fernando was still drinking the Marcus kool-aid. Could be that most people (barring Victor, Hope and potentially Tanya) in the Colony have elevated Marcus to an unhealthy level because he rescued them in some manner so they treat him as a messiah figure: All powerful, never wrong etc etc.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    The Colony = illegal immigrants

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Some people are probably privy to information the Serfs just don't need to know. Marcus could very well be building a cult

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    Another good question is why is he so vehemently against them coming while Fernando didn't seem to care? Maybe not everyone in the compound hates it?
    Maybe thats why there was more than one person in the scout groups. If Victor was alone he could run away, but with Fernando there he has to stay because Fernando is apparently loyal to the colony, Victor not so much.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Maybe thats why there was more than one person in the scout groups. If Victor was alone he could run away, but with Fernando there he has to stay because Fernando is apparently loyal to the colony, Victor not so much.
    Once Fernando was dead and Victor wanted to escape, why didn't he enlist the help of Michael, Pegs and Kelly to help him escape. If he truly, in his heart of hearts, wanted to escape he was given the perfect opportunity and he didn't take it.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    The Colony = illegal immigrants
    That's pretty racist.

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Once Fernando was dead and Victor wanted to escape, why didn't he enlist the help of Michael, Pegs and Kelly to help him escape. If he truly, in his heart of hearts, wanted to escape he was given the perfect opportunity and he didn't take it.
    Which makes me wonder what it is that Marcus has on him! Or who he still has in the Colony... He never did answer the questions about if he had a family did he?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast