User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    "Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Minor remaining questions

So - the show is over but there are still some questions left unanswered.

1. Do the survivors still see themselves as citizens of the U.S. or do they think that the USA will reappear some day in the future?

2. Does Ink have any hobbies besides conducting his evil experiments? Does he even sleep?

3. Did anyone from the upper class survive the zombiecalyse? Most of the survivors seem to be members of the middle class / the military / lower class (Datu)

4. If there are corpulent people in the future described in the epilogue, will they be bullied because they contradict the "If you cannot run, you are done" credo and might be therefor regarding as a burden to the other survivors?

5. What form of government has been established over the years at the colony? A democracy, an autocracy or communism? In that regard, did the survivors reestablish a currency which might be helpful for certain forms of government which allow private property.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Storm, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

The first two questions run through my mind often too. Such as, was Kimmet the de facto leader of the U.S? Did he have authority over the mayor of Boulder?

As for Ink sleeping, Micheal did mention there being a bed in his secret lair, underground. But, I wondered what else did he do. Was he all work and no play? What did he eat? Did he know he was a zombie? Did it bother him? Did he have a zombie girlfriend?

Kelly was a lawyer, Angel was from a rich family and Burt didn't exactly have a stockpile of cheap weapons. I think what people did before the outbreak pretty much didn't matter afterwards unless they could use their talents.
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    The first two questions run through my mind often too. Such as, was Kimmet the de facto leader of the U.S? Did he have authority over the mayor of Boulder?

As for Ink sleeping, Micheal did mention there being a bed in his secret lair, underground. But, I wondered what else did he do. Was he all work and no play? What did he eat? Did he know he was a zombie? Did it bother him? Did he have a zombie girlfriend?

Kelly was a lawyer, Angel was from a rich family and Burt didn't exactly have a stockpile of cheap weapons. I think what people did before the outbreak pretty much didn't matter afterwards unless they could use their talents.
    Yeah, if Ink did not sleep, he had A LOT of time to plan and prepare. And it was never confirmed what his diet was, was it?

And yes, you are quite right about Kelly, WD, she is likely to have earned some money. http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/lawyer/salary. However, I guess that it is safe to state that the zombiecalyse eradicated the upper class. Wupps, sorry Forbes, no fancy lists anymore: http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/2/#tabverall.

One last salute to Kimmet, a hommage to episode 36 - just a simple song.

Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Here's another minor question. I don't know if this has been dealt with before.

In the episode where Datu is a captive in the arena he said that he was living to see his kids again. At what point did he give up on ever seeing them again, or did he give up before he died? We never hear anything more about him wanting to get to them again.
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by iMenchi View Post
    Here's another minor question. I don't know if this has been dealt with before.

In the episode where Datu is a captive in the arena he said that he was living to see his kids again. At what point did he give up on ever seeing them again, or did he give up before he died? We never hear anything more about him wanting to get to them again.
    Though I have not good answer to this question, I guess that he realized it soon after the outbreak. The events at the arena and the fate of his own children made him fight like a lion for Hope's safety. Literally, Datu was a good character.
    Likes Merlin1274, Gooer, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    My question - what's Peg's backstory with guns?

She won't touch them in season 1, yet in season 2 she takes one & tells Michael that she can handle it (& she does).

So where did she learn & why does she hate?
    Likes DagnyTag liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGirl View Post

She won't touch them in season 1, yet in season 2 she takes one & tells Michael that she can handle it (& she does).

Maybe it'll be explained in Tales of We're Alive....?

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    5. What form of government has been established over the years at the colony? A democracy, an autocracy or communism? In that regard, did the survivors reestablish a currency which might be helpful for certain forms of government which allow private property.
    I think that due to there being a council, it must be a democracy based system, where they are the general power holders, like a parliament, possibly having equal power, where then the citizens vote on whatever topics.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGirl View Post

I think that it was mentioned by Kc in one of the last MickRed fancasts. A friend of her was killed by a gun in rather unpleasant way. But this only answers half of your questions.
    Likes Kc, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    I think that due to there being a council, it must be a democracy based system, where they are the general power holders, like a parliament, possibly having equal power, where then the citizens vote on whatever topics.
    It might be the case but it might also be valid to estimate that a(n)

- autocracy
    - technocracy
    - gerontocracy (Burt rules!)
    - matriarchy (go, go, CJ!)
    - meritocracy (well, how many zombies did you kill?)
    - politeia was established, too.

It appears to me that the current form of government is not a pure democracy. For example, all colonists have to enlist and are called up for military service. I do not know if someone is regarded to be equal among equals.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast