User Tag List

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    You know, I thought Raydon was making body building stuff, but having a genius like Ink on staff seems way above body builder supplement level know how.
    True, but it makes sense actually. If Radon was simply in the business of manufacturing pharmaceutical grade body building supplements, then Dr. Roberts was overqualified for the company... However if Radon was not only manufacturing but also engineering them, researching for the next big breakthrough for better living through science and chemistry, with the ultimate goal being designer humans... then yes, Dr. Roberts was exactly the man they needed.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Unless it's been modified in some way whatever this is causes awfully complex and uniform changes. Maybe it's something that was previously undetected but made people more aggressive when they gathered in groups--causing road rage etc.

7Odd, you don't have to look hard to see real world examples of people who've had their brains rewired by trauma or disease. "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat" would be a good source to build up from. The thing that would interest me is people finding ways to find common ground. Like the little girl with aphasia, she is communicating, not just with words.
    Likes Tar Heel Fan liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    Episode 43-3 is going to be crazy..........

Lets keep in Mind the Chapter is called "The Darkness Ahead"...............

As we currently sit there seems to be(a least for the current situation) a lot of "Happy" things ahead..... A Baby is Coming, A Wedding is in the works, Plans are being made to spread out so that everyone can keep living, etc, etc, etc.........

Now........ Somewhere in all of that............ The Bad Things(or Darkness) need to start happening........

I'm gonna say hang on to your seats for 43-3 Ladies and Gents!!!!
    I'm thinking Scratch and Tardust will do something that'll rustle our jimmies..... Hopefully Saul doesn't die; not sure how i would cope.....

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    I heard it, but I think it's more on the order of him planning something that he thinks could/would get himself killed--something to keep his family safe. I'm hoping he gets some information instead. KC doesn't often conform to the status quo so I am hoping. I enjoy his character and the actor so I would miss him lots. On the other hand Saul's shown excellent instincts before (like his Mom and dog were still alive).

What if he's attacked and doesn't change?
    He can get his own zombie army then they can fight west side story style there's the musical episode.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Zombie: The universal language! I wonder if all zombies can read/speak this new language, no matter what language they spoke before turning.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel Fan View Post
    Zombie: The universal language! I wonder if all zombies can read/speak this new language, no matter what language they spoke before turning.
    Have you ever wanted to speak zombie now you can with Rosetta Stone zombie language software. Wow your friends with moans and groans and learn to shuffle or run just like a zombie.
    Likes Eviebae, Tar Heel Fan, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    @mr.redbeard

dimensions is a strong word. lizard or animal puts me in a reptilian mindset.. an I got hosed the last time I even mentioned the word "alien"

think of it this way, our senses feed their input though our body and into our brain. what if your brain began to process that info in a different way? and what if that change happened uniformly to everyone bitten/infected? I admit its far out there stuff. but it still retains some level of plausible explanation. while I could totally see the misdirection in the cliffhanger being we jump to these conclusions of a zom-diction, when its just tagalog hes reading...

think about just how well set up this situation is... datu, the only character (I believe) to have any type of "exotic" language in his background. so either way could be right, but its a crapshoot as far as guessing which. im just hedging my bets on the fun answer

Babayin, the writing script of Filipino. baybayin-alibata.jpg

I don't think it is widely understood there. Probably like Germans trying to read runes. (LiamKerrington? YABC?) Anyway, the symbols described by the characters seem to be like the ones we see in the Story's artwork. I'm not sure if any of the symbols in the story were described as being anything from the Baybayin script. We can speculate how Datu can read it based on what we know so far. But, it would be a pretty vast and open ended number of possibilities.

I can tell you for certain what are not the reasons he can read it.
    1. Datu is a scholar of ancient script and symbols.
    2. My Pictionary theory.
    3. Some of the writing is Baybayin or one of its derivatives and Ink had some Pharmaceutical research involving the Philippines (a la Sean Connery in Medicine Man) and Datu actually understands it because he was a Tattoo artist catering to tourists.

None of these will be the case because they seem plausible and KC Knows exactly how I think, so he writes the story so that I will ALWAYS be surprised.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Mar 8th, 2014 at 01:38 PM.
    Likes Grognaurd liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Well, Datu means Chief, so he might nor be Robert Langdon. But he may have studied his tribal script, but I cannot think of a good reason why Ink/Randy/??? Would know it and write it on the paper.

A case could be made for altered perception, but it is more of a reach than we have seen this far.

What if Datu was a free mason, part of the Elks Club, or maybe even the knights of Columbus. They might have a ceremonial script or something. Knights of Columbus would have a reason to link to the Church we see in the cover art. I do not remember if Protestant churches have the stations of the cross on their walls. Catholic churches do and I see what might be them hanging on the walls.

Yea, all of this is thin, but gosh darn it, we are running out of episodes to pull everything together. Michael says that Datu does not have his heart in the pump repair and I could see him bringing Datu to a Catholic Church.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

So Datu Means chief? Hmm...
    ...Looks like Mata Means eye, at least that's what I found...
    Chief's eye? O.o
    Likes Eviebae, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Datu the Freemason! I like that. Or maybe answered one of those Rosicrucian ads in the Old Farmers Almanac. Actually, Ink could also be a Rosicrucian. There is no real magic involved but he could be a modern day alchemist. Or maybe he's a modern day Doctor Victor Frankenstein.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast