User Tag List

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Randy, Inklings and Inklettes

Just a thought, when Datu was bitten by Randy, there was an Inkling at the site too. Had the Inkling bitten Datu then he would have turned into an Inklette, like the ones that overran Boulder and Ft. Irwin. Randy tells off some other zombie, claiming Datu for himself. Could he have been trying to prevent an Inklette explosion in L.A.?

The taped arrow sign for the Chapter art for Chapter 42 hasn't been explained yet. Just guessing (And I know I'm wrong because KC ALWAYS surprises me), but what if the other soldiers survived and have now become part of Ink's experiments to create more Inklings. The arrow could be a trail left by one of the soldiers.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Just a thought, when Datu was bitten by Randy, there was an Inkling at the site too. Had the Inkling bitten Datu then he would have turned into an Inklette, like the ones that overran Boulder and Ft. Irwin. Randy tells off some other zombie, claiming Datu for himself. Could he have been trying to prevent an Inklette explosion in L.A.?

The taped arrow sign for the Chapter art for Chapter 42 hasn't been explained yet. Just guessing (And I know I'm wrong because KC ALWAYS surprises me), but what if the other soldiers survived and have now become part of Ink's experiments to create more Inklings. The arrow could be a trail left by one of the soldiers.
    I like and don't like the theory of the tape arrow. I like it in that it will make for some amazing scenes when Team Human has to face off against their own. I don't like it because the thought of those characters "coming back" as some sort of zombie is unsettling. Either way it would, IMO, make for some fine storytelling.

Just thinking out loud here but in order to make a tape arrow, or series of tape arrows, the person would need some time and freedom. It's not quite like scratching something on the floor. You would basically need 2 hands and the ability to move around to lay down those 3 pieces of tape like that, I think. Hard to do if being drug around by a monster.

I wonder if, like Puck thinks, the zombies thought one or more of the soldiers was dead when they weren't.... Did Robbins get tossed into the food pile cuz he seemed dead to them but he woke up and managed to start trying to get out? That might given him a chance to start laying some sort of trail.... (I really want these guys to be alive, huh?)
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Jannit, Grognaurd liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Good stuff.

I think it is critical to recall that Datu received two wounds. Each characteristic of a particular class of biter. A scratch I associate with an Inkling and a bite I associate with normal biters. In the autopsy, Tanya describes self inflicted wounds. My guess is they get their nails loaded with blood and scratch. It is easier to scratch than it is to bite.

Since there are still lots of normals running around LA and not Inklings, Ink must not be able to upgrade them to Inkling or there is an advantage of having both types. I lean towards he cannot upgrade. He needed non-infected people to experiment. Why go to all the trouble of capturing people when he has a bunch of followers, in addition, why drag someone off when one could just infect the human and go arm and arm singing zippity duda together back to nest.

Hand to hand, I think an inkling would destroy a normal biter (Randy), so my guess with the death of the inkling, Randy was able to further undermine Inks plans. Randy could be as smart and have as much free will as Ink, but he does not have to share the same aims.

But, all ths could be too complicated for story purposes.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Jannit liked this post