User Tag List

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    This episode broke my heart.

But on a discussion note, I think Tanya is wrong. I really do. Tanya, Saul, and now apparently Datu are immune. There is no such thing as an ultra-slow turner.
    Likes Tar Heel Fan, Storm liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

"Datu is going to die."

.....Happy Holidays Everyone

ARE YOU FREEKING KIDDING ME?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    I think we're in for a gut wrenching chapter here.

First thing: Datu's Matta Gun actually worked. He took down the little one that attack, but just got overrun by a bunch of regulars. I think we'd all assumed it was a failure but it looks like it is going to be a viable weapon, in the right situations.

And now for the big stuff:
    It looks like this chapter is going to be a long journey. Datu is bit and is slowly turning, but he's still going strong at the end, so I'm guessing this is going to get drawn out until the end of part 3 at least.
    But the thing is, we really haven't seen major characters die in this sort of long, drawn out, fashion before. Tommy turned suddenly, Kalani went out in a blaze of glory, and Angel lingered a little but died pretty suddenly from Scratch's bullet. I hope if Datu does go out, he doesn't linger. That would just be torture to hear.
    I can see this all playing out in one of two ways: Datu hangs in there long enough for Tanya to realize his K18 levels have frozen in place the same way hers and Saul's have, causing her to wonder if there isn't some similarities between all of them. And then either:
    1) She figures out some kind of breakthrough to save Datu as well as Saul and herself or...
    2) Datu looks to be out of the woods and then turns suddenly, shocking everyone and leaving Tanya to wonder if the same thing is going to happen to her and Saul.

It really depends on if KC wants to give us a light at the end of the tunnel or if he want to kick us in the gut with a sudden main character death. But, like I said, I just can't imagine Datu going out in a slow, lingering, inevitable death, I think there's gonna be some twists and turns in there.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    So, Glenn got munched so bad there was too much damage to turn. Jay was injured and initiated a turn very quickly. Does Jay not attack Datu because Jay senses the infection in Datu or does Jay have enough humanity left to not attack his friend?

My hope is that Datu's change results in a smart one with free will to help the colony. He says he can feel the change, but in season one he could not feel his legs after the pumping station and that turned out to be a false alarm.

Lots of empathy from CJ and that was really nice. I hope it was not an act.
    I kept thinking about that too until they mentioned the scratches and the bite (On the neck no less). He goes into shock (or something like it) rather easily. I'm hoping that Datu's fainting-goat syndrome might save him.
    Likes Unit, Z Sniper liked this post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

"I've been in his shoes. I remember all too well.", "People can still be useful after they've been bitten." Tanya is making this personal, with good reason.
    Likes Unit, scbubba, Red Shirt, Z Sniper liked this post
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Kinda funny how Jay ended up getting killed by the reallyfuckingheavyomatic...
    ...I really need to listen to this episode some more times before I can put my thoughts together. But at least the Mata-gun worked.
    Likes Tar Heel Fan, Red Shirt, Z Sniper liked this post

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Does K18 have anything to do with skin tone? Just an odd thought but the slow turner have had a darker skin tone eg. Datu, Tanya and Saul.
    Likes DemetriusH, Unit liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    Still Hate CJ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I was talking about that with Liam in the VIP room. It seems like no matter what she says or does, as long as she shows any opposition to Michael or other established characters, she will be hated.
    I don't think it's that.

I liked her a lot when we first met her. She may have been controlling at Dunbar with Saul and Victor, but she made decisions that kept them safe...for the most part. Did they make any progress? Not really, but stayed safe.

Now, the "rescue Lizzy and save the colony" plan is where a lot of her faults started appearing. Good on paper, bad in practice.

Then as she runs the colony, with more people then she has had under her command, more problems arise. More leadership is needed and instead of delegating, she keeps it all to herself with her micromanaging.

In this episode, she actually pulled up her big girl panties and let the people around her know the situations as they are...which she should have done long ago. When she did that, they understood. They acted. They worked as a TEAM. Even poor Datu worked knowing he could be gone at any moment, because he finally understood WHY it was important.

Still hate CJ, but hate her less. If she acts like that more often, I'll start the CJ fan club.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    wow...what a punch in the balls.

I knew this was a possibility, but damn. this one was painful to listen to.

good on micheal for calling out cj. and good on cj for actually acting like a human. ya know, maybe if that happened a little more often all the hate she gets here wouldn't happen. a good leader shouldn't show weakness, but showing compassion for those around you is not a sign of weakness. its a sign of strength. the strongest, most stoic leaders are probly the most compassionate. not that anyone would ever know.

but that's all a candle in the wind compared to DATU> JEEBUS KC, YOU ACTUALLY DID IT.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    "Datu is going to die."

.....Happy Holidays Everyone

ARE YOU FREEKING KIDDING ME?
    I agree.......

"Datu is Going to Die!" "Next Episode will be delayed" "Happy Holidays from the We're Alive Crew!"

REALLY?!?!?!?!

Time to return all these christmas gifts I bought them all.....!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast