Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Nope. No. Nope.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

What about Hope? I thought I heard her screaming his name, but it was Kelly instead. It's good to see Kelly's emotional side. That's a huge change from her cold, self-serving persona from the first season.
    Likes Unit, Red Shirt, nikvoodoo, Z Sniper liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

What I want to know is why everyone is freaking out so badly that Datu is going to die/is dying whereas Tanya and Saul are no big worry. They all know that Tanya was bit, but they aren't fretting that she's going to turn any minute.... With the way Robbins and co. are acting you'd think they couldn't handle being around Tanya too.... Something is just off that way for me.
    Likes Unit, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    I'm guess Hope will become CJ's new Padawan. Continue her training in becoming not like by the forum. Remember the last time we saw Hope?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    If Datu has a some sort if immunity, then what could be the reason for it? So could the family immunity or the medication Tanya and Saul took may not be why?
    Likes Tar Heel Fan liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi everyone.

About CJ:
    I don'T hate her. I simply don't like her because of the way she treats people around. She keeps a lot of things to herself instead of realizing the opportunities to put weight on many shoulders. And when things go bad, she does not realize that part of the blame is to be put onto herself. It is a devil's circle, if you like.
    BUT - and that is very important for me that anyone here understands this: I don't put more blame on CJ than she deserves. I especially do not draw conclusions like "because her attitute or demeanor is bad, she is responsible for anything going bad". The opposite is true. I really did not understand why Michael freaked out and pulled CJ from her one leg in order to show her what happened to Jay, Glenn, and Datu; and I don't accept him to blame CJ for anything that happened at the wind-mill-pumping station. And this applies for many smaller or bigger things - especially the fall of Dunbar: CJ was not responsible for that,
    In my opinion it is very true that CJ plans for her safety. But many (if not all) of her plans are about saving others as well - at least because she understands that humans as a breed or species may only survive because single persons cannot survive on his or her own. CJ has understood this, and she was and still is willing to take the responsibility by making people act together - how fucking cold-blooded or harsh this may ever turn out.

The discussion I had with Kc was about CJ telling and forcing Michael to understand that she knows the people a lot better than he does; and she concludes that therefore she cares a lot more about the individuals of the Colony than Michael does. Her speech obviously was impressive enough for Michael to shut the f*ck up. And I even actually agree with her, but I am not convinced about what she says. Because that scene reminded me of a dialogue from the movie "Good Will Hunting": "You may have read how the smell of the Sistine Chapel underneath the paintings of Michealangelo is in a book; but this is totally different from having experienced this yourself." CJ tells Michael that she knows a lot of facts about the members of the Colony; but I don't see the human spirit of CJ's guiding her in her decisions. This is different from Michael: Michael knows shit about the people around him - probably his biggest flaw; but all his decisions are based on what people see in the uniform he wears. It was Michael who told Saul and Angel to wear the uniform in order to help people find out who are the good guys; and ever since Michael did only act and think on behalf helping or supporting others, and he let everyone know and made most people get involved as well. CJ simply yells orders, and people start doing things behind her back, when they find a moment in which they don't feel observed ... So, in other words, CJ pulls people together, but she has no skills in making people start feeling responsible for each other and caring for each other, which in return leads to misbehaviour and maybe even distrust (people left Dunbar because of CJ's treatments).

Hard to put it in English words, if you are not a native speaker. But I hope I was able to point you at my opinion about CJ. I don't hate her, I only do not like her. And I don't like blaming her for shit hitting the fan if these things are beyond her decisions ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Dec 16th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
    Likes Unit, scbubba, Red Shirt, Eviebae, EpiEpee and 4 others liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by katlero View Post
    What I want to know is why everyone is freaking out so badly that Datu is going to die/is dying whereas Tanya and Saul are no big worry. They all know that Tanya was bit, but they aren't fretting that she's going to turn any minute.... With the way Robbins and co. are acting you'd think they couldn't handle being around Tanya too.... Something is just off that way for me.
    Speculation

The assay. Tanya is able to measure how fast the K18 levels change. Her level and Saul's level may be elevated, but change very slowly over the months since they were exposed. She has a few measurements from Datu and can see that it is elevated within minutes to hours.

The natural progression is a final destination of change, but like Burt says, prepare for the worse and hope for the best. Throughout history there is often a small population of people that can resist the disease. I can see it play out lots of different ways. Datu is fine. Datu has a partial change and recovers like a stroke victim. Datu dies, Datu escapes and joins ink. All of these are interesting and can drive the story forward.
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Dec 16th, 2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: His levels are going up more slowly than I thought. Thanks WD

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by katlero View Post
    Well it's still kinda up in the air as to whether Saul was actually infected or not as far as everyone else is concerned (Remember Tanya and Saul are keeping their elevated K18 levels to themselves), and Tanya was exposed nearly a year ago. So everyone just assumes that Saul and Tanya weren't infected since so much time has passed, but Datu's situation is happening right now in front of them.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    You know what makes this episode so gut wrenching to me....
    For me this episode is so damn gut wrenching, 'cause currently I am willing to say that this is probably the really most awesome and most outstanding episode I have ever listened to. I was kind of surprised when the episode has ended; and then I realized: these were damn 28 minutes straight ... But they ran like an NOS-fueled super-turbo-charged Ford Mustang ... No clue.
    R2Da2 is a character who really had a lot of trouble becoming liked by the WA fans; and during the last chapters he really had very little to say or to add to the show. And yet he was/ is considered to be one of the personality pillars of this show; and now that pillar has huge cracks in it, so maybe we will see it crushing to the ground sooner than later.
    Tomorrow I may have different thoughts about it. But right now I don't remember any other chapter or episode (except for the hilarious firetruck-scene maybe) that left me as speech- and breathless as this one ...
    edit: no, tomorrow is now, and I have not changed my mind at all ... /edit

Really fine storytelling, and dialogue-writing, and foley- as well as background-music-work ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Dec 17th, 2013 at 04:26 AM.
    Likes scbubba, Footbutt, Tar Heel Fan, Z Sniper liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Doh,

Good point. Most of the people do not know about the assay. One serving of crow, since I did not hear any this episode...

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast