User Tag List

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Since I haven't listened and I refuse to search through the thread to see who may have done it: Thanks for changing the thread title!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Well, still in a bit of shock even after two weeks. The entire spectrum is open for Datu. KC could have him go into super slowmo mode like Saul and Tanya. Maybe he is dies or even defects and joins team Ink and or Randy. We just do not know.

But, what was the purpose of the attack originally? Was it just wandering damage? That an inkling thought it could turn two humans? Food? My thought after 40-3 was it was an attack on water resource. That failed too, if it was the plan. I am pretty sure I heard something run away in 40-3. Was it out of fear? No gun truck, but the pesky humans were still able to kill an inkling. If a normal ran away, that is actually good news. We did not hear it get called away and it was not acting like a mindless eating machine. If it values its own life, than it can be bargained with. It is a start.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

You know what makes this episode so gut wrenching to me. It reminds of the time time I got bad news about my dog's health.

What are the options?
    Will she get better?
    How long does she have?
    Is she in pain?
    Do we let nature take its course?
    When do we say good bye?
    How can we think about these things when she seems to be OK?
    What's going on in her mind?
    How can you say Good Bye when you might be the one sending them away?

You feel extremely protective, never want to leave their side, you want to squeeze as many life-times as possible into each minute, and you feel awkward at having control over how long they have before nature takes over.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Since I haven't listened and I refuse to search through the thread to see who may have done it: Thanks for changing the thread title!
    It was King Datu the resourceful. Buries his friends, digs his own grave, fixes the pump and changes the chapter title. He looks out for us!
    Likes Unit, scbubba, Red Shirt, Eviebae, EpiEpee and 11 others liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Great episode - and guys: Datu is not dead until he is dead. A brave little man.

Well, a short remark about CJ: in my opinion, I did not expect her to know so much about most of the colony's inhabitants biographies because most of CJ's recent conversations at the colony (season 4 timeframe) went not too well. So, "counselor" CJ seems to do most of her "Get-to-know" meetings in between the episodes.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Heavy heart. Out of all of the shit the guy has been through. I thought he would be one of the ones to make it to the end.
    I will have a Beer tonight in Honor of King Datu: The Resourceful.

As mentioned. If he has to go out. He deserves a whole chapter about it.. Man the gut wrencher will be when Hope finds out.
    Likes scbubba, Cabbage Patch liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Well, still in a bit of shock even after two weeks. The entire spectrum is open for Datu. KC could have him go into super slowmo mode like Saul and Tanya. Maybe he is dies or even defects and joins team Ink and or Randy. We just do not know.

But, what was the purpose of the attack originally? Was it just wandering damage? That an inkling thought it could turn two humans? Food? My thought after 40-3 was it was an attack on water resource. That failed too, if it was the plan. I am pretty sure I heard something run away in 40-3. Was it out of fear? No gun truck, but the pesky humans were still able to kill an inkling. If a normal ran away, that is actually good news. We did not hear it get called away and it was not acting like a mindless eating machine. If it values its own life, than it can be bargained with. It is a start.
    Or it could have been a smart one.
    Somehow I keep thinking that the Inklings are being used as Ink's version of the gun trucks for the various zombie missions.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    I don't think it's that.

I liked her a lot when we first met her. She may have been controlling at Dunbar with Saul and Victor, but she made decisions that kept them safe...for the most part. Did they make any progress? Not really, but stayed safe.

Now, the "rescue Lizzy and save the colony" plan is where a lot of her faults started appearing. Good on paper, bad in practice.

Then as she runs the colony, with more people then she has had under her command, more problems arise. More leadership is needed and instead of delegating, she keeps it all to herself with her micromanaging.

In this episode, she actually pulled up her big girl panties and let the people around her know the situations as they are...which she should have done long ago. When she did that, they understood. They acted. They worked as a TEAM. Even poor Datu worked knowing he could be gone at any moment, because he finally understood WHY it was important.

Still hate CJ, but hate her less. If she acts like that more often, I'll start the CJ fan club.
    For me is part this, part what KC says, especially I find it hard to forget or accept that had she had her way she would have sentenced Vic and Saul to death. The whole "like that matters to me" speech. So... nice emotional speech about Glenn sons, and Jay's girlfriend, I guess they are worth more than Saul's still not born child and girlfriend.
    It's however interesting to get a commwnt from the writer to get an insight in what are the expectations on our reactions to the characters and story.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

I just LOVE CJ. Her real tragic flaw is letting her personal issues get in the way.
    Likes scbubba, Tar Heel Fan, 7oddisdead liked this post
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Dammit... Dammit...Dammit.

I haven't been upset over an episode in a long long time. Like I want to cry kinda episode. Hands down this may be the toughest episode of the series. It would be different if he would have been attacked and died. Fell from a window. This is just rough. My first thought was "God... what about Hope?". That is the father in me coming out though.

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast