User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Rex, Zombie Killer

Has anyone read the comic yet? I ordered it through my local comic shop, but it hasn't come in yet, and believe it or not, I did search a little bit at the Dallas Comic Con when the kids and I were up there. Didn't have MUCH time to look though because the Stan Lee and Summer Glau lines ate up a bunch of our time.

I still plan on getting and reading a copy, but curious about what people thought of it so far.

Support your local arts.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I no longer have a LCS. It shut down without any warning.

Going to have to order it online I suppose.

EDIT*

How many issues are there?
    Last edited by Osiris; May 20th, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I've read it. It's an entertaining take on the zombie apocalypse story, told from the perspective of the animal protagonists. I liked the artwork, the characters and the story. Even though the zombies in Rex are "Romero" type slow zombies, I couldn't help imagining the story taking place in the We're Alive universe. And when you consider that the animals are trying to get from California to Nevada I'm really hoping that someday we'll see a "Rex the Zombie Killer"/"We're Alive" crossover story.

What's not to love? Zombies and talking animals. An author who's not only a sponsor of We're Alive, but is also active on the forum. I'm a fan, and I'll be buying the full series.

Rex Zombie Killer Photo.jpg

"Gatherer"

Status
    I'll have to check it out.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    What's not to love? Zombies and talking animals. An author who's not only a sponsor of We're Alive, but is also active on the forum. I'm a fan, and I'll be buying the full series.
    Thanks so much for the interest, everyone! (And thanks for the kind words, @CabbagePatch!)

Yes, I am, indeed, a HUGE We're Alive fan...I've mentioned it in a number of interviews related to Rex, Zombie Killer here and there.

To answer @Osiris, there's only been two publications. The current, 56-page, full color #1 "one-shot" which covers the initial "animals vs. zombies vs. outlaw bikers" first story arc. And, before that, a very limited run #0 issue, that had an original 5-page black and white story. No worries, you can jump in with issue #1!

I'm also grateful that I've gotten some great support from folks here, and from reviewers as well. If folks want to peruse reviews and interviews and check out some of the artwork on the site, too, you can do so here: http://www.rexzombiekiller.com/p/reviews.html

Thanks again, everyone!
    Likes Duffusmonkey liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RobAnderson View Post
    Yes, I am, indeed, a HUGE We're Alive fan...
    So when are we getting our "Rex Zombie Killer" / "We're Alive" crossover story? If you can't do it in the comic I'd be satisifed with an illustrated fanfic story here in the Forum.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    And when can we expect Issue 2?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    And when can we expect Issue 2?
    On the crossover -- ha! That would be crazy, huh? A gorilla with a baseball bat teamed up with Burt!

On #2, the plan right now is actually to do a series of one-shots. Due to it being an indy comic, we're having to see how it does in the market before we go forward with the next arc, but things are looking positive! I don't want to throw out a date, since it will be a while. But hopefully folks will enjoy the double-sized issue in the meantime!

"Lurker"

Status
    Thats kool to know I just ordered it online too Im a zombie finatic and roll a zombie killer car. Im locked and Loaded ready for Z Day and to build my own army of
    survivors and soilders, and hott breeders too.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Here are a couple of ideas for Rex "cameos" on We're Alive, pending the big Rex Zombie Killer/We're Alive crossover stories:

Victor and Saul are out scouting possible Maller locations. A group of dogs comes over to examine the pair and they share some food and water with them. They hear a rumbling shout, the dogs run off and Victor does a double-take, just as a group of biters come around a corner and attack. Afterwards Victor mumbles something about his eyes deceiving him, and swears he thought he saw a gorilla.

Scratch checks on Tardust and Bricks in the Infirmary, where they are both suffering from a severe beating. Tar explains that they were out, minding their own business when they saw a cat run by into an alley. They went after it to see where it was going and something jumped them, beating them up and taking their supplies. Tar says he's never seen anything that Bricks couldn't handle before. Bricks mumbles about how hairy it was.

Michael is sitting at the Fort Irwin command center when one of the staff alerts him to video of something moving across the desert near the base. Michael joins the soldier at a computer monitor, where they watch live video of 3 dogs, a cat and a gorilla trekking across the desert. The soldier asks Michael whether they should alert the Colonel, but Michael says no, he'd never believe us anyway.
    Likes Red Shirt liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast