User Tag List

Thread: Not Liking Saul

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Pin Not Liking Saul

I just finished with season three.

I have to be honest, I really do not like this guy. First off, he comes across as a little spoiled brat over Lizzy to the point where he has screwed over plenty of people. Keep in mind, if Saul didn't set up an exchange, the battle at the end of season 2 would have never happened and everyone that died would not have. That also includes the torturing of Burt wouldn't have happened earlier.

Secondly, out of everyone this guy has lost the least. He tries to be a leader, but he's the only one with his mother, his dog, his girl and a baby on the way. He basically has a whole family while everyone else has next to nothing left. If anyone from season 1 were to go, either it has to be him...or someone close to him. Except for the dog, animal death is not enjoyable. I doubt Scratch would even do that.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Interesting, I will have to listen to the series again and keep this factor in mind. I had not thought about this

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The maller attack would have happened regardless of Saul's exchange. Scratch already intended to visit the tower with the tankers. She just made her odds of success better by insuring the best of the Tower would be away. Not saying what you posted doesn't have merit because it does, but also think of it this way: Saul has EVERYTHING left to lose, and a whole lot of season 4 left in which to lose it.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Merlin1274, Storm liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Saul is one of my favourite characters (as well as Victor) because he is very selfless; he saved Burt, did the original supply runs, has been shot/injured countless times, didn't give up on finding Lizzy and went back for his dog. And inspite of all he's endured, he's really down to earth and still funny as hell. The dialogue between him and Victor during season 3 is some of the best I've heard during the whole show.
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I don't like Saul very much for a variety of reasons. And yes - he has his share in the Fall of the Tower.

BUT

I don't think it is fair to put all the blame on him for this; and his share is pretty small. Because, as Nik has mentioned, the Mallers/ Scratch had the intention to do it anyway. And Saul had no means of understanding or at least knowing anything about the plans of the Mallers. No. There really is no reason to think otherwise. Else you have to blame Tanya for having given birth to Saul, 'cause otherwise all of this wouldn't have happened ...

Also we must not forget what Saul did in favor of the survivors.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    They all have made their mistakes. Only thing I blame Saul for is leading the Mallers to the location of the Tower. They did not know where till they followed Saul back.

Other then that lack of judgement. He is devoted to his people. I do not think anyone else has the devotion he does. Others have their fixation. Saul would do anything for any of them.. He has IMO a too big of a heart and it will or maybe his demise.
    Likes tlbro0, Elisa, kent17 liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Although the OP has put too much on Saul, I also have grown to dislike him throughout seasons 2 and 3. Much of the time he is a selfless character that sacrifices and does the right thing for the group, until he disagrees with someone or something. Once that happens he does what he believes right regardless of Michael, Angel or anyone else. Although he may do anything to protect the group he has repeatedly put the group at risk for his own selfish reasons whenever he has decided something is more important.
    Likes tlbro0, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    I dont dislike Saul but I do need him to stop acting like Lizzie is the first lay he has ever had.
    Likes tlbro0 liked this post