I've seen discussion around eyes recently on the forums, but damned if I can find it now, so new thread it is! Forgive me if this is common knowledge...

There's been pondering over whether Ink is fully turned, because his eyes are described as being green, not cloudy like the normal biters. I'm re-listening to the whole show again to tide me over between new episodes. In 33-3 Tanya autopsies number 2, and describes her eyes as:

"Eyes. Haemorrage in the left, the right fine, both light brown and normal. Not like the othe biters we've seen up close."

So eyes are clearly important, and it seems like there must be something different about special ones *before* they turn, because I can't see their eyes clouding over and then magically clearing up again. Is it some drug that's in their system when they turn? Is it something intrinsically different about these people that makes them into Special Ones? Or is it some combination? Do they have some natural difference to the rest of us that subtly altered their blood chemistry and made them special? Maybe naturally higher keratin 18?

Does anyone have any theories?