User Tag List

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

CJ and Saul... did anything reeeally happen between them?

we all know of the moves CJ put on Saul.

we also know that Saul lied about the "nothing happened" conversation with Lizzy.

all of those were/could-have-been simple story elements to create the tension of the Saul-Lizzy romance...

but i was listening to "Balance of Power" Part 3...
    and Saul says this to CJ during their argument about him and Victor being kicked out of the Colony:

"But now you're gonna kick us to the curb, the two people who were here with you for most of this, who actually care about you, who, i don't know, maybe even stayed up all night holding your hand while everything was happening just to make sure you knew you weren't alone."

now i'm all for Saul being the Pure Knighted Hero of the story, but that says a lot right there. maybe i'm getting all high-schoolish, but there's been a lot of mistrust/lies throughout this final season. it makes me wonder if any character is infallible. sure, they wouldn't be human if they weren't, but i think the layers upon layers of this story is just so incredibly awesome.

i think we all can agree that Saul is committed to Lizzy.
    i just don't think he's been completely honest about what when on between CJ.
    does it matter? not really. i think the kicking-out was the extent of their (CJ/Saul) falling out.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    we all know of the moves CJ put on Saul.

we also know that Saul lied about the "nothing happened" conversation with Lizzy.

all of those were/could-have-been simple story elements to create the tension of the Saul-Lizzy romance...

but i was listening to "Balance of Power" Part 3...
    and Saul says this to CJ during their argument about him and Victor being kicked out of the Colony:

"But now you're gonna kick us to the curb, the two people who were here with you for most of this, who actually care about you, who, i don't know, maybe even stayed up all night holding your hand while everything was happening just to make sure you knew you weren't alone."

now i'm all for Saul being the Pure Knighted Hero of the story, but that says a lot right there. maybe i'm getting all high-schoolish, but there's been a lot of mistrust/lies throughout this final season. it makes me wonder if any character is infallible. sure, they wouldn't be human if they weren't, but i think the layers upon layers of this story is just so incredibly awesome.

i think we all can agree that Saul is committed to Lizzy.
    i just don't think he's been completely honest about what when on between CJ.
    does it matter? not really. i think the kicking-out was the extent of their (CJ/Saul) falling out.
    I assumed this "staying up all night" incident was when CJ was in the infirmary after her little altercation with Scratch. It could mean more but I took it to be Saul showing how good a friend he had been - which of course probably on made CJ more mad since she didn't want to be in the Friend Zone....
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I assumed this "staying up all night" incident was when CJ was in the infirmary after her little altercation with Scratch. It could mean more but I took it to be Saul showing how good a friend he had been - which of course probably on made CJ more mad since she didn't want to be in the Friend Zone....
    Yea, I assumed it was durring the surgery. She got loopy, but did not get knocked out. I have had teeth pulled with a local. No pain, but I did feel and hear the wrenching, crunching and cracking through my jaw and skull. CJ had it a lot worse than that.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    yeah, it's just funny how the gender role-reversal thingy kinda played out.

usually it's the guy (ala Michael) that's try to win the girl over, but Saul, i believe is just a good guy at heart and, in the moment, he had to be there for CJ. Romanticism doesn't HAVE to be associated with it, but it can seem that way.