User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wnd #60

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Some one say Firefly... Best damn show ever.. Well at least one of them. Miss that series.. But I do watch Castle sometimes and pickup in some references every now and then.
    I had the Firefly theme as my ringtone forever till I replaced it with Wayward son. I love Supernatural too.. Wish they did not have to kill off Bobby.. Balls..

any who. I think Skittles has survived so long cause he does not draw attention... Nothing special about it. Easier for one person to be sneaky then a colony of people.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

Shouldn't there be a WND 61 thread by now? Anyhow...

I've been thinking about all the crap Britt has gotten for her plan to take over a Costco during an apocalypse. Has anyone considered settling in at an Ikea? Other than the number of entrances that have to be defended, it seems like an ideal place. Think about it. There's a ton of assembled furniture of every type, including virtually complete bedrooms. The warehouse has lots of furniture parts to use for weapons and whatnot. There's even a restaurant with a full kitchen and food storage!

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    I finally listened! Thanks guys!
    Just a quick couple of comments:
    - the fact that previous seasons also started slow just means... the previous season started slow, doesn't say much about this one.
    - the Deathly Hallows is IMO the worse of all HP books so I wouldn't use that as a comparison if it's meant to be a positive one :P

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

Has anyone commented on the possible biblical symbolism of Michael's name?

St. Michael is an archangel who defeats Satan in the book of Revelation. Could this name be a foreshadowing of Sgt. Cross defeating Ink at the end of WA?

Could "Cross" be an allusion to Michael's role as a savior to humanity, especially one who suffers innocently because of the sins of others? Or, does it refer to Michael's martyr complex? Could it be both?

I've similarly wondered about Angel and Saul's names, but I'm less confident in my reasoning about them. Angel has obvious imagery associated with it, and "tenuto" is a musical direction to sustain a note or play it louder. Not sure what that would mean for the character, though. Regarding Saul, from Wikipedia: "Saul (Hebrew: 'asked for, prayed for') was the first king of the united Kingdom of Israel. He was anointed by the prophet Samuel and reigned from Gibeah. He fell on his sword to avoid capture in the battle against the Philistines at Mount Gilboa, during which three of his sons were also killed." Might Saul sacrifice himself in battle? Will Baby Tink be killed? Or, could he be named after Saul of Tarsus, who zealously persecuted Christians before converting and becoming an apostle for Christ?

I don't mean to imply that KC meant to imbue WA with any religious significance. I just wonder if he borrowed from Judeo-Christian scriptures to create names with symbolic meanings.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    There are some long threads about the meaning behind some names..

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

I have a few predictions for upcoming episodes, but I have no idea where in the sequence they might fall.

1. I think Riley will do something foolish and rash while trying to avenge Angel's death. This act will endanger her life, but Burt will sacrifice himself for her.
    2. Later, Riley will die while saving Lizzy and/or her baby.
    3. CJ will sacrifice herself to save Saul and/or Michael.
    4. Datu will grow a pair of balls and heroically save the life of Hope, which will lead her to stop being a bitch to him.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDung View Post
    4. Datu will grow a pair of balls and heroically save the life of Hope, which will lead her to stop being a bitch to him.
    HEY!!! Datu shielded Hope from deadly gamma rays from the Boulder nuke with his own body. Now THAT takes balls. BIG LEAD ENCASED BALLS
    Likes clem131, scbubba liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    HEY!!! Datu shielded Hope from deadly gamma rays from the Boulder nuke with his own body. Now THAT takes balls. BIG LEAD ENCASED BALLS
    I'm thinking more along the lines of a threat from a person - living, undead, or mutated.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I'm thinking more along the lines of a threat from a person - living, undead, or mutated.
    Didn't he already do that with a pick axe to a Little One's throat in Boulder?
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Riley

I have a few predictions for upcoming episodes, but I have no idea where in the sequence they might fall.

1. I think Riley will do something...
    A reoccurring pattern has been Riley’s fear of heights.
    Season 1 – Rooftop jumping to the Arena
    Season 2 – Down to the Fire Truck
    Season 2 – Out the hospital window

Do not know when it will happen, but I hope to see her heroically overcome it. Would an Angel (flashback) on her shoulder encouraging her be too corny?

Is it Monday, yet?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast