Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 38-1

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by whenallisdark View Post
    Maybe nurse Britt will come back as CJ's personal stump assistant?!?
    Are you sure Nurse Britt would notice that CJ is missing a leg.. I'm not 100% sure
    Likes Eviebae, HardKor liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Welcome to the forums! On that, I would say that they have shared a reasonable amount of info by now, and people are aware of her bite mark, but that it was a long time ago and she didn't change, so they might see it as a scar similar to Saul... but more on that later.
    I suppose, I just thought there would have been some sort of dialogue between Saul and Tanya about why she never said to him but if there's one thing I've learnt from reading through these forums is never question why something was mentioned or not mentioned at a certain time.

Thank for the welcome, just wish I'd got here sooner! annoys me a little that I'm joining during the last season.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by pmchawk View Post
    Are you sure Nurse Britt would notice that CJ is missing a leg.. I'm not 100% sure
    lol good point. I suppose she could use the excuse that it was hidden under the bed sheets.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pmchawk View Post
    Nurse Britt don't miss a trick. She's got like 80 eyes, and 300 brains and does complex maths in her sleep. She's like a dynamo of nevermissinganyfuckingthing.

Don't mess with the breast.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Nurse Britt don't miss a trick. She's got like 80 eyes, and 300 brains and does complex maths in her sleep. She's like a dynamo of nevermissinganyfuckingthing.

Don't mess with the breast.
    So your comparing her to Angus?

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Dammmmmnnnnn, Tanya giving the verbal smack-down to Hope! Datu, as much as we all pick on him, did a lot for Hope (ha, I just saw the double meaning in that sentence).
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Saul:"Is that car following us?"
    Victor"Naw, that's just some other car driving around, I'm sure it's nothing"
    Saul:"Ok, I'll just keep driving."

In the other car:
    Scratch:"Awwww yeah...."

-------------------------
    It's just one of those days

Can Scratch be in a prius or a smart car? that would be a great mental image...
    Likes HardKor liked this post
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Did a fast paced listen through at work today. Might get in a good listen tonight or in the morning.
    Also caught up on 12 pages of this thread....

First thoughts: We're getting the long setup. This leads me to believe we're gonna get a big payoff. But when? And with whom? Hmmm

Why would Saul and Victor take it on the chin? What have they got to gain or lose? If they defy CJ right now, they bring down the potential wrath of the rest of the Colonist on them. CJ's word is law (at least for the moment). So, get outta Dodge with what you can that's valuable. Lizzy is coming with them. Tanya and Lady are staying... for now. We have a built in reason for Tanya to get out of the Colony and up to Dunbar in the future. Lady is easy enough to smuggle along.

So with respect to Saul, he looks to have things in place to get his woman, his baby, his momma, and his dog to a place that is (as much as it can be) safe - considering he lived there with no real incident for many months. It's actually not looking so bad considering the option might be to get thrown out in the streets with nothing.

Now, how far will CJ go in honoring her "agreements" with Saul and Victor? With Michael? With Tanya?

I could see her sending Saul/Vic/Lizzy off to Dunbar and then forbidding any contact after that. No Tanya going up there. No recon or supply runs. None of the soldiers/Army stuff allowed out there. CJ will probably lockup comms just as tight in the Colony as Marcus did. Hell, she did at Dunbar.

This is leading to split force and split loyalties. The enemies will be looking to take advantage of this and I think we will start seeing them reappear very soon.

I'm holding to stuff I talked about in the 37 episode threads that Michael and others will eventually see what CJ is doing/has done and eventually leave her twisting (hopping?) in the wind. How it all plays out is still wide open and I can't wait to see how our storytelling host weaves it all together.

Good episode, Kc and crew!
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Aside from the title, Unity Makes Strength, being the slogan for Fascism (Real Fascism, not the boogieman fascism that describes a government or political party that you don't like), I'm guessing that at some point within the next two episodes something will happen that will emphasize the need for everyone to stick together. Either they'll start getting picked apart while they are apart or they're gonna eat the zombies for lunch by each person bringing something to the table.

Perhaps the title is another example of a double entendre. (Or Triple entendre because KC & Blair just got married. Seriously, are all of this season's titles gonna have a Just Married theme? )

Edit: OK, My bad. The Fascism slogan is Strength Through Unity. But Unity Makes Strength is the National motto of The Netherlands, Bulgaria and Haiti... Still same concept.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Sep 23rd, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Likes Hoff4D, LiamKerrington, Bakkie-Pleur liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Fresh Meat"

Status

It sounds like CJ isn't banning them forever. I like her management decisions; I think she is solid.

I'm surprised that Victor and Saul didn't say anything, but it's actually for the better. I am also surprised that CJ would've thrown them out the way she did when she is so dependent on Saul's mother.

I thought Hope's reaction was a bit strange. My god the girl is getting some vision back, you'd thought that she'd be a bit happier.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast