User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Preppers! CJ was a prepper. Somewhere deep within the bowels of Dunbar is a foundry and a hoard of pre-1964 dimes and quarters with which to melt and mold silver ingots. A Gadsden Flag. Free Government Publications from Pueblo Colorado. And the book, Build Your Own Laser, Phaser, Ion Ray Gun and Other Working Space Age Projects
    Hey, don't forget The Poor Man's James Bond, the Anarchist's Cookbook and pretty much the entire Paladin Press catalog.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

One more thing that might help in the quest for CJ's past....

In Chapter 31-2, Saul and Victor are trying to convince CJ that they need to go to the Colony to get Glenn's sat phone. They try to persuade her by suggesting that it would be nice to go somewhere that might be "normal".

CJ responds at about 4:34 - "What's normal?!? Working most of your life doing trivial shit just to get by?"

So she doesn't necessarily think very highly of her previous life/job, IMO
    Likes Red Shirt, Jannit, Witch_Doctor, Grognaurd liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post

In Chapter 31-2, Saul and Victor are trying to convince CJ that they need to go to the Colony to get Glenn's sat phone. They try to persuade her by suggesting that it would be nice to go somewhere that might be "normal".

CJ responds at about 4:34 - "What's normal?!? Working most of your life doing trivial shit just to get by?"

I took this to also refer to the present reality. Kalani fought his way to a plane, crashed, fought his way out of LAX and she sends him down to mix concrete within 15 minutes of arrival. Duncan and Samantha do not seem happy to be there and Kalani hopes to see sunlight in a couple of weeks.

She really does treat her people like peasants and thinks of herself as an action hero. She has the drop on Saul and fails to kill him. She gets her sword stuck in a zombie and Scratch kicks her ass. She is fricken delusional. All hat no cattle. Talks the talk but cannot walk the walk. She is an arrogant bookworm who has no field experience. One of the worse leaders to have.

She would make a good Subject Matter Expert, but she has to lose the chip on her shoulder. Michael is so far ahead of her in natural charisma and the leadership learning curve it is pathetic.
    Likes 7oddisdead, EpiEpee, scbubba liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I took this to also refer to the present reality. Kalani fought his way to a plane, crashed, fought his way out of LAX and she sends him down to mix concrete within 15 minutes of arrival. Duncan and Samantha do not seem happy to be there and Kalani hopes to see sunlight in a couple of weeks.

She really does treat her people like peasants and thinks of herself as an action hero. She has the drop on Saul and fails to kill him. She gets her sword stuck in a zombie and Scratch kicks her ass. She is fricken delusional. All hat no cattle. Talks the talk but cannot walk the walk. She is an arrogant bookworm who has no field experience. One of the worse leaders to have.

She would make a good Subject Matter Expert, but she has to lose the chip on her shoulder. Michael is so far ahead of her in natural charisma and the leadership learning curve it is pathetic.
    SCBubba has a point here. When she first meets Victor and Saul and they realize that she's not a Maller, one of them refers to her as a 'nobody'. She seems more hurt and offended by this comment than being captured by the duo, and screams out, "I'm NOT just some nobody!" It's like she didn't get any validation for her talents before the SHTF.

As far as her medical training background, for what it is worth, when Saul ties the tourniquet around her leg he starts to say that it will stop the bleeding but CJ interrupts and finishes the sentence. Saul replies/rebukes, "I know, because you know everything.

It seems that managing people is a weak point for her. Like GrogNaurd said in another, she's no leader. This would weaken the suggestion that she is a spy. Modern spy craft often involves manipulating people, who have information, to betray their country and share that information with you. She seems to have way more military & survival knowledge necessary for, say, a Chinese agent who would more likely try to steal computer technology or high tech manufacturing secrets. Although, it would be interesting to see this story played out with China spying on Radon Labs.
    Likes Red Shirt, scbubba liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Hey, don't forget The Poor Man's James Bond, the Anarchist's Cookbook and pretty much the entire Paladin Press catalog.
    Great, now I have to add these to my collection.

EDIT: WOW!

There is also a movie called The Anarchist's Cookbook about a character who shows up with the book to a group of kids called The Family led by a kid named Puck.

The Anarchist's Cookbook on IMDB. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284850/
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Sep 13th, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
    Likes Red Shirt, thisonegirl, scbubba liked this post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    You all are making me feel much more secure in my vote for Librarian being CJ's occupation. :P
    Likes thisonegirl, scbubba, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol

In away I agree with CJ in the fact that we all do things that are very trivial. Weare all slaves to the almighty dollar. It would be liberating to not have to work to get $$ to do things or to even survive.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

On the face value, I always suspected that she was part of the Coast Guard rescue team.
    Likes 7oddisdead liked this post
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

Whatever CJ's occupation was, I think she's just a classic Type A. She could have been a military brat, moved around a lot, learned everything she could. She's a classic over achiever, her how to manuals are proof of that and her strong alphadog mentality that her way is the ONLY way. She was probably an only child, and I assume this on two reasons. She's Chinese and there's a strong One Child Policy. My second and probably strongest reason is her social skills. She's got to be the ONE ( as in - in charge, center of attention, first ONE to be taken care of, the one who's needs are met and considered etc.) If she was an eldest child, she'd still have Alpha tendencies, but she'd be more nurturing, which she doesn't seem to be because she's always on "point."

Again, I speak of her Asian side only because I can somewhat relate. Honestly, it's pretty accurate too. Straight forward, stoic, sometimes very overly aggressive and abrasive. Mixed that with Type A and, there you have it. CJ.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    I GOT IT! Everyone knows how she is a great planner but has horrible execution. What happened, the outbreak, was all her fault, she was in charge of something (ex. transporting or security) of whatever caused the outbreak and because her plans tend to fail horribly this outbreak happened.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Hanniekuma liked this post

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast