User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post
    I'm pretty sure at First Aid classes and the like, they say they are a last resort, but don't explain why. She may have thought she had some hope to keep the leg, not realizing the toxins on the other side of the tourniquet would prevent that.
    This is the only point I disagree with within your two points. There hasn't been any first aid class that I went to that did not stress why a tourniquet is a last resort and why. Of course, the only problem that you might find with my counterargument is "that I went to", I've already thought of it for you You might be right and there might be some classes out there that do no provide the why.

Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post
    I'm not ready to commit to any one camp as to what CJ's previous profession was, but I think not knowing the complete consequences of a tourniquet doesn't prevent her from being associated with healthcare in some way. There are plenty of non-clinical staff around hospitals who don't have patient interaction, and could be involved in planning.
    Lol, I'm not sure if you've read through all my posts here, but I obviously haven't committed to any which one thing either, I'm still speculating. I never said she didn't work in a non-clinical aspect of the medicine field, but I also never said I didn't believe she was in a non-clinical occupation. I only said "medicine field" and should have probably been more specific. I actually thought maybe Hanniekuma had a point when she said CJ might be someone like a medical coder. So, touché, for pointing out the error of my ways! (no, I'm not being hostile, I just have an amazingly dry sense of humor)

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

I think CJ's parents were immigrants and she was forced to work at thier nail salon. We know that she had a meaningless job she hated enough that she considered her current state to be more significant
    Likes thisonegirl liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post

So Sean has known CJ long enough to develop a deeper relationship than we see her have with anyone else. AND he's seen her have some sort of breakdown. This could have all occurred between Z-day and Kalani's arrival but I think we're supposed to infer that Sean and CJ go back before Z-day....
    I agree with this 100%. CJ doesn't fit the bill to start a relationship in the middle of SHTF and trying to get everything secure and in place. I always thought Saul was wrong when he mentions to victor that they have known CJ longer.

Perhaps CJ does private security. I had always assumed some kind of law enforcement and something happened on the job to have her "break down".

"Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    "Paging Dr. Fabre, ouh that's me...".
    I'm not 100% sure on this but didn't lizzie say she never actually worked as a dr ? She just went along with her dad wanting her to go to college or something to that effect? But the CJ/Ink thing could be interesting....
    I only speak three languages-English, Spanglish and Sarcasm, If you don't speak at least two of them you probably won't get my humor anyway...

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I'm not 100% sure on this but didn't lizzie say she never actually worked as a dr ? She just went along with her dad wanting her to go to college or something to that effect? But the CJ/Ink thing could be interesting....
    You are correct, she said she never actually worked as a therapist, but she finished school because her dad was "footing the bill". I was just listening to this episode two nights ago.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    My guess is there would still be practical sessions while she was in school. I cannot imagine a doctoral program being strictly class room, book and theoretical. I have been in group therapy sessions facilitated graduate students.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

My guess is there would still be practical sessions while she was in school. I cannot imagine a doctoral program being strictly class room, book and theoretical. I have been in group therapy sessions facilitated graduate students.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    This is also true. What I meant to say, was that I don't think she ever worked after she had her degree. I'm pretty sure that's the point she makes.

I'll try to find the dialogue in the podcast.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

You are right, she never worked as a therapist. But, I my guess is she has to have practical experience and she says the paging comment so freely that it sounds to me like she has experience hearing it a lot in hospitals

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Preppers! CJ was a prepper. Somewhere deep within the bowels of Dunbar is a foundry and a hoard of pre-1964 dimes and quarters with which to melt and mold silver ingots. A Gadsden Flag. Free Government Publications from Pueblo Colorado. And the book, Build Your Own Laser, Phaser, Ion Ray Gun and Other Working Space Age Projects
    Likes Red Shirt, scbubba, Hanniekuma liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast