User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    /cheer

There really could be a voodoo totem aspect of this. Makes as much sense as what I push. But, I have no tattoos and do not know anything about voodoo, so I will stick to science for some stuff and storycraft writing. But, I really do like the idea of recon cows, I just do not know how he does it lol.
    Likes Hoff4D liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Crows are interesting birds to say the least. When I was growing up, my uncle had a farm and crows were always a threat to the crops. I would set up with my air rifle and a bunch of bread thrown out on the ground near the corn field. The trick was always to wait until one or two had shown up grabbed some of the bread and flown off. It was like they were scouts and they flew back to give the all-clear to the rest.

Once they started showing up, I could use the quiet air rifle to start picking them off. I could usually get a few dozen of them before the "lookout" crows that stayed in an elevated place (tree or telephone wire) gave the warning and they all flew away.

So, I could definitely see crows having the capability to act as recon or scouts.

Anyway, as to the story, I figure some background sounds are there for the drama/atmosphere of the audio drama. Some stuff is a direct part of the story. I feel like the parts that are directly tied into the story are usually/eventually called out by a character's voice (or voice over).

That being said, I think the crows are more of a mood device than a direct part of the story. The mood that the crow calls are meant to convey exactly....? Not sure. I've noticed in several of the instances, the characters in that scene are in dangerous places even if not in observed direct danger at the moment.

Oh well, no matter what it turns out to be, this exercise is a good reason to listen to WA episodes again and a fun topic to try to tie together.....
    Last edited by scbubba; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: typo
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Crows are interesting birds to say the least. When I was growing up, my uncle had a farm and crows were always a threat to the crops. I would set up with my air rifle and a bunch of bread thrown out on the ground near the corn field. The trick was always to wait until one or two had shown up grabbed some of the bread and flown off. It was like they were scouts and they flew back to give the all-clear to the rest.

Once they started showing up, I could use the quite air rifle to start picking them off. I could usually get a few dozen of them before the "lookout" crows that stayed in an elevated place (tree or telephone wire) gave the warning and they all flew away.

So, I could definitely see crows having the capability to act as recon or scouts.

Anyway, as to the story, I figure some background sounds are there for the drama/atmosphere of the audio drama. Some stuff is a direct part of the story. I feel like the parts that are directly tied into the story are usually/eventually called out by a character's voice (or voice over).

That being said, I think the crows are more of a mood device than a direct part of the story. The mood that the crow calls are meant to convey exactly....? Not sure. I've noticed in several of the instances, the characters in that scene are in dangerous places even if not in observed direct danger at the moment.

Oh well, no matter what it turns out to be, this exercise is a good reason to listen to WA episodes again and a fun topic to try to tie together.....
    I've watched a few videos on the intelligence of crows...they keep estimating their equivalent intelligence level to an older and older age of human as time goes on. I think the last I read was that of a 5 yr old.....One guy has even trained them to pick up coins out of the street for him. Forgot HOW he trained them, but at this point I believe he leaves his window open and the crows fly in, drop off change and he gives them a piece of food. Now he has a flock of freakin crows essentially panhandling the streets for lost change, it was amazing to see. So that's where I got my "Recon" from, but hearing your 'scout' story makes me almost start to believe my own claim here......interesting
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

38-3

We hear a crow just before and just after Michael says Burt has left.

So, again we are left with an observation, but nothing conclusive.

Is it Scratch?
    Well, he and Riley are going after Scratch.

Is it a reference to the family?
    Well, scratch is part of the family. Is Burt and/or Rliey part of the family? Well, they do behave with a single minded focus to get Scratch much like she operates to get Pegs.

Is it a death omen?
    Well, they are going after Scratch and people do tend to die around her.

Crow Recon
    Well, since Burt can shoot like no other, I would like to know if he was gone.

One other "aspect" I would like to pull into this thread since we have now heard Crows twice with Burt and Riley. Scratch's ring did have bird wings holding the stone. Everyone in the Tower was given a bird code name. In fact, Riley was give the French word for bird (osseau spellin?) and Burt was even named Raven.

*Rolls Eyes*
    I just do not know..,

Have you heard the one about the song birds? We hear them, too...
    Likes scbubba liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Chapter 6 part 2

they are talking about the tanker and scratch makes a angry declarative statement...then a crow. I believe the first time the connection appears.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

So....

I have to go with the idea of Easter eggs/ critical story points. Look at the parts we have found crows in and search for info there. Seems a bit too random to only be scratch/family ties.

Liking this idea.
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Oct 13th, 2013 at 12:42 AM.
    KAW

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

In my delusions of withdrawl, I started looking at some of the "live" photos for the first time. Look what I found! They are EVERYWHERE! I hear they are massing for assault on poor WitchDoctor and they know better than to mess with scbubba, even though I am sure he is on the Ten Most Wanted List of crows everywhere...

img_2412.jpg
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Oct 17th, 2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Likes Kc, Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Chapter 5 lady and the Tink. Part 3. ~ 5:00 A crow in the background when Burt an Lizzy wake up in the Tanker. Heard with other morning birds.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Chapter 6 part 2

they are talking about the tanker and scratch makes a angry declarative statement...then a crow. I believe the first time the connection appears.
    ~ 3:15. Scratch tells Burt, Saul and Lizzy to leave the truck. Then several other times during the conversation

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    ~ 3:15. Scratch tells Burt, Saul and Lizzy to leave the truck. Then several other times during the conversation
    Yes, several other times during the conversation. But what struck me about that particular one was how the KAW seemed to punctuate her statement. That might be something worth exploring in this. How often does that sort of thing happen? Maybe im coo coo, but I wonder if the ones that end a sentence are pointing out things that SHOULD have been done, but weren't. Trouble avoided...that sort of thing.
    KAW

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast